This type of data sharing may be considered a sale of information under California privacy laws. If you buy a saddle from one of these brands, you can rest assured that it will be one of the best choices that you have ever made. Vintage and Antique Saddles. Porter.". When was the International Space Station fully built? Jan 16, 2020 - Explore FX Saddle Co.'s board "Saddle Maker's Marks", followed by 972 people on Pinterest. Research any identifying marks or brands online to determine the manufacturer. The serial number will be located under the skirts or in the same location as the brand name. A tooled brown leather saddle by D.E. Pasted as rich text. See more ideas about makers mark, saddle, western saddle. It appears to be a quality saddle. A forum community dedicated to horse owners and enthusiasts. It is in fact an old training saddle. Your previous content has been restored. Empower Her. . Canada and putter away in my shop refurbishing antique sidesaddles, Western and English. This great old collectible saddle from a very rare Colorado maker is in wonderful condition. Got a photo? In the early 1990s, the Billy Cook company started to make a variety of horse riding equipment with their official American patent. 2023 Horse Saddle Comparison. Look for the manufacturers name and logo to be stamped in plain sight on the saddle. Getting that is really important, regardless of what the rest of the saddle looks like. Kemmer fromAugust 1909 to January 1912 He continued making saddles into the, Wyeth company was in St Joseph MO from the 1840s to the 1950s. I am not too knowledgeable about horses and saddles. Redding Auction Service. We offer our dealers just about every equine item you can think of . Shipping worldwide and stocking quality saddles, boots, tack and clothing. I thought I was aware of most vintage saddle makers but this one has me stumped. We sell brand new and used western saddles and tack. It does not store any personal data. Agreed with Corinowalk! That was an extreme when it came to building seats even then. The salaries of Saddle Makers in the US range from $17,780 to $36,430 , with a median salary of $23,630 . I am new to western riding. She emphasizes, "The Porter store in Tucson was always H. Porter not ever a N. This could mean the brands I saw depicted the period that was showcased in the movies I watched; or a lack of interest in the saddles brands. Many sellers on Etsy offer personalized, made-to-order items. Any idea why that is there? By the early 1900s, they had set up. COLWELL'S FOUR POINT SADDLE BARB on ONE of TWO LINES . The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Connie Metzger and Angelika Kuphalof Black Forest, Germany sent us photos of their saddle. Vintage Western boots and rope Vintage cowboy boots and old rodeo cowboy hat, great western display. . Choose the options youd like for the order. Some obscure brands or saddle makers still have websites dedicated to their products or collectors of their products that may help you pinpoint the saddle's origins. Maker's name is; J.C. Higgins Vintage Western saddle #9512,J.C. In 1919 he went to work and Miles City saddlery and stayed until 1931. Display as a link instead, In December 1894 he went into a partnership with Charles E. Coggshall. L. V Frazer operated in Indianapolis, Indiana in the 1930s and 1940s. Original Price $13.99 If a saddle is unidentifiable that is because it usually had small flaws. Most manufacturers will be able to tell you the age of the saddle using the serial . Editor's note: The Tucson Porter maker's mark above definitely looks like "N. Porter Co.", 1918 custom-made No.4 saddle by Miles City Saddlery. The older ones may have been made by a small-time saddle maker. Typically, orders of $35 USD or more (within the same shop) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy sellers. I'm just curious about the side ways D ring on the back. $107.80 10 Used from $45.72 1 New from $107.80. Which is the best brand of Western saddles? Thanks for sharing. If you read through some of the material in the Saddle Construction area, particulary from 2007 - 2009 or so there were some good threads on how the makers like to shape their seats. Most maker's marks are stamped into the spur either right next . Buford Saddlery was a small, local company in what they call the 'leather capital of the world', Buford Georgia. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. In 1909, Charles E. Coggshall employees Clem Kathmann, Frank Jelinek and Bert Coleman, bought out Coggshall and formed the Miles City Saddlery Co. At its peak between 1910 and the Depression years of the 1930s, there were up to 40 saddle makers working in Miles City. The Big Horn saddle company crafts gorgeous saddles. 10 When did the Old West saddleries go out of business? Etsy is powered by 100% renewable electricity. I feel like such an idiot for not looking closer at those pictures and realizing something is very off with the saddle. I can't help you with who a maker is. In this saddle making brand, you will find a wide array of many western saddles. The leather is soft and pliable and the tree is solid and tight. Antique & Vintage Western Art. Photo courtesy of Kay Mathews. *laugh*. lighter fabric of the gambler's pants and had his tailor create a new, lighter weight version of the frontier pant, just for himself at first. Identifying an old saddle brand can be very difficult & even impossible sometimes. However, they soon were in demand as a staple wear among the men folk in the area. $240.00. Also, here are a few threads with some good saddles built with good seats in them. Thank you for your comment. Original Price $444.43 However, the Circle Y saddle brand also makes other necessary products for western riding. 1890 R.sherlock 1871 S. Sherlock Saddles Harness Saddlery Hardware Portl. The Dakota saddle brand makes stellar western saddles. He died in 1915. J.G. The Circle Y saddle brand was started in Yoakum, Texas in 1960. (353) $135.00 FREE shipping. It is made on a Coggshall's Improved Roundup Tree and has a 15" swell. With comfort for both rider and horse in mind, our saddles are made in the United States of America - in Chattanooga, Tennessee. They are nice, well built saddles. It has several repairs that were obviously made while out on the range around the evening campfire. Photo courtesy of Eddie Hartzell, at H. Porters, Tucson, in 1971. This artifact is a 15" saddle with maker marks in two places (on the side and on the seat.) Jeremiah started his tack making career by first learning the art of saddle making at an Amarillo, Texas school in 1976. His widow, Katherine (Kitty) R. Henly Frazier ran the business until its close in 1958. The book, including Bench Notes with tips and techniques for saving time and money, and companion DVD provide complete and fully illustrated instructions on how to make a top quality western saddle with a minimum of tools and expense. With powerful tools and services, along with expert support and education, we help creative entrepreneurs start, manage, and scale their businesses. This new and one-of-a-kind Flex-Lite Tree allows Circle Y western saddles to fit more horses than any other saddle from any other brand. the 8th number = saddle color so "0" = Dark antique oil, the 9th and 10th number indicate the tree . Putting all your weight on the back end of the saddle like will not help your horse (and may easily harm him) and trapping you in the saddle in that position doesn't help you any either. It was advertised as an "old work saddle.". Your credit card or PayPal account will be charged. Our global marketplace is a vibrant community of real people connecting over special goods. (lot of 7) Western saddle and accoutrements: Old high backed square skirted floral tooled, SADDLE - High seat western saddle made by. But one thing is sure, i like nice and elegant leather work.ThatDakota Saddle.Wow!! Pam Cordier shared a picture of J.L. High Noon (the Western America Tradeshow). Below: Miles City Saddle courtesy of Gail and Jim Kerr,belonged to Gail's dad. Original Price $418.75 We also created 2.6 million jobs in the U.S.enough to employ the entire city of Houston, TX! I wasn't sure of all the locations for stamps. Now that you have an idea of how to begin your saddle search, the next step is to know who the best western saddle makers are. (A smaller saddle may cause uncomfortable chafing.). Garcia of Elko, NV - saddle maker's mark, Frank Vela saddle makers mark Flores like, TX, Fred Mueller saddle makers mark. Phone: 717-334-6941. To list your name or company sent your information to . Famous horse riders that use Circle Y saddles include Martha Josey, who won the 1980 World Barrel Racing Champion. This website has many older ("vintage") saddle maker's marks photographed with . Friendly expert staff ready to assist you in you purchase of a saddle that fits! 1 How do I identify my western saddle maker? Vintage Western Saddle Ring in Sterling Silver with Turquoise and Coral on the Horn, Size 6 1/2. Clear editor. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". is a good saddle? We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. A. $650.16, $699.10 It was thought to be an old reining saddle but I have no clue. If you can find another one like it, you may be able to determine where it came from and its approximate vintage. Check out these used saddles by Dakota, Billy Cook, and more brands. A true relic of the old west. To order, call 800.571.0021 or email Dusty at DustyJohn@aol.com. She really sold that saddle hard and now I know why. Best Western Saddles for Gaited Horses Big Discounts, Horse Backs Up When Mounting The Solution is Easier Than You Think, Gaited Horse Saddles For the Perfect Walk, Trot, Canter or Gallop. Photos of the Price McLauchlin saddle below courtesy of Howard Nicols. Otto died in 1938 and the business continued until it closed in 1975, a year after Ernie died. from, Western Saddle Old Cowboy Saddles and Spurs, Identifying the Craftsmen Who Made Them by Dan and Sebie Hutchins lists over 7000 saddle and spur makers. Allard Auctions Inc. (406) 745-0500. The saddlery continued in business until 1982. $6,500. MEXICO Aguascalientes 1968 1969 Olympics # AJ 596, 1 Slide Cruise Ferry SOL OLYMPIA (ex-STENA BRITANNICA), Brand "Cocktails" W/ Martini Glass Wall Bar Neon Clock, Fort Jackson - 118th Infantry, 30th Infantry Div -1941, Reco Hearts And Flowers Collector Plates By Sandra Kuck, Eagle Industries RLCS MLCS Camelbak Hydration Pouch, VINTAGE 1950's OSCAR MAYER WIENER WHISTLE (QTY 2). But i will go to bed tonight with more knowledge about those pieces of art.. Hi Pierre. She has served as a newspaper reporter and her freelance articles have appeared in magazines such as "Horses Incorporated," "The Paisley Pony" and "Alabama Living." I wiIl get the saddle on the 22nd and can post more pics then. They used the VanCo brand until the 1940s. Simco Leather Company, Chattanooga, Tennessee, active 1933 to present. That partnership lasted until 1899. Custom Spade bits & Bridle bits. Original Price $95.00 I did some research online, and actually came up with this thread by someone on Horseforum. After realizing just how hard it can be to research a saddlery or leather shop (due to a total lack of info), we decided to add this page to the website. In 1868, James Keyston began Keyston Bros. James began making whips and lashes in the stable of his father's home on Church Street in San Francisco. I wanted to add that I was told this particular saddle was made by an employee of Dorie Reese on the side and was never really marketed, as the maker didn't want to lose his job. Saddle_Makers & Makers Marks: J.H Nance & Son of Coleman, Texas, Our family has owned this saddle since the 1960's It was received as a gift from the original owner who owned a large cattle ranch near Sonora Texas I think it was made between 1930 and 1940. 2023 WILD SKY MEDIA. Some of their best include saddles for barrel racing, Cordura, reining, roping, show, trail and training. Contact the saddle's manufacturer for information about the saddle's age. Because every great western horse rider needs the best western saddle. Saddles, Braided Rawhide, Horsehair & Leather. The serial or model number on saddles manufactured after 1990 will almost always have the date of manufacture coded into the serial number. The heavier and more well-worn a saddle is, the older. Jen Davis has been writing since 2004. Frazier Saddle photos courtesy of Dave Fullarton, Australia. Stunning work! Easy, Affordable Horseback Trail Riding Tips To Use Now, How to Measure a Horse for a Saddle Use These 4 Tips, The Horse Saddle Shop Over 40,000 Saddles To Choose From, How to Sit the Trot in a Western Saddle Top 4 Crucial Tips. Youll see ad results based on factors like relevancy, and the amount sellers pay per click. The saddle was made by W.E. In 1929, J. H. Nance and Son was located at 105 South Commercial Avenue in Coleman, TX. Otto's oldest son Ernie joined the firm in 1921. The company continued their riding goods business in Sparks, NV until 1999. As you get more into riding, youll definitely learn the difference between the saddle brands in terms of how you feel after youve ridden your horse. Info@SpursCollector.com LiveAuctioneers Support info@liveauctioneers.com. This saddle making brand produces many different western saddles. The Billy Cook saddle brand is one of the best western saddle brands around. The top of a Western horse saddle consists of the underlying tree, the pommel, seat, cantle, and skirt. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. What Does a Full Size Corn Snake Look Like? John Clark started his saddlery in Portland, Oregon in 1878. Why did they make the list? Click here for a good explanation on Wikipedia. Dale Harwood is a western saddle making legend. Hello there! with silver adornments, tooled. Hand Spun Double Saddle Blanket. May 11, 2018 - Explore Kayla Kopp's board "Saddle makers marks", followed by 170 people on Pinterest. For example, you can buy a Circle Y saddle that is tailored for ranch work, roping, show, training, mounted shooting and more. Bona Allen is based there. Long Description. An interesting feature of Dakota saddles is that they have a ton of options regarding their western saddles. I don't know the big names in western saddlery. After all, the professional of anything was once a beginner. I bought a "un-branded" saddle, that was actualy a Jorge Canaves! Floral tooled Pottsingerton western saddle, Square skirted Western saddle floral engraved, Unmarked floral tooled Western saddle with, Round skirted floral tooled and double rigged. All of their products contain their brand stamp, ensuring that you only receive a one of a kind Billy Cook product. The Dakota saddle brand was started in Flat Rock, Alabama in 1987. Mumbai, Maharashtra .More 104, 1st Floor, Dinar Building, Opp. This means that each saddle that an expert saddle craftsman makes is made to showcase their hard work, dedication and talents. Steve and Leslie Dobson, We would like to make a collection of photos and history of makers and maker's marks. I thought I had a good grasp on what a quality saddle is, but apparently not. Size and dimensions of this item. USA. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. When did the Old West saddleries go out of business? Slade Saddle Shop. Robert Thompson Frazier, the founder was born in 1850 and died on July 27, 1931. If your saddle is more than 20 years old, you may only be able to figure out an approximate age or date of its origins. This allowed me to buy other necessities so that I had all I needed to get riding. Thank you Denise. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. Thoroughly evaluate the saddle or have a saddle expert evaluate the saddle, if you lack experience. Please add this info. With a turnaround time of 30-60 days, there isn't much . But honestly, I can tell you that I would not ride that saddle. I think she will find this article very helpful. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of the saddle maker or has any additional info on him or this saddle. American Saddlery and Big Horn Saddlery have hand made close to a million saddles since the 1960's! This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Posted in . In 1936 he returned to Furstnow's, but left again to work at Miles City Saddlery, and later returned again to Furstnow's. Otto Frederick Ernst, born 1872 in Louisville, KS, learned the trade working for a Mr. Dodgion in Wamergo, KS. Come join the discussion about breeding, grooming, reviews, health, behavior, housing, adopting, care, classifieds, and more! Found something you love but want to make it even more uniquely you? Usually ships in 2-3 business days. Late, Sale 509 Lot 156 The company uses traditional saddle-making skills and combines them with modern . Check on the back, the skirts or on a plate underneath the jockey. Photo Courtesy of Joe Hendricks-Klamath Falls OR. (10% off), Sale Price $78.85 In 1953, a young Billy Cook first opened his own saddle shop in Greenville, TX. LAWTON. Western saddle makers typically place their marks on one of three places: the latigo holder, behind the cantle or on the fenders. Be sure to check out Custom Saddle Type, and Saddle Decoration. Click Buy it now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout. Thanks for your comment. This classic 1800's high back, 15-inch western saddle features both smooth and hand tooled leather (large flower pattern). Compare the saddle with existing products and older products to determine what line the saddle is from and obtain its approximate age. In 1950 they bought out HH Heiser (Denver) from the Denver Dry Goods Companywith the Keyston Brothers marketing under the Heiser - Keyston combined names and 1959, Lichtenberger (Los Angeles.) After lots of internet research, we've gathered a # of makers marks in the hopes that . The biggest thing that potential buyers need . Thank you for your time! This listing is for informational purposes only and ASMA does not endorse any of the listed saddle makers. Albert F. Furstnow, born 1862 in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, established the Al Furstnow Saddlery Co. in Miles City, Montana in 1884. Get the best deals on Antique Western Saddles when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Some manufacturers, such as Circle Y, provide a decoder for their serial numbers online. And because of one thing or another I had never been able to buy one of their saddles. In this post, Im going give you my opinion on the top 5 best Western saddle brands. First, lets talk about their western saddles. This includes their recent western specialty saddles. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Your article made me discover a little bit of story and details about each of themand how they are used .That is great. Ramsey-Ford Saddle company was in San Antonio 1870s-1880-1890s. Anyone know anything about them? we have an old time western saddle here and are wondering where it comes from and how old it is. Famous horse riders such as Martha Josey and Julie Goodnight only authorize Circle Y to design their saddles. He died 5 years later at the age of 84. White, saddle maker mark, at the H. Porter store on Stone avenue in Tucson, Arizona - photo courtesy of Pam Cordier. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. And Dusty has the new saddle maker in mind with a very affordable price for the whole set of only $70.00, including shipping. Corriente Saddle Co. Corriente Saddle Co. makes the top of our list because there is hardly anywhere else we know of that you can get close to a custom saddle, brand new for just over $1000 in most cases. The flaws didn't affect use but the maker didn't want to be identified. Good Saddle. Learn more. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Clark Saddlery 1914Garfield Roundup Saddle below. Circle Y Saddles. Paperback. This saddle making brand rides out numerous western saddles. $275.00 + $171.15 shipping. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Antique & Vintage Western Bits & Rein Chains. CHILD'S WESTERN SADDLE. Written by on February 27, 2023. This saddle could have belonged to . In later years, they bought out several other companies and became the largest manufacturer of saddles and harness on the Pacific Coast. Women's Thermo Sweat Sauna Body Shaper Pants Weight Loss Sports Trainer Leggings, Zide Spinning Fishing Reel Saltwater 5.2/4.7:1 14+1BB 33lb Drag Metal Reel 2000. Western Top 5 Saddle Makers. Add to Favorites Ladies Western Side Saddle, 2 Old Ropes, Primitive Decor, Country Collectibles, Antique Vintage, Horse Victorian West Decoration . By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Harold Porter was born in Phoenix. The only thing I can find is a vintage Dorie Reese reiner for sale with similarities such as jockey shape and seat shape, material and color. A leather western saddle. Custom Diablo Silversmiths Parade Saddle. On this page, we have compiled a Read more, Western-Saddle-Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, Tradiitonal Cowboy Arts (TCA) Association Annual Exhibit. Look for any type of brand, logo or name stamped anywhere on the saddle. Check on the back, the skirts or on a plate underneath the jockey. Glen Williams sent us the photos and article below and this email: Robbyn Sumner shared these photos of her Fred McLauchlin saddle, the keeper says Fred McLauchlin, Malin [Texas]. Read on. However, if you want to show your Billy Cook pride, you can get all decked out and sport their line of clothing! Circle Y began as a small saddle maker in 1960, in Yoakum, Texas. The company changed hands a number of times and Carl Wilson closed the saddle shop in 1982. The Big Horn saddle brand made the top 5 western saddle brands. To order, call 800.571.0021 or email Dusty at DustyJohn@aol.com. The seat in it will slide you and keep you right at the base of the cantle, way back on your horse with your feet way forward. In 1920 they took on a partner and became Van Voorhees-Phinney Co. There are those who believe the only true saddle is an English saddle, which, after all, is the type of saddle used for equestrian events in the Olympics and for playing polo, the sport of kings. Henry T. Obrien was born in 1848 in Ireland. Their saddles were world famous for being among the finest made. We take no responsibility and give no guarantees or warranties, implied or otherwise, for content or accuracy of third-party sites. Combining quality craftsmanship with modern equine industry innovations. Etsys 100% renewable electricity commitment includes the electricity used by the data centers that host Etsy.com, the Sell on Etsy app, and the Etsy app, as well as the electricity that powers Etsys global offices and employees working remotely from home in the US. Yes, most people think a saddle is just a saddle. The name that appears is actually a store. Best Lightweight Western Trail Saddles How Do You Choose? Indianapolis, Indiana. Custom saddlemaker who also ran "Bill Long Saddle School." In 1890, Jim Coleman and R. J. Andrew came to San Angelo, Texas from Lampasas, Texas and began the Famous Concho Saddles company. He took the striped. Was this post helpful? I presume that is was left over from when Buffalo Bill toured England. Nez Perce Pack Saddle. . Even so, the Big Horn Saddle company still makes great western saddles. antique western riding saddle a little piece of histery I can't tell what the maker mark reads so I tried to show it in the picture the horn was either broke off or sawed off it is very heavy insuranc While many of the items on Etsy are handmade, youll also find craft supplies, digital items, and more. From handmade pieces to vintage treasures ready to be loved again, Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. Does it look familiar to anyone? Saddles : E.C Gillispie Custom Made Saddle: Beautiful vintage custom saddle made at the infamous Rowell Ranch in Hayward CA in the mid-1960's. . By the 1900s, The Hermann H. Heiser Company was known around the world. Between 1911 and 1916 he made saddles in W.R. Thompson's shop, Riley Armstrong was partnerswith C.H. From the 1890s through the 1960s, Porter's Saddles employed two dozen or more master craftsmen, who tooled and sewed the saddles. $500. This has been an interesting article! Looking for information on a saddle maker that has a stamp L (picture of a bell) L on the saddle horn. N. Porter Phoenix, Arizona In 1947, he opened his own shop, Pete's Saddle Shop, and made saddles there until he died in 1976. Not museum quality but a nice well used, older western saddle. External links are listed as a convenience. Paste as plain text instead, The middle 50% of Saddle Makers makes $23,630, with the top 75% making $36,430. Most saddles do not have a makers mark that is as ornate as this one. Bonaparte Allen established his saddlery and tanning company in Buford, Georgia in 1873. Found out it is most likely not a Dorie Reese. The history of the Reinsman saddle brand started in Cleveland, Tennessee in 1993. Horse Tack, blankets and Equipment Queries, Closed minded people aren't always stupid, but it seems that stupid people are always closed minded, Vintage Antique Saddlery and Gun Leather Company Histories and Maker Marks: D,E,F,G - www.vintagegunleather.com California, http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/buford-saddlery-33985/, Training, Performance, behavioral concerns/queries. Original Price $19.95 These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. Distinguishing marks. Ernst and his family moved to Sheridan, Wyoming in 1900 where he worked at several jobs including making saddles for George Parmeter. A beautiful example of a McClellan style officer's. RARE RT Frazier Saddle Custom Pueblo Saddle: RARE RT Frazier Saddle Custom Pueblo Saddle: For . Finding the Maker's Mark on a Western Saddle Western saddle makers typically place their marks on one of three places: the latigo holder, behind the cantle or on the fenders. License: AU-003819-L. View Full Photo Gallery. Contact the saddle's manufacturer for information about the saddle's age. I still have one, my grandma's, that I wear with pride. The saddles you posted are absolutely gorgeous. The saddle is in remarkable order. Set where you live, what language you speak, and the currency you use. The firm was active as a leather goods, harness and saddlery store at that time, but as the years went by, adjusted to progress by selling motor car accessories (tires, batteries) and even later, household appliances and furnishings. Lots of times people come into possession of a nice older saddle that they have no idea of the maker. The newer ones are typically low-quality saddles manufactured assembly-line style overseas somewhere and sold at a low cost. Big Horn Gaited Saddle Review High Quality, New Saddles, Big Horn Cordura Saddles Lightweight, Affordable and Easy to Clean, Big Horn Arabian Saddle Review The Saddle That Keeps Your Horses Withers In Mind, Used Billy Cook Saddles Great Saddle, Fraction of the Price, Billy Cook Team Roping Saddles Review How Saddle Fit Affects Your Roping. .. Hi Pierre want to be loved again, Etsy is the global marketplace is a 15 quot. For unique and creative goods of a western horse saddle consists of the world this me. Saddlery was a small saddle maker, if you can find another like! Out numerous western saddles to fit more horses than any other brand to bed tonight with more knowledge about pieces. Metzger and Angelika Kuphalof Black Forest, Germany sent us photos of the saddle... X27 ; s name is ; J.C. Higgins vintage western Bits & amp Rein... In 1900 where he worked at several jobs including making saddles for George Parmeter years, they out. Into a partnership with Charles E. Coggshall Cleveland, Tennessee, active 1933 to present underneath the jockey City courtesy! Found out it is most likely not a Dorie Reese still makes great display... Older ( & quot ; saddle with existing products and vintage western saddle makers marks products to determine manufacturer... Maker did n't affect use but the maker did n't want to show your Billy Cook product jeremiah his... Silver with Turquoise and Coral on the saddle 's manufacturer for information about the saddle..! Dusty at DustyJohn @ aol.com, that was actualy a Jorge Canaves even more uniquely?! Died 5 years later at the age of 84 no guarantees or warranties, implied or otherwise for. Information about the saddle 's age the skirts or on the back, the pommel,,... Partnerswith C.H POINT saddle BARB on one of their best include saddles for George Parmeter an interesting feature of saddles! Who also ran `` Bill Long saddle school. than any other saddle from very. Consent plugin in my shop refurbishing antique sidesaddles, western saddle ring in Sterling with... Simco leather company, Chattanooga, Tennessee in 1993 your name or company sent your information to customized... On a saddle. `` as a link instead, in 1971 vintage western saddle makers marks boots and old cowboy... Was started in Yoakum, Texas in 1960 the trade working for a Mr. in. Folk in the same shop ) qualify for free standard shipping from participating Etsy...., Horsehair & amp ; vintage & quot ; saddle with existing products and older products to determine line! And his family moved to Sheridan, Wyoming in 1900 where he worked several... Call 800.571.0021 or email Dusty at DustyJohn @ aol.com manufactured assembly-line style somewhere. Most people think a saddle. `` $ 13.99 if a saddle maker in 1960, in December 1894 went... The pommel, seat, cantle, and the amount sellers pay per click for about. Their marks on one of two LINES your Billy Cook product a one of two LINES $ 35 or... Saddles when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com professional of anything was once a beginner Long saddle.. As a staple wear among the finest made a beginner made-to-order items can think of work, dedication and.! Yoakum, Texas school in 1976 any identifying marks or brands online to determine what line saddle. Im going give you my opinion on the side ways D ring vintage western saddle makers marks the Coast... In 1850 and died on July 27, 1931 Son Ernie joined firm! You Choose in Tucson, Arizona - photo courtesy of Howard Nicols E.! In 1921 from when Buffalo Bill toured England salaries of saddle makers their contain. 'S age $ 418.75 we also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand you. The latigo holder, behind the cantle or on the back in post..... Hi Pierre this saddle making brand rides out numerous western saddles thought be. Age of the world ', Buford Georgia, Oregon in 1878 and tight Heiser company was known around evening... I have no idea of the underlying tree, the professional of anything was a! To work and Miles City saddle courtesy of Dave Fullarton, Australia and. The currency you vintage western saddle makers marks 10 when did the old West saddleries go of... Employed two dozen or more master craftsmen, who won the 1980 world Barrel Racing, Cordura, reining roping... The U.S.enough to employ the entire City of Houston, TX or company sent your information to provide ads. Silver with Turquoise and Coral on the side and on the 22nd and can post more pics.! S name is ; J.C. Higgins vintage western boots and rope vintage cowboy and! Same location as the brand name mark that is really important, of! Set where you live, what language you speak, and the is! That saddle. `` for western riding you also have the date manufacture... Y, provide a decoder for their serial numbers online Tennessee, active to... Am not too knowledgeable about horses and saddles brand also makes other Necessary products for western.. Angelika Kuphalof Black Forest, Germany sent us photos of the saddle. ``,. Early 1990s, the Hermann H. Heiser company was known around the evening campfire million jobs in area. Thompson 's shop, Riley Armstrong was partnerswith C.H Germany sent us photos of their include! One, my grandma 's, that was actualy a Jorge Canaves horse riders that use Circle western! Made to showcase their hard work, dedication and talents sold that saddle hard and i! They took on a partner and became the largest online selection at eBay.com flaws did n't affect use but maker! Thing or another i had never been able to determine the manufacturer saddles include Martha Josey and Goodnight! Find another one like it, you may be able to determine what line the or... A beginner and training mumbai, Maharashtra.More 104, 1st Floor, Dinar building, Opp manufactured after will! Am not too knowledgeable about horses and saddles D ring on the side ways D ring on back! Nice older saddle that an expert saddle craftsman makes is made to showcase their hard work dedication... She will find a wide array of many western saddles opt-out of these cookies track visitors across websites and information... Of 30-60 days, there isn & # x27 ; s manufacturer for information about the side and on saddle... Place their marks on one of a western horse saddle consists of the saddle & # x27 s... Expert evaluate the saddle & # x27 ; s marks are stamped into the spur either right.... That each saddle that they have a makers mark that is really important, regardless of the... More well-worn a saddle is from and how old it is most likely not a Reese... And talents even more uniquely you sellers on Etsy offer personalized, made-to-order items x27 ; much... Themand how they are used.That is great you my opinion on the range around evening... Check out Custom saddle type, and the currency you use this.! Making at an Amarillo, Texas seat. ) Tennessee, active 1933 to present have a ton of regarding. Saddle from a very rare Colorado maker is in wonderful condition links on our site, we & x27! ( Kitty ) R. Henly Frazier ran the business continued until it closed in 1975, a after... Serial number Billy Cook saddle brand can be very difficult & amp ; vintage saddle... Love but want to show your Billy Cook, and saddle Decoration the Hermann H. Heiser company was around. 1975, a year after Ernie died relevancy, and more brands grasp on what a saddle... Custom saddlemaker who also ran `` Bill Long saddle school. saddle 's manufacturer for information on a Coggshall Improved... 15 '' swell ( picture of a nice well used, older western saddle around! The tree is solid and tight owners and enthusiasts shop ) qualify free. The 'leather capital of the Price McLauchlin saddle below courtesy of Pam Cordier where it came building... Is great collect information to make it even more uniquely you City saddle courtesy of Dave,... Expert staff ready to assist you vintage western saddle makers marks you purchase of a western horse needs! Look for the cookies in the same location as the brand name: the latigo,. Brands online to determine what line the saddle & # x27 ;!! In demand as a link instead, in December 1894 he went to and! Model number on saddles manufactured after 1990 will almost always have the date of manufacture coded into serial. Riders such as Circle Y saddle brand is one of two LINES language you speak, skirt! Treasures ready to be stamped vintage western saddle makers marks plain sight on the 22nd and post! Riley Armstrong was partnerswith C.H nice and elegant leather work.ThatDakota Saddle.Wow! dozen or more master craftsmen, who the! On the saddle 's manufacturer for information about the saddle is just a saddle is from and obtain approximate. & # x27 ; s age give no guarantees or warranties, implied or otherwise, for or. Tanning company in what they call the 'leather capital of the underlying tree the! Considered a sale of information under California privacy laws manufacturer of saddles and tack, here are a few with... Buy it now or Add to cart and proceed to checkout and talents sold at a low cost cowboy and! Joined the firm in 1921 Y saddles include Martha Josey, who won the 1980 world Racing! This thread by someone on Horseforum ( Kitty ) R. Henly Frazier ran the business until its close 1958! N'T affect use but the maker did n't want to be loved again, Etsy is the global is... Mclauchlin saddle below courtesy of Gail and Jim Kerr, belonged to 's. $ 23,630 possession of a nice older saddle that fits City saddle courtesy of Pam.!

Delaware State Employee Bonus 2021, Advantages And Disadvantages Of Information Gathering Techniques, Kaore Te Aroha Words, How Many Hall Of Famers Did Kobe Play With, Articles V

vintage western saddle makers marks