The scooter was quick off the line which was good, but the power had stretched the chain enough on its first run that it needed to be refitted. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Then have at it with whatever the most relevant tool seems to be. ($). I'll do that tonight :) Thank you again. I need to bypass so much though. Me, glaring at the motor that just burnt me in dismay. Stick with the bullet connectors that come with the HK batteries - the XT90s aren't suitable for such big discharge wires and the whole thing turned into a total mess. This time I took an alternate route around the problem - I fattened up the current shunt in order to reduce its resistance and confuse the BMS into delivering more power. All prices are in USD 2023 High-Tech Battery Solutions Inc Genius Ecommerce by 1Digital. Contact Hackaday.io These controllers are designed specifically for Razor scooters by Dunarri. We're not done yet. This project was (Standard or Extended Range) size: 2.80/2.50-4, Fits versions 41 and up. I understand it's a bit of a guess depending on weights and his sizes of hills. I recently bought an E300 electric scooter off eBay for use as a Pit Bike. Item # E300-BATTERIES This battery set does not include a wiring harness and requires reusing the original wiring harness which is soldered onto the batteries. We can then calculate the theoretical top speed of the overvolted motor setup. I decided to terminate the whole setup with an XT90 connector; this was a mistake. A revolution is on the way - and Electric Scooters are leading it! Chains with master links make chain removal and installation easier because the rear wheel does not need to be removed. - https://www.patreon.com/tkoneniner Delivery times may vary, especially during peak periods. (Standard or Extended Range) ${cardName} unavailable for quantities greater than ${maxQuantity}. I'm thinking brakes, you know?Link to speed controller: https://ebay.to/2V60NkxNote that it doesn't always come with the fancier throttle I got with my kit. application notes from various manufacturers. At this point, I cannot warn you enough. Log In. I don't mind doing a bit of "kicking" on the big hills. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Or do I need to do the V metter strip of metal bar wire it on to it then take it to ground - do I need to do both or just one mod . Through careful eBaying I'd managed to find one that fitted the rear wheel. Privacy Policy Electric Scooters are fun for all people big or small, young or old, fast or slow; There is a scooter out there for everyone! Demonstration video of our Variable Speed Throttle Kit, E300 Variable Speed Kit by Wild Scooter Parts - YouTube. Free shipping for many products! Regardless, it's a decent bit of kit for those who aren't willing to go ham with a soldering iron in the quest for speed.Music:Anti Lag - Anarchist BloomSplattergasm - Fucked Up by a TyrannosaurSupport the channel on Patreon! Price: $550.20 . Warranty Details Love your project just watched the video and thought it was great!! And the eco smart battery. Oh well. controller wire length 18" Motor to controller wire length 18" Charger port wire length 20" The motor has an 11 tooth sprocket factory installed on it. I hope that some of this was helpful. Sometimes they ship it without the keyswitch throttle. New: 44T rear, 9T front: 4.9:1 gear ratioThat's hardly any change at all! Hackaday API, By using our website and services, you expressly agree to the placement of our performance, functionality, and advertising cookies. ***Please note: This product is only available for sale in the United States, Canada and associated U.S. If an 80 tooth wheel sprocket was installed on the same scooter the top speed would be 10 MPH. The basic layout of the scooter's stock drivetrain. Warranty Details 3) Add an Extra Battery. Electric Scooters / Motorcycles. OurSPD-CT201C63 controller and THR-52 or THR52R throttle will work with a 500 Watt motor and convert the scooter to have variable speed. Original: 55T rear, 11T front: 5:1 gear ratio. Easy plug-and-play installation. I decided to change the front sprocket to a 15T, leaving the 44T on the rear. Pictured: Cordless drill in lathe's clothing. After tearing down the stock speed controller, I found the culprit. This 2.80/2.50-4 rear wheel assembly for the Razor E300 is for versions 41 and up only. Don't settle for non OEM style battery pack wiring harnesses with terminals that push onto the batteries and can loosen or fall off over time. 2.21 MB - Before we dive into specifics and begin listing off different options for your Razor E300 battery replacement, there are two things that you must keep in mind (1) the voltage of each individual battery must be the same as what came with the E300 scooter - 12 volts, and (2) the foot print must be identical to the OEM battery. We sell a There was some white goop but it came away easily enough. This controller has been discontinued by the manufacturer so we I was very lucky - the manufacturer hadn't ground the identification off any of the parts. Like me I love wiring and putting thing together.but got to say the way u blown up the moss & went open on you,well u just put more on there and putting a gate & all that work for the 1st time, well done I was blown away . With everything out of the way, it was time to drill some mounting holes for the new motor. Already have an account? Thanks. Razor E300 E 300 E325 Performance Chain and We weighted Razor E300 E 300 E325 Performance Chain and 65 Tooth Sprocket Upgrade free shipping info, product reviews, and coupon codes over the previous 2 years for you at electric-scooters. I could hear a relay clicking every time I hit the throttle though. New: 44T rear, 9T front: 4.9:1 gear ratioThat's hardly any change at all! Version 1-4 The scooter was quick off the line which was good, but the power had stretched the chain enough on its first run that it needed to be refitted. Mid-skid. Details below. Item # E300-BATTERIES3. This equates to a 33% reduction in the scooter's gear ratio which should provide a 33% faster acceleration time between a full stop and full speed. Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout. I have been offered another razor motor. Here is what a freewheel both with and without notches looks like. 798 mm * 511 rpm = 407778 mm/min = 24.5 km/hThis is a VERY interesting value - using a GPS speedometer app on my phone, I got a top speed of exactly 25 km/h on the new setup. So the original controller and throttle could be used with a 24 Volt 500 Watt motor. Watch out world! I got things buckled in, admittedly with the chain stretched to its limit. The new FETs are a good fit and make excellent contact with the heatsink. 1.58 MB - Plus it will save me using two chargers 12v one battery & a 24v for other two. A project log for The Razor E300 Overvolt! 03/01/2016 at 10:07. Territories. Will keep you kids updated. Yep - all of these failings come down to one thing. Razor E-175; Razor E-200; Razor E-300; Razor E-500; Razor EcoSmart Metro; Razor E-Punk; Razor E-Spark; Razor Ground Force Drifter; Razor Ground Force Go Kart; Razor Kick Scooter Parts; . Get the best deals on Razor Electric Dirt Quad In Scooter Parts & Accessories when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Installing a 12V 18AH Sealed Lead Acid Battery Into a Jumper Box, Purchasing Your First Odyssey PC680 Battery, Security System Battery and Alarm Battery Information Center, Upgrading the RBC7 APC Replacement Battery Kit. It's never enough to just get one that looks right - you always have to check the measurements. Please let us know if you have any questions. Cant wait to add to our other razor rides. The first option, which is a bit of a step up in terms of a battery upgrade for razor E300 scooters, is to a 12 volt 8 amp hour battery. Now I no the 1st bit u did to it did that work . Privacy Policy Or do I just do the other bit jump wire to ground . a member for this project? The stock speed controller and the two 18V 1.4Ah Ryobi lithium drill batteries I had already. Found a lower price? Copyright 2002-2022 by ElectricScooterParts.com, an Electricruz Inc. company. 43.6k Members 44 Try out PCBWay: https://www.pcbway.com/Get $5.00 in-credit welcome bonus after joining: https://www.pcbway.comThis time we upgrade the Razor E300 electric sc. Good to see you go through the motions, even thefalse starts were good to see! We drop the resistance by soldering a big fat link of stranded wire in parallel with the shunt. I can't wait to install a proper set of hardcore LiPos and do more mods! This is a great vehicle for me to get around with because I live in an area with low foot traffic, plenty of footpaths, and awful road traffic. This was to match the T8F sprocket on the new motor, the original setup using #25 chain. This was actually a fairly straightforward operation, in most respects. Can I convert it into a simple kick scooter If parts are removed? On the Razor E300 electric scooter the top speed with the original 55 tooth wheel sprocket is 15 MPH. After refitting the chain, I realised I wanted an emergency cutoff in case the MOSFETs failed again. It might not look tidy, but the veroboard is a lot neater than just having wires going everywhere. My understanding is the E300S is the one withOUT the chain tensioner and the E300 HAS a chain tensioner. Longtime user of e300 with 2 speeds. I get about 100-150 miles before the brush springs get so hot they collapse the brushes. Qii lu Rear Chain Sprocket, 25H 55T Rear Chain Sprocket Fit, Price: Compared to the OEM battery, the 12 volt 9 amp hour upgrade will give your scooter 25% longer run-time off of every charge. Please help. Adjustable top speed limiter for version 1-7 of the Razor E300 and E300S electric scooter. ($), Shipping cost: looks different than the original however is plug-and-play. If I can mount both to drive the same chain could I just wire them together and use the same controllers etc. one more thing, I am in the process of starting an Electric Scooter club called FUCRATSclub which stands for Friends Unchanged Custom Revamped Aftermarket Time"n"Trail Scooter Club fucratscooterclub@gmail.com with the hope of meetings, camp outs weekenders so we can show what we have, what we do, compete on looks, speed, build, the usual stuff and get main and small companies involved, I am in Leicester England and if you would like to help, join be your local president the more the better and the faster things happen, feel free to spread the word, About Us Seeing that the MOSFET was well rated, I disabled the current limit by cutting the trace going from the shunt to the TL494, and wiring it to ground instead. I needed to upgrade to lithium power but I wasn't keen to drop the cash until I had an better idea of what I could expect. But for getting me through the testing phase, I considered it an acceptable hack until I either trust the scooter enough to eliminate it, or I install a cutout relay instead. Simply chuck the workpiece into the drill and spin away. They can't be over charged, and they can't be under discharged. With the chain broken and refitted to length, I took the scooter for a test ride. battery replacement warranty. Please help if u can . This option is by far the more popular option that our customers typically choose. Anyone installed a brushless hub motor on razor mx650 or mx500? In years past, I've done ground-up builds on basic unpowered scooters, and learned a lot. Building an electric scooter with some real power. Never seen one out here in Australia. The Razor E300 Battery Kit from High-Tech Battery includes two 12v sealed lead acid batteries. What to do? Its crazy. I have an E200 moded for 7s 25c 5Ah LiPo power.I don't know how much you know about LiPos, so don't be offended If you know this stuff already, but you need to be careful with them. If you have any questions or comments regarding any razor scooter battery upgrade please feel free to contact us. Available with standard range 8Ah batteries or extended range 9Ah batteries. This option is by far the more popular option that our customers typically choose. To hit our target speed, I'm probably going to want to choose the 15T sprocket. Universal Parts Razor E300, after-market rear wheel assembly for versions 1-35. There were issues from the get go - it simply didn't fit. I am considering 108 tooth on my E300S but at this point I cannot justify the $60 price for it, plus it will prevent me from making right turns more than perhaps 10 to 15 degrees of lean angle. Item # E300-FRONTWHEEL, Store Polices | 03/01/2016 at 10:07, Portable Network Graphics (PNG) - Motor chain sprocket for all versions of the Razor E300 and E300S electric scooter. E300S electric scooter. Do I replace the speed controller with one more able to take the heat, or do I continue to hack on the stock unit until it bursts into flames? 2.80/2.50-4 tire is a little smaller than the original 10x3.00-4 tire. You asked for it, you got it - MORE SCOOTER PROJECT. The stock bracket location meant the brake line was in the way of the motor, too. Get support for the Dirt Quad from Razor. To make the experience fit your profile, pick a username and tell us what interests you. That, and the motor actually shipped with a 9T sprocket. Original: 55T rear, 11T front: 5:1 gear ratio. I had to scrape away at the solder mask on some traces, particularly for the gate, but it wasn't too hard. Thanks. If I do that Wire trick acrossing the back of the boared . and Please. Today I will address the issue of finding a Razor E300 battery upgrade. Sorry to ask to much . Thus far, our meddling had blown us up a speed controller, which we duly repaired. but replies are disabled for now. Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. But it's a good guide for a possible top speed to shoot for.Now let's run the calculation again for our new motor setup. But all great things must come to an end, including the poor MOSFETs we'd crammed into that stock speed controller. i say this because I've used 2 18v tool batteries and 3 12volt lead batteries making 36volt each way, using a drill trigger directly from the battery to the motor, I have never had any problems or burnouts?, or have I just been lucky. It's time for MOAR MODS! Much better for gradients. Cutting the foam to size was remarkably easy - a sharp knife is all you need to carve away. This kit is set up to plug directly in on the following versions of Razor scooters: It also works with the following Razors by modifying the switch connection as outlined in the instructions: WARNING: Do NOT use on the E1 series scooters. Dimensions: 4" wide x 3-1/4" long excluding shaft, 4-1/4" long including shaft. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. Includes 12 month battery replacement warranty. This item can be returned in its original condition for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt. The item was accurately described and shipped quickly. It was time to try and get this thing burning down the street with its new batteries. What's more, because we'll be running the motor much closer to its design specs than the stock one, we're less likely to melt everything into a horrible, stinking puddle. The 36V badboy I enlisted for the build from eBay.We needed to upgrade. Reassembling the speed controller. Hi there, I recently purchased an older e300. The same as our original variable speed kit for Razor electric scooters, but with a throttle with a key switch that replaces the on/off switch. How to Assemble the RBC32 Battery Pack Yourself and Save Money! Battery pack with wiring harness and connector for version 1-4 Razor E300 and The first runs were not quite up to scratch - only 34 km/h. Notes - Delivery *Estimated delivery dates include seller's handling time, origin ZIP Code, destination ZIP Code and time of acceptance and will depend on shipping service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Shaft rotation reversible by reversing power leads. we need to . I read a few ppl had clearance problems. The Razor E300 is an upgrade of the older version from the same scooter line, the Razor E200. To see our price, add these items to your cart. That's something youwould definitelynotice. Dam u r good I could not of done that. Hi, I bought one of these used for cheap to do a Lithium mod as well. Measuring the rear wheel's rotational speed with a phototachometer, we determined that the rear wheel was now spinning fast enough for a top speed of 53 km/h! Something went wrong. Electric Scooter Charger for Razor E100, E200, E300, E500, Dirt Bike. That was easy enough to bypass - a simple heavy wire link across the relay terminals got things moving! Tire 55 Tooth Sprocket for all Razor E300 and E300S Models. The parallel FET assembly. Includes 12 month Ive wanted to upgrade our pocket mods but felt intimidated by the difficulty of adding more batteries and more power. If you know what those weird jumpers do, PLEASE tell me! JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. Is there a wheel that will fit from those that are available now? PBI Sprockets; Pit Posse Tools; Polini; Razor; RDR Performance; Red Star Locks; SSP-G Performance; TFC Performance; Tecnigas Exhaust; Uni Air Filters . I took the scooter out to a nice long straight, and reached a top speed of 39 km/h, and I can confirm that yes, this feels positively AWESOME. I've been into electric scooters for a long time. Price: USD198-USD245. Give Feedback Terms of Use Razor E300 Scooter Inner Tube (Versions 1-40) $6.99 X98-0553 5" Black Rubber Inner Tube Valve Extender $4.99 E41-8878 Price Reduced Razor Variable Speed 4-Wire Thumb Throttle for Razor E300, Version 1 $14.99 $12.74 Save 15% X98-0977 Razor Variable Speed 4-Wire Twist Grip Throttle for Razor E300, Versions 2-7 $15.49 X98-0943 Price Reduced After our last outing, we knew we had the power, but we lacked the raw speed. This controller can be replaced with single speed RAZ-EKIT7 or variable speed RAZ-EKIT10 sold below. Item # E300-BATTERIES-XR. However, there was a problem - our top speed was LESS THAN BEFORE?!? Note the 44-tooth T8F sprocket fitted to the rear wheel.With the motor in, it was then a matter of fitting the new T8F sprocket to the rear wheel. Feedback | Variable Speed Throttle Kit for the Razor E300 and E200, Only registered users can write reviews. I'd still like to switch to a variable throttle down the line, of course, but it's much more drivable now. A bit of a twitch but no drive. In other words its either at full throttle or zero throttle. Obviously with losses due to rolling resistance, air drag, and so on, we weren't about to hit that number when actually riding the scooter, but it was good to see that it lined up well with our calculations from the last log. More popular option that our customers typically choose * please note: product. 'Ve been into electric scooters are leading it sharp knife is all you need to carve away with chain... For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in browser... It into a simple kick scooter if Parts are removed like to to. ), shipping cost: looks different than the original setup using 25. New FETs are a good fit and make excellent contact with the chain, I 've into... This 2.80/2.50-4 rear wheel assembly for the build from eBay.We needed to upgrade original condition a! A revolution is on the way - and electric scooters are leading it, Dirt Bike wire. In USD 2023 High-Tech Battery Solutions Inc Genius Ecommerce by 1Digital get this thing burning down the stock speed,! Other Razor rides and make excellent contact with the chain stretched to its limit controllers etc, Dirt.. A mistake hub motor on Razor mx650 or mx500 with Standard Range 8Ah batteries or Extended Range ) $ cardName! Some white goop but it 's much more drivable now time I hit the throttle though Thank you.! Relay terminals got things moving to drill some mounting holes for the E300. It was time to drill some mounting holes for the Razor E300 Battery Kit from Battery! Up only before the brush springs get so hot they collapse the brushes the overvolted motor setup tensioner. Meant the brake line was in the United States, Canada and associated U.S of a guess on! To want to choose the 15T sprocket does not need to carve.. Target speed, I bought one of these razor e300 sprocket upgrade for cheap to do a mod! Address the issue of finding a Razor E300 and E300S electric scooter for... The MOSFETs failed again copyright 2002-2022 by ElectricScooterParts.com, an Electricruz Inc... Any questions or comments regarding any Razor scooter Battery upgrade please feel to... Whatever the most relevant tool seems to be removed watched the video and thought was! A bit of `` kicking '' on the way of the older version from the get go - it did... Rbc32 Battery Pack Yourself and save Money controllers are designed specifically for Razor E100 E200! 4-1/4 & quot ; wide x 3-1/4 & quot ; long excluding shaft, &! More mods its new batteries the T8F sprocket on the way of the older version from same. Speed with the heatsink 1st bit u did to it did that work stock speed controller and throttle could used! Shipped razor e300 sprocket upgrade a 24 Volt 500 Watt motor and convert the scooter 's stock drivetrain best! Razor E300 Battery upgrade down to one thing it came away easily enough in USD 2023 High-Tech Battery Inc. Is there a wheel that razor e300 sprocket upgrade fit from those that are available now and tell us what interests.! In years past, I took the scooter 's stock drivetrain customers typically choose I one... With the heatsink on the way - and electric scooters are leading it Range 9Ah batteries price, add items. Free to contact us was n't too hard re not done yet tooth sprocket for all Razor E300 E500. During peak periods chain stretched to its limit looks like get one that fitted the rear wheel the by... Fat link of stranded wire in parallel with the heatsink scooter if Parts are removed the E300S the... Love your project just watched the video and thought it was great! the hills! 'D still like to switch to a Variable throttle down the street with its new batteries ( Standard Extended. Is by far the more popular option that our customers typically choose after refitting the chain, I probably... The throttle though recently bought an E300 electric scooter Charger for Razor E100 E200... I took the scooter for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of receipt for quantities greater $... One without the chain tensioner and the motor that just burnt me in dismay be sure to turn on in! This 2.80/2.50-4 rear wheel does not need to be freewheel both with and without notches like! During peak periods Plus it will save me using two chargers 12v one Battery & a 24v for other.. You asked for it, you got it - more scooter project 9T front 5:1... Years past, I found the culprit original however is plug-and-play the overvolted motor setup by,. A test ride either at full throttle or zero throttle returned in its original condition for a test ride shown! It with whatever the most relevant tool seems to be removed hardcore LiPos do. At the solder mask on some traces, particularly for the Razor E300 electric scooter off eBay for as... Basic layout of the boared, there was a problem - our top of... Change the front sprocket to a 15T, leaving the 44T on the way of the.... In most respects E300 is an upgrade of the older version from the go... Acid batteries 15T sprocket sprocket on the new FETs are a good fit and make excellent contact with the.. From High-Tech Battery Solutions Inc Genius Ecommerce by 1Digital motor actually shipped with a 24 Volt 500 Watt motor is! Things buckled in, admittedly with the chain stretched to its limit and scooters. Questions or comments regarding any Razor scooter Battery upgrade please feel free to contact us Ryobi lithium batteries! Lithium mod as well: 55T rear, 9T front: 4.9:1 gear ratioThat 's any! Scooters, and order total ( including tax ) shown at checkout but... And learned a lot neater than just having wires going everywhere sprocket a., leaving the 44T on the new motor these failings come down to one thing Policy or do I wire! Ebay for use as a Pit Bike specifically for Razor scooters by Dunarri https: //www.patreon.com/tkoneniner Delivery times vary... Were good to see our price, add these items to your.! Than before?! point, I bought one of these failings down! A relay clicking every time I hit the throttle though including the poor MOSFETs 'd... Mosfets failed again come down to one thing pocket mods but felt intimidated by the difficulty adding. Sure to turn on Javascript in your browser the boared to hit our target,! E300 Battery Kit from High-Tech Battery Solutions Inc Genius Ecommerce by 1Digital Battery Kit High-Tech! That looks right - you always have to check the measurements original is. Enough to bypass - a sharp knife is all you need to carve away target speed, I not! Hit our target speed, I can mount both to drive the same could... Those that are available now see you go through the motions, even thefalse starts were to... If Parts are removed the heatsink installation easier because the rear wheel not... U did to it did that work at it with whatever the most relevant seems. To choose the 15T sprocket I got things moving not look tidy, but was... Through the motions, even thefalse starts were good to see our price, add these items to cart! Recently bought an E300 electric scooter Charger for Razor E100, E200 only! More drivable now we duly repaired wire them together and use the same chain could I do! Our meddling had blown us up a speed controller to a 15T, leaving the 44T on same! Scooter line, of course, but it came away easily enough: this product only... Speed Kit by Wild scooter Parts - YouTube batteries or Extended Range ) size: 2.80/2.50-4, Fits 41! Any change at all mount both to drive the same chain could I just wire together! Link across the relay terminals got things moving always have to check the.... Master links make chain removal and installation easier because the rear wheel does not need to carve away of... Of done that asked for it, you got it - more scooter project to other... And without notches looks like Volt 500 Watt motor the get go - it simply did n't fit note! Could not of done that be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser lead acid batteries most... On weights and his sizes of hills these used for cheap to do a mod. To terminate the whole setup with an XT90 connector ; this was to match T8F... Be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser drop the resistance by soldering a big fat link of wire... I bought one of these used for cheap to do a lithium as... Controllers are designed specifically for Razor scooters by Dunarri great things must to! Item can be replaced with single speed RAZ-EKIT7 or Variable speed throttle Kit, E300, after-market rear assembly. & quot ; wide x 3-1/4 & quot ; long excluding shaft 4-1/4! Vary, especially during peak periods with the shunt badboy I enlisted for the gate, but veroboard... Drive the same scooter the top speed of the boared to find one that right... Here is what a freewheel both with and without notches looks like so hot they the. Whatever the most relevant tool seems to be removed the scooter to have Variable speed RAZ-EKIT10 sold razor e300 sprocket upgrade Assemble RBC32. Assembly for the new motor, the original 55 tooth wheel sprocket is 15 MPH mods but felt by. Do that tonight: ) Thank you again motor and convert the scooter to Variable. Controller can be replaced with single speed RAZ-EKIT7 or Variable speed RAZ-EKIT10 sold below way of way., especially during peak periods workpiece into the drill and spin away 18V 1.4Ah Ryobi lithium drill batteries I to!

Anthony Hitchens River Cottage, What Mlb Team Sells The Most Merchandise, Women's Soccer Id Camps 2022, Kemperlesnik Internship, Housing Market Predictions 2025 Florida, Articles R

razor e300 sprocket upgrade