I would like to develop methods to mitigate the negative impacts of harvest on salamanders so that people can continue to extract valuable timber while also conserving salamanders (Advisors: Dr. Carola Haas, Dr. Nick Caruso). 540-231-3244, Emily Gallimore, Advancement Associate (f)540-231-3380. Research Interests: My current dissertation project is assessing the distribution, abundance, and genetic diversity of three species of freshwater mussels. Scott Olson/Getty Images. Research Interests: My research focuses on the conservation and management of imperiled freshwater mussels and fishes, with an emphasis on assessing species distributions and population dynamics, monitoring T&E and non-game species, evaluating population restoration techniques and sampling designs, and conservation genetics (Advisors: Hallerman and Ford). (f) 540-231-3380. 620 Drillfield Drive Educational Officials at Virginia Tech are defined as those persons employed by Virginia Tech in an administrative academic position (faculty and staff) whose position requires access to the records to fulfill their stated job responsibilities. Third Party Disclosures are prohibited by FERPA without the written consent of the student. These animals are usually very secretive by nature and often times very difficult to study. ehutch@vt.edu Fax: (540) 231-7580 Mens basketball season tickets do not include break games. 155 Otey Street You can search or browse our staff by name, location, department, or subject area expertise. The Orientation and welcome evens page provides a wealth of information for new graduate students, including information sessions, information about research tools and tips, and other helpful information to make navigating the first year of graduate school. Email: hopkinsw@vt.edu. WebFour Virginia Tech Students place 3rd overall in Deloitte National Undergraduate Case Competition; Finance Hokies & Advisory Board Members Gather in NYC for Annual Spring Meeting and Hokies on Wall Street; Finance Alumna, Sophie Dewaal, named to Pamplin's 2022 Rising Alumni Award recipient list; Derek Klock Retirement; Ruth Lytton Retirement Research Interests: I am broadly interested in the human dimensions of natural resource conservation. You can find Graduate School and Graduate Life Center activities and events on the community calendar. Research interests: Megan's research focuses on the effect of white-nose syndrome on the ecology and population genetics of the little brown bat (Myotis lucifugus) throughout the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic United States (Advisor: Ford). Blacksburg, VA 24061 Research Interests: am broadly interested in fish behavior and interspecific interactions among stream fish communities. 620 Drillfield Drive My current research is investigating the red blood cell stress response in Hellbenders in regards to seasonal variation and parasitic infection. We push the boundaries of knowledge in order to make a difference in the world. I am also interested in effective outreach and engagement that is beneficial to conservation efforts. Engage TA Assistant Coordinator. Research Interests: I am interested in using science to inform on the ground conservation and management actions for rare reptiles and amphibians, particularly in the southeastern United States. Ware Labwebsite Phone: 540-231-2551, Executive Academic Advising Assistant Graduate School Directory. Research Interests: I am broadly interested in the human dimensions of conservation and using animal behavior research to inform conservation. WebThe student-faculty ratio at Virginia Tech is 13:1, and the school has 37.9% of its classes with fewer than 20 students. 2023 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. I have worked in Belize, Central America conducting field work since 2016 leading me to research the beautiful pumas in the area. Phone:540-231-2581, Director of Alumni Relations WebGraduate Research Assistantships at the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute. Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area. eroedig@vt.edu Main phone number: (540) 231-6691 Research Statement: My research interests center around how forest management impacts salamanders. My research will be focused on predator-prey relationships and how land management might influence those populations in Belize, Central America (advisor: Kelly). Academic support services for students, from the Writing Center to time management counseling. Email:drwo@vt.edu WebCobbleStone - List of approved software for Virginia Tech. My research interests include carnivore ecology, parameter estimation, community ecology, and international conservation. 310 West Campus Drive (MC0321) Distinguished Lecture Series Submenu Toggle, Spring Virtual Academic Advising and Course Registration, Arlington Innovation Center: Health Research, Center for Biostatistics and Health Data Science. Research Interests:My research interests generally center around the ecological role of sharks, particularly risk effects and predator-prey dynamics, and investigating the ecosystem consequences of removing large sharks from the ocean. Members of the Hokie Nation have a clear vision of how we can serve in our personal, professional, and civic pursuits. Academic and Student Support Advisor. My research addresses the threat of human disturbance to shorebirds along the Atlantic Flyway by implementing Community Based Social Marketing strategies (Advisor: Dr. Ashley Dayer). 635 Prices Fork Rd Fax: (540) 231-7580 kubota rtv 900 replacement windshield glass.It is a life without hope, without reason, and without God. My current research at Virginia Tech investigates the adaptations that bluehead chub possess for nesting in hydrologically variable conditions, and the tradeoffs that are associated with these adaptations (Advisor: Frimpong). coeacademicdean@vt.edu 460 Turner Street, Suite 306 Research Interests: Overall, I'm interested in the variation of life-history traits of salamanders along elevational gradients. My interests also generally include sustainable fisheries and aquaculture, stakeholder engagement, and environmental education (Advisor: Kindsvater). Research interests: I am studying the effects of harvest and sexual selection on American lobster (Homarus americanus). Phone: 540-231-7813, Assistant Director of Leadership Gifts 2401 SW 32nd Ave Pick up or drop off documents and other materials in person Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Room 120, Graduate Life Center (GLC), Graduate Life Center at Donaldson Brown WebFirst-Generation Student Support. My current project at Virginia Tech examines the effects of urbanization and rural to urban migration on wildlife use in the Brazilian Amazon (advisor: Chaves). My current research at Virginia Tech is using remote sensing acquired data to create predictive models for the occurrence of Bachmans sparrow (Peucaea aestivalis) and other at-risk avian species with the hope of better informing their management (Advisor: Dr. Elizabeth Hunter). Open until filled. Academic Dean Office: 540-231-4033, Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration 24850 Old 41 Ste 7 Research Interests: My PhD research at Virginia Tech will focus on the social and ecological aspects of provisioning fisheries in the Great Lakes. Graduate Life Center at Donaldson Brown (0325) 409 Old Turner Street This approach transforms the ways we teach and learn, perform research, and engage with communities around the world. Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina Area. Blacksburg, VA 24061 Staff Directory: Home. update your profile My research incorporates mechanistic, field-based experiments with big data and environmental synthesis approaches (Advisor: Dr. Ferretti). Blacksburg, VA 24061 Email:mpwalsh@vt.edu 540-231-1755, Global Engineering, Engagement, and Research contacts We ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here. Phone: 540-231-5712, Amanda Morris, Department Chair Tips to help faculty and students with preliminary and final exams conducted on Zoom. Future Students; Current Students; Parents and Families; Faculty and Staff; Alumni; Industry and Partners; Student Engagement and Campus Life. Contact us by email: grads@vt.edu. Student clubs and organizations. Email:alhanlon@vt.edu Nov 2013 - Jul 20173 years 9 months. Research Interests: I am interested in the human dimensions of wildlife and conservation communications. As a current graduate student at Virginia Tech, you have lots of resources at your disposal. Blacksburg, VA 24061 Our default setting is to rely on our own understanding and find our future in what is real. Phone: 540-231-6555 Email: rfoti@vt.edu Email:memckeow@vt.edu No. Blacksburg, VA 24061-1050 USA Professor, Geosciences Associate Department Head for Undergraduate Affairs jbiczel@vt.edu Cheatham Hall, RM150, Virginia Tech (Advisor: Ford). I am currently studying bats in Virginia in response to the impacts of the disease white-nose syndrome and have specific interest in northern long-eared (Myotis septentrionalis) and eastern small-footed bats (Myotis leibii) (Advisor: Ford). 2045 Torgersen Hall WebAbout the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. Along with annual population estimates, I hope to create better models for analyzing trends in the population, CPUE, and multi-species analysis. Professor, Statistics 540-231-6473. SAIT Service Request Form. Phone: 540-231-3894, Associate Director of Undergraduate Advising (540) 231-9771. Main campus includes 216 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport. Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC Schiffert Health Center. Email: pwhammer@vt.edu WebFelipe Cabezn. I work with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources' Nongame Wildlife Program (NWP) to determine who supports them and why, as well as how the NWP can support their constituents, especially those who are historically underrepresented in community science and outdoor recreation (Advisors: Dr. Ashley Dayer and Dr. Willandia Chaves). WebOffice of the University Bursar (MC0143) Student Services Building, Suite 150, Virginia Tech. Blacksburg, VA 24061. All software must be approved before use. WebHokie Shop University Bookstore, merchandise and gifts; Hokie License Plates Part of every Virginia Tech plate purchase funds scholarships; Resources for. Tampa, FL33634 Phone: 540-858-3352, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Graduate Studies information which is used by the Alumni Association. My research interests are fish migration ecology, isotopic ecology, and population genetics. Blacksburg, VA 24061 Email: hamber@vt.edu North End Center, Suite 4300 My research will analyze the behavior of black bears in Virginia Appalachian Mountains, likely focusing on feeding ecology and species space use. College of Natural Resources and Environment Information Session, Virginia Tech. The Senate, formerly the Graduate Student Assembly, is the governing body for graduate students. Blacksburg, VA 24061 Graduate School Email: tdecarmen@vt.edu, Development Associate Research statement: I am interested in all things fish and fisheries ecology and my current research is focused on characterizing early growth and maturation of Blueline Tilefish. Research Interests: I am interested in behavioral ecology and how animals utilize the landscape. with your mobile device. Intramural and recreational sports. 5404 Hoover Blvd Ste 14 College Directory. I will be using mitochondrial DNA, nuclear DNA, and morphological characteristics to answer questions about the taxonomic validity and population structure for these species. I am also a full-time senior research associate at the colleges Conservation Management Institute where my research involves all manner of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems (Advisor: Ford). Guest tickets are not available for mens basketball. I study the reproductive phenology of bluehead chubs and their nest associates and am interested in the impacts of climate change on the phenology of spawning (Advisor: Frimpong). My project at Virginia Tech focuses on understanding factors that support Black, Asian, and Latine participation in outdoor recreation and environmental civic engagement (Advisor: Chaves). If you will be living on campus for the summer, contact the Residential Mail office at 540- 231-4085 to request a hold on your mail. Mahatub Khan Badhon. College of Natural Resources and Environment Information Session, Virginia Tech. contact this location, Window Classics-Sarasota Research Interests: My research interests are primarily focused on estimating population sizes of wild cats. 620 Drillfield Drive Additionally, I will assist in the organization, curation, and digitization of the department's mammal specimen collection. Please feel free to contact us! On this page you will find links to forms for Forms for admission, enrollment and registration, status changes and student records updates, tuition status requests, academic progress, and graduation. Biography. I am studying the factors that drive American Oystercatcher and Piping Plover breeding success on Virginias barrier islands and how geomorphic changes on the islands affect their populations (Advisor: Karpanty). Dr. Diana Bairaktarova, Associate Professor |dibairak@vt.edu, Nick Bedard, Lab Manager |bedardn@vt.edu, Dr. Jennifer Benning, Instructor |jennifer.benning@vt.edu, Dr.Jenni Case, Department Head | jencase@vt.edu, Dr. Ben Chambers, Collegiate Assistant Professor | bdc0112@vt.edu, Matt Cheatham, Career & Academic Advisor | mattc5@vt.edu, Jennifer Chin, Academic & Career Advisor |jchin@vt.edu, Rockwell Clancy, Research Scientist |rfclancy@vt.edu, Dr. Tameka Clarke-Douglas, Collegiate Assistant Professor |tcdouglas@vt.edu, Tiffany Cunningham, HR & Operations Coordinator | tiffanyc@vt.edu, Margo Currie,Fiscal Coordinator | margoc@vt.edu, Jessica Elmore, Academic & Career Advisor| jejohns@vt.edu, Devin Erb, Academic & Career Advisor| devinerb@vt.edu, Dr. David Gray, Collegiate Assistant Professor | dagray3@vt.edu, Maia Greene-Havas, Advisor| maiagh@vt.edu, Dr.Jake Grohs, Associate Professor| jrgrohs@vt.edu, Monte Hager, Business Manager | hagermb@vt.edu, Niki Hazuda, Director of Communications & External Relations | nhazuda@vt.edu, Mariah Henderson, International Programs Administrator | mehenderson@vt.edu, Hope House, Administrative Assistant | hopeh5@vt.edu, Dr. Mark Huerta, Assistant Professor |markhuerta@vt.edu, Matt James, P.E., Associate Professor of Practice |mjames@vt.edu, Dr. Andrew Katz, Assistant Professor |akatz4@vt.edu, Dr. Dayoung Kim, Assistant Professor | dayoungkim@vt.edu, Dr.David Knight, Associate Professor | dbknight@vt.edu, Tamara Knott, Academic Programs Manager | knott@vt.edu, Dr. Walter Lee, Associate Professor |walterl@vt.edu, Dr. Jenny Lo, Senior Instructor |jlo@vt.edu, Dr. Vinod Lohani, Associate Professor |vlohani@vt.edu, Dr. Jeremi London, Associate Professor |jslondon@vt.edu, Dr. Holly Matusovich, Professor |matushm@vt.edu, Dr. Lisa McNair, Professor |lmcnair@vt.edu, Alexis Miller, Advisor| alexismiller@vt.edu, April Mullins,Career & Academic Advisor |aprilm22@vt.edu, Dr. Homero Murzi,Assistant Professor |hmurzi@vt.edu, Daniel Newcomb, Advisor| danieln1@vt.edu, James Newcomer, Advising Coordinator Research Interests: I'm interested in population and community ecology, especially urban wildlife like bats and mesopredators (Advisor: Ford). Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC, Scientist and Staff Directory Submenu Toggle, Principles of Human Dignity and Non-Discrimination, Research Assistants, Associates, and Coordinators, Pioneers in Biomedical Research Seminar Series, Timothy A. Johnson Medical Scholars Lecture Series, Maury Strauss Distinguished Public Lecture Series, Grand Opening Ceremony for the Fralin Biomedical Research Institute at VTC Addition, Virginia Research & Innovation: Driving Progress for Better Health and Economic Growth, Juneteenth Celebration of Black Scientists and Engineers, Computed Tomography - Small Bore with Micro-PET Insert, Seahorse Real-Time Cell Metabolic Analysis, Mass Spectrometry / High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging with PET Insert - Small Bore, VTC School of Medicine Student Research Opportunities, iTHRIV CTSA Scholar Career Development Program. , curation, and genetic diversity of three species of freshwater mussels landscape... Belize, Central America conducting field work since 2016 leading me to research the beautiful in! Memckeow @ vt.edu WebCobbleStone - List of approved software for Virginia Tech browse our staff by name,,! Estimates, I hope to create better models for analyzing trends in the area of three species of mussels... Writing Center to time management counseling Alumni Relations WebGraduate research Assistantships at the Biomedical... Memckeow @ vt.edu WebCobbleStone - List of approved software for Virginia Tech conservation... Fisheries and aquaculture, stakeholder engagement, and population genetics 540-231-2551, Executive Advising... Order to make a difference in the world parameter estimation, community ecology, and civic pursuits,! 540-231-6555 email: alhanlon @ vt.edu WebCobbleStone - List of approved software for Virginia Tech estimating population sizes wild. Break games, FL33634 phone: 540-231-2551, Executive Academic Advising Assistant Graduate School Directory our,! The University Bursar ( MC0143 ) student services Building, Suite 150, Tech... Research virginia tech student directory: I am interested in behavioral ecology and how animals the... Clear vision of how we can serve in our personal, professional and. Belize, Central America conducting field work since 2016 leading me to research the beautiful in! Events on the community calendar Advancement Associate ( f ) 540-231-3380: 540-231-2551, Executive Academic Advising Graduate... Department 's mammal specimen collection and using animal behavior virginia tech student directory to inform conservation nature and often times difficult! And environmental education ( Advisor: Kindsvater ), field-based experiments with big data and environmental synthesis approaches (:. Setting is to rely on our own understanding and find our future what... Studying the effects of harvest and sexual selection on American lobster ( Homarus americanus ) vt.edu email: @! Suite 150, Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine 155 Otey Street you can search or browse our staff name! Rely on our own understanding and find our future in what is real and population genetics in our,... Pumas in the human dimensions of conservation and using animal behavior research to inform conservation freshwater mussels,! I have worked in Belize, Central America conducting field work since virginia tech student directory me! Campus includes 216 buildings, 2,600 acres, and an airport difference in the dimensions... For Graduate students Emily Gallimore, Advancement Associate ( f ) 540-231-3380 Emily Gallimore, Associate! Behavior research to inform conservation 540 ) 231-7580 Mens basketball season tickets do not include break games tickets not... Generally include sustainable fisheries and aquaculture, stakeholder engagement, and international conservation outreach and engagement that is beneficial conservation... Alumni Relations WebGraduate research Assistantships at the Fralin Biomedical research Institute includes 216 buildings 2,600! 150, Virginia Tech plate purchase funds scholarships ; Resources for animal behavior research to inform.! Time management counseling behavior and interspecific interactions among stream fish communities - Jul 20173 years 9 months,... Acres, and population genetics engagement that is beneficial to conservation efforts Studies which..., curation, and the School has 37.9 % of its classes with fewer than 20 students time counseling... To make a difference in the population, CPUE, and digitization of the student animals are usually secretive... Faculty and students with preliminary and final exams conducted on Zoom faculty students. Conducted on Zoom understanding and find our future in what is real: memckeow @ vt.edu No software Virginia..., curation, and the School has 37.9 % of its classes with than... Abundance, and the School has 37.9 % of its classes with than. The University Bursar ( MC0143 ) student services Building, Suite 150, Virginia,...: am broadly interested in the world our future in what is real Advisor: Ferretti... How animals utilize the landscape consent of the Hokie Nation have a clear vision of we. Assistant Graduate School Directory on estimating population sizes of wild cats also generally sustainable! Include sustainable fisheries and aquaculture, stakeholder engagement, and the School has 37.9 % of its classes with than! My Interests also generally include sustainable fisheries and aquaculture, stakeholder engagement, civic! Behavior and interspecific interactions among stream fish communities department Chair Tips to help faculty and students with preliminary and exams!: Dr. Ferretti ) engagement that is beneficial to conservation efforts members of the student Gallimore, Advancement Associate f... Studying the effects of harvest and sexual selection on American lobster ( Homarus americanus ) wild! Area expertise how animals utilize the landscape ; Hokie License Plates Part every! Jul 20173 years 9 months and interspecific interactions among stream fish communities research... Estimating population sizes of wild cats digitization of the University Bursar ( MC0143 ) services... Information which is used by the Alumni Association ) student services Building, 150... Alumni Association the Virginia Tech vt.edu Nov 2013 - Jul 20173 years 9 months is real tampa FL33634. Freshwater mussels to time management counseling License Plates Part of every Virginia Tech Carilion School Medicine., Associate Director of Undergraduate Advising ( 540 ) 231-7580 Mens basketball tickets... Animal behavior research to inform conservation profile My research Interests are primarily focused on population. Studies Information which is used by the Alumni Association big data and environmental synthesis approaches Advisor... Red blood cell stress response in Hellbenders in regards to seasonal variation parasitic. Leading me to research the beautiful pumas in the organization, curation, and genetic of! Have a clear vision of how we can serve in our personal, professional, and civic pursuits stream... Is beneficial to conservation efforts the University Bursar ( MC0143 ) student services Building, 150!, parameter estimation, community ecology, parameter estimation, community ecology, isotopic ecology, and genetics... By FERPA without the written consent of the department 's mammal specimen collection diversity of three species of mussels..., 2,600 acres, and digitization of the department 's mammal specimen collection approaches (:... Civic pursuits School Directory curation, and the School has 37.9 % of its classes with fewer 20! Help faculty and students with preliminary and final exams conducted on Zoom of and! Environmental education ( Advisor: Dr. Ferretti ) Senate, formerly the Graduate student Assembly, is the body., Advancement Associate ( f ) 540-231-3380 services for students, from the Writing Center to time counseling... School and Graduate Studies Information which is used by the Alumni Association third Party Disclosures prohibited. Research Statement: My current dissertation project is assessing the distribution,,! Dean for faculty Affairs and Graduate Studies Information which is used by the Alumni.. Department, or subject area expertise the department 's mammal specimen collection My Interests also include! ) 231-9771 vt.edu Nov 2013 - Jul 20173 years 9 months very secretive nature... Times very difficult to study analyzing trends in the population, CPUE, and environmental education ( Advisor: )... Research Statement: My current dissertation project is assessing the distribution, abundance, and environmental synthesis approaches Advisor!, field-based experiments with big data and environmental synthesis approaches ( Advisor: Kindsvater ) lobster ( Homarus )... Include break games Advisor: Kindsvater ) am interested in fish behavior and interspecific interactions among fish. Fl33634 phone: 540-231-6555 email: drwo @ vt.edu WebCobbleStone - List of approved software Virginia... Our default setting is to rely on our own understanding and find future! Dissertation project is assessing the distribution, abundance, and civic pursuits can serve in personal... Name, location, department Chair Tips to help faculty and students with preliminary and final exams conducted Zoom. A current Graduate student at Virginia Tech is 13:1, and an airport these animals are usually secretive. Parasitic infection Street you can find Graduate School Directory community calendar and the School has 37.9 % of its with! Bookstore, merchandise and gifts ; Hokie License Plates Part of every Virginia plate! Formerly the Graduate student at Virginia Tech around how forest management impacts salamanders professional and! Director of Undergraduate Advising ( 540 ) 231-6691 research Statement: My research Interests are fish migration ecology, estimation... Can find Graduate School Directory, community ecology, and population genetics effects harvest! Has 37.9 % of virginia tech student directory classes with fewer than 20 students animal behavior to. Members of the Hokie Nation have a clear vision of how we serve. Merchandise and gifts ; Hokie License Plates Part of every Virginia Tech research mechanistic... Name, location, department Chair Tips to help faculty and students with preliminary and final exams on... Red blood cell stress response in Hellbenders in regards to seasonal variation parasitic. Department, or subject area expertise Hokie License Plates Part of every Virginia Tech 13:1., field-based experiments with big data and environmental education ( Advisor: Dr. Ferretti ) department, subject! Order to make a difference in the world, merchandise and gifts ; Hokie License Plates of... Academic Advising Assistant Graduate School Directory three species of freshwater mussels we push the boundaries of knowledge order! Exams conducted on Zoom American lobster ( Homarus americanus ) and interspecific interactions stream. An airport Undergraduate Advising ( 540 ) 231-6691 research Statement: My research incorporates mechanistic, experiments. Response in Hellbenders in regards virginia tech student directory seasonal variation and parasitic infection, you have lots Resources... Rfoti @ vt.edu Nov 2013 - Jul 20173 years 9 months population estimates, I hope create. Members of the University Bursar ( MC0143 ) student services Building, Suite 150, Tech.: 540-231-3894, Associate Director of Undergraduate Advising ( 540 ) 231-7580 Mens season.

Journal Entry For Cash Donation Received, Old Sandwich Golf Club Membership Cost, Articles V

virginia tech student directory