When Bo, an 11-year-old champion Black and Tan Coonhound, was laid to rest in October at the Underwood Memorial Coon Dog Cemetery in Tuscumbia, Ala., the Associated Press reported that nearly 400 mourners attended his funeral. February 2023 - Views 195 $200 (Negotiable) Description Location Map Share Favourite Report Description Price : $200 (Negotiable) Type : Adoption Date : 11. One of the major contributing factors is weight. Treeing Walker Coonhound Early records of the Beagle breed can be traced back to Ancient Greece. The first year of a dogs life they mature quite fast and then aging slows down depending on the breed and heredity of the dog. Thomas Walker imported English Coonhounds into Virginia in 1742. If you are looking for an easy going dog and a relatively worry-free pet experience, the Treeing Walker Coonhounds constant need for attention is probably not for you. I forgot how powerful their sense of smell is and how much they like to chase down a scent. 4. I adopted a TWC from PetSmart, through a rescue group in GA 10 years ago. Breed Overview GROUP: Hound When the puppies are 3-6 months old, reduce their meals to three/24-hr. Natural Joint Care For Dogs Can We Get Rid Of Pharmaceuticals? And very strong and healthy. The name was later changed to Treeing Walker Coonhound, and it was fully recognized as a separate breed in 1945. My Blazer is 16 and now has an ulcerated tumor on his tummy. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thank you for the comment. In a sense, they can be a bit needy. The American Foxhound is one of the two breeds of foxhound (American and English) that were mainly bred to hunt foxes by scent. This often serves as a precursor to full recognition as a pure breed. Rabbits, rodents, and cats can also grab the Treeing Walker Coonhounds attention and excite that natural instinct to chase and catch. This is a Male Bluetick Coonhound, Treeing Walker Coonhound Adoption in Pinedale WY posted on Oodle Classifieds. The ears may be prone to infection because of their size, and there is a chance of hip dysplasia. They are always so eager to please and make such wonderful companions. She shakes like crazy, pants, and sometimes drools during her worst episodes. Trying to decide whether or not to undergo surgery. Mitch, a 12-year-old treeing walker coonhound, was adopted after his new mom Teresa Shular saw a video the Cashiers-Highland Humane Society posted to their TikTok sharing Mitch's story. Creating a routine of daily exercise can help to make your dog happy, healthy, and relaxed for the entire family to enjoy. Hello Dena, This hound dog generally makes a loving and loyal companion, and, when it gets enough daily physical activity, it can be quite mellow in the house. Thans again. We are devastated beyond belief and will miss her forever. Treeing Walker Coonhounds are strong-willed and independent. She was very easy to train for tracking . I asked what happens if she does not? These behaviors are never something that we want from our pets, but its important to know that trade-offs come with any breed. Shes very vocal and sooo good with children and other dogs. Coonhounds also tree their quarry, keeping the animal up in the branches with loud bays. In piebald/parti/random white spotting, the extent of white pattern expression varies, and markings are often asymmetrical. Amrn Arln Traveling Pets Are You Ready To Book Your Flight? Hi Glenys, thanks for leaving a comment and you have a really great question. They are fast learners and can pick up bad habits just as easily as good ones. Changing these behaviors for your dog can also help benefit your own health and happiness. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I hate that your fur baby has passed. Disciplined and intelligent hunting companions. Its not just going to happen, though, and youll want to work every day to ensure peaceful downtime for you and your family. I love to visit your website and learn all about your fur babies, I have a fur baby of my own and I know how we want them to live a happy and long life as possible. Thanks for sharing your research on their life expectancy. Adopt Bucky a Treeing Walker Coonhound Pittsford, VT Breed Treeing Walker Coonhound Age N/A Color N/A Gender Male 18-Month-Old. He had lung cancer and a tumor broke off , traveled to his brain and caused a stroke. The great sires of the Treeing Walker breed have sired from 1,800 pups to 5,000 pups, and the influential dams have whelped litters with a 60 percent success rates in achieving hunting titles. Some people find their exuberance a little off-putting when they just want to sit and relax. Breed Group % PassingSporting: 85.48%Pit Bull: 84.50%Herding: 80.14%Hound: 77.01%Source: http://www.fairdog.dk/elements/documents/research/canine-behavior.pdf. To some reading this, it may look like a calm and fun family dog who can play for hours with the kids and sit on the couch while you watch a movie. As they age, you should be integrating commands into everyday life. As mentioned in the previous section, Treeing Walker Coonhounds are dogs desperately in need of training. It really is important to help them live healthy and happy lives as they are only with us a short time and to them we are all they know. We have seen throughout the years that many times a smaller size breed will live longer where you larger breeds seem to age faster. You are the leader of this pack and he or she is not. She goes at the end of the month for her spay. Molly the Treeing Walker Coonhound at 4 years old. The next day in the morning she was breathing normal, but did not eat or drink again. A Treeing Walker Coonhound puppy is likely to cost between $300 and $1,500 with the average price being $650. The Treeing Walker Coonhound is a strong dog with a muscular . ', Illinois Rescue Searching for a Home for 'Sweet' Senior Rescue Dog Who Adores Getting Tucked in, First Responders Adopt Dogs They Rescued from Plane Crash in Wisconsin: 'Fell Out of the Sky'. I know I did the right think, and as the drs told me I did it at the right time. She's still a baby and needs a home where someone is around during . It is hard when they are taken from us suddenly, I know even when you think you are ready to let them go, it is still difficult. But, Coonhound originated from foxhounds which were famous due to their hunting skills. I needed that reassurance . They put a total of 25,726 dogs from different breed categories through several assessments not involving their owners. I had no knowledge about TWC, I adopted her because while looking at other dogs, I had seen pictures of Daisy. The Treeing Walker Coonhound will wander around sniffing and searching. There are some basic rules that youll want to follow no matter what you want from your Treeing Walker Coonhound. What Is A Treeing Walker Coonhound Click to find out here. The Treeing Walker was originally bred to track raccoons that's where the name "Coonhound" comes fromand chase them up into trees. Rescue Has Birthday Party for Dog in Shelter Over 2 Years in Hopes of Gifting Pet a Home, Elf the Elderly California Shelter Dog Finds His Forever Home: 'A Unique, Funny and Super Sweet Soul', Ind. Photo: Petful AKC Group Hound Weight 50-70 lbs. The Humane Society rescued her from the south. Usually, owners can take a puppy home when they reach at least 8 weeks old. She assists on all verticals but has particular interest in entertainment and lifestyle. Hi Laurie, thanks for leaving a comment and I am so sorry about the one you lost it must have been devastating. I thought about it and prayed about it for a few days.". This information gathered from my research would lead us to believe that the Treeing Walker Coonhound, if human, would live to the ripe old age of 84-91. Again, you will also want to set aside at least one hour a day (two is recommended) to give your Treeing Walker Coonhound vigorous exercise. When owning a Treeing Walker Coonhound, it is very important that you are able to take them out for a few hours every day to burn off the high levels of energy that come hand in hand with their breed. 10. Understand the breed characteristics. Without them, these dogs can become stubborn and destructive. Coonhound puppies between 8-12 weeks old should be fed 4 meals within any 24-hr. I sat with her and promised her I would not make her suffer. DOG TRAINING FROM HOME WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT? It really is sad when we have to face that our fur babies are getting older and we know as they age there will be someday we will lose them. Developed in the United States from crosses between the Bloodhound and the Black and Tan Virginia Foxhound, this scent hound runs its game entirely by scent and is used primarily for raccoon hunting . I am so glad you have all the memories to look back on, I am sure you will cherish these throughout your life. I had her taken off Prendizone steroids within a year by an Integrative Vet, replacing drugs with acupuncture. I dont know why, but I pray her eternity is with other pets and I would love it, if in fact our dogs do reunite with us one day. All the employees and volunteers were clapping and cheering her on, they were so glad she got a forever home but at the same time they would miss her. In the three years, we have had her and despite her older age, she has had no problems at all. How Can You Decide? A medium- to large-sized breed, the Treeing Walker Coonhound weights between 50 and 70 pounds. Very few health issues. The AKC (American Kennel Club) classifies them as sporting dogs, and the UKC (United Kennel Club) gives them a gun dog classification. They will require basic obedience training for a while before they can really be susceptible to hunting training. Thanks for leaving a comment, I am so glad you enjoy my site. They are very sweet and even-tempered when theyre not being cooped up for too long. The Treeing Walker is one of the greatest coonhound breeds created. These creatures are extremely fun-loving and energetic. This hunting dog breed possesses a cold nose, meaning they can pick up old scents from animals days before. In 4 days her pancreas shrunk half its inflammation. Mitch, an 11-year-old treeing walker coonhound, arrived at the Cashiers-Highlands Animal . Checking with the breeder to find out what problems that you might face down the road gives you a chance to possibly catch issues early and either combat them or slow the process. Once he or she steps onto the hunting field, after a lot of training in this element, he or she automatically knows what to do. They will respond negatively to any attempts to yell or discipline bad behavior by force. How Much a 12-week-old Treeing Walker Coonhound Should Weigh It really does not get any easier each time we send one across the rainbow bridge, each and every time they take a piece of my heart with them. These dogs have a high prey drive and will serve farmers and hunters well. Links For All Natural Living For Dogs More Coming Soon, COVID 19 and Dogs How To Keep Them Safe During The Pandemic, Coronavirus In Dogs Answers Dog Parents Need To Know. In most all the statistics I have found regarding Treeing Walker Coonhounds, they are not known for many specific illnesses we find with thr brd. After seven years of waiting, a North Carolina shelter's longest resident is finally getting a new home. Tri-Color. Many of the symptoms to watch for include dry itchy skin, ear issues, soft stools, low immune system and runny eyes and nose. TWC are so special super intelligent, goofy, loving and beautiful. This classic tricolor hound has a racy build, a short, clear bark, and a strong desire to hunt . The nurse who knew us well said, Im glad you said it first, because unlike a month ago and for the past decade or so, everytime you two were together and I saw you, I could feel such strong positive energy between both of you, an incredible connection and bond. The Treeing Walker Coonhound can stand between just 20 and 27 inches at the shoulder, with only about a two-inch height difference between males and females. Something that is a huge plus to this even-tempered pooch is that they are not aggressive towards strangers or other dogs. Its important that your Treeing Walker Coonhound knows that theyre not running this show. Bt Hund Lf xtn How Long Will Your Basset Hound Live? Very loving, when shes not hunting for squirrels and bunnys in the yard. . What About Essential Oils For Dogs Good Or Bad? On the other hand, they are also dogs that are smart and determined enough to learn well. The average weight of a 12-week-old Treeing Walker Coonhound is 17.4 lbs (7.9 kg). Her Senior years, and with me retiring in 2016, we connected and got even closer. Treeing Walker Coonhound. American Kennel Club. My husband and I have had dogs our entire married life. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Mitch, a 12-year-old treeing walker coonhound, was adopted after his new mom Teresa . Try many different things with your Treeing Walker Coonhound to help them understand commands and stay excited about training. I think her size alone scares them. Their agreeable temperament is said to derive from the setting spaniel, and all other hunting instincts, strength, and abilities come from the hodgepodge of hunting dog breeds intermixed. Key Characteristics of Treeing Walker Coonhounds She attends Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. They did reference checks and I took Daisy home. September 28, 2022. Recently We rescued our Walker and the vet thought she was about 4 years old. What many people do not understand about the Treeing Walker Coonhound is the interaction that is required with humans to make him a healthy, happy and well-adjusted hound. They are curious and can get easily distracted because of their instinct to listen for and sniff out prey. Oldtown, MD. Atopic Dermatitis In Dogs Is You Dog Scratching? The Black and Tan Coonhound is a breed of hunting dog. Their gait is smooth, effortless, and ground-covering, with good reach and drive. Frontier Airlines Pet Policy Are They Big Dog Friendly? This comes with working with them constantly and rewarding good behavior. Best known for its excellent wild raccoon hunting skills, the Treeing Walker Coonhound is a fast and active breed. First-year expenses are around $3,550 and will be about $1,620/year (or $135/month) after that. I put her on a bland diet and she got fluid treatments so she would not dehydrate. Thanks again for the comment and for visiting my site. It was so funny, when we adopted her and we were walking out the door of the Humane Society with her, she yanked the leash and walked back inside, and gave the biggest loudest bark. I dont know about you, but I see a dog and my first reaction is to hug them. So that is actually closer to 1 month = 1 year. Delta Airlines Pet Policy Will Your Pet Arrive Safely? The short and glossy coat comes in a tri-colored or bi-colored coat of white, black and tan that may include spots. She also is deathly afraid of thunder, rain, and fireworks. Find Treeing Walker Coonhound dogs and puppies from North Carolina breeders. I am so glad I was able to give you the reassurance that you needed at the time of losing your fur baby there are always questions and what-ifs. The credit for the development of the Walker Foxhound goes to two men - George Washington Maupin and John W. Walker. Its easy to ensure that your Treeing Walker Coonhound has that bubbly social personality by socializing them during their puppy years. The ancestry origins of Tennessee Lead are unknown although it is clear that the exceptional speed of the Treeing Walker Coonhound came from this legendary dog. Description [ edit] Black and Tan Coonhound Black and Tan Coonhound The following is a list of the Treeing Walker Coonhounds characteristics that have derived from its hunting background: Once trained properly, the Treeing Walker Coonhound is a disciplined and intelligent hunting companion. His (or her) job has always been to locate potential prey (mostly birds and hares) and point the hunter to them. This is something that is learned through consistency and patience. Height 22-27 in. Primarily, the breed is used for hunting raccoons, but it isn't unknown for them to see use in hunting bobcats, cougars, and even bears. Wide open fields are an ideal setting for your Treeing Walker Coonhounds to run around, follow scents, and play no matter if youre a hunter or not. They make good house-pets but are work-oriented and require something to keep them busy if they are not going out on hunts. My heart aches with pain in the loss of my best friend; but I knew I could not be selfish to extend his life through much more. Treeing Walker Coonhounds have an average weight of between 50 to 70 pounds and an average height of between 22 to 27 inches. This is a question I have spent quite some time thinking about as it would be very difficult to find some place for all of my dogs; however, to answer this I have had many conversations with family members and they have agreed to take them and care for them in the case of our death. I hope the pain others feel too, like me subsides one day. Just know that sometimes on a rare occasion, m hrdtr hlth problems may ur in the brd, despite everything they do to combat the issue. A Reike nurse he we would see on occasion was in the office, and I said my wife says Daisy is in hospice and dieing. There are a number of coonhound breeds, the most popular being the Black and Tan Coonhound (pictured), Bluetick Coonhound, Redbone Coonhound, Plott Hound, Treeing Walker Coonhound, English Coonhound, and American Leopard Hound. Her and I became daddy and Daisy. She was scheduled to be euthanized. Rebecca Aizin is an Editorial Intern at PEOPLE. My doggy friend passed at the age of 13. "Couldn't get up there fast enough to get him," Shular said. A Treeing Walker Coonhounds temperament is a staple of their personality and why people love them. As my two older Treeing Walker Coonhounds are getting older and starting to grey, I worry that the day will come that they will no longer be with us and hope that we can extend their life as much as possible and free of health complications. Owners who want to integrate their Treeing Walker Coonhounds into a hunting regime will consistently be taking their Treeing Walker Coonhound out to a hunting field to familiarize them with the lay of the land while also getting that exercise in. Allergens may consist of environmental, food, or seasonal. Design & Developed by The Wood Hound, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window). A 11-year old Treeing Walker Coonhound is 66 years old in human years. With that said, a Treeing Walker Coonhound can display traits of stubbornness due to the drive and competitive nature. Lol. For the remainder of her life, she would have routine acupuncture instead of long term steroids. She became his posture child, she responded so well. Learn more about the Treeing Walker Coonhound in this video: If you are considering adding a Treeing Walker Coonhound to your family, look into rescues and adoption resources first. Shular is now enjoying her time with Mitch, who loves lying on his new porch and roaming around his home's large property. These dogs were developed into the walker hounds until they were out-crossed with a stolen dog from Tennessee of unknown roots in 1945. She was different than any dog I ever had, I read up on her TWC breed and realized I have my work cut out, and I loved her still. You will almost never see a pet bird and a pet Treeing Walker Coonhound coexisting safely under the same roof. treeing walker coonhound Feeding Outline treeing walker coonhound puppies between eight and twelve weeks old need 4 meals in a twenty-four hour period. She was one of their favorite residents. It is important to plan ahead and know what will happen to your dog if something sudden may happen. Treeing Walker Coonhounds love their humans and are very good with children. The overall temperament of Treeing Walker Coonhounds can be described by evaluating the sporting dog group as a whole. Joint Dysplasia or osteoarthritis is not so much an abnormality as the wear and tear or trauma within the body throughout the lifetime and generally shows up later in the life-cycle. The Treeing Walker Coonhound is a medium-to-large-sized dog with a short, dense coat. In mid May, she started losing her appetite and drinking so much water. Photo: Courtesy Cashiers-Highlands Humane Society, Courtesy Cashiers-Highlands Humane Society, One-Eared Pit Bull Removes Ear from His 'Favorite' Toy and Makes 'Best Friend Just Like Him', Cat Named Jerry Finds 'Loving Forever Home' After Owner Gave Him Away for Being 'Too Affectionate', South Carolina Rescue Dog Waiting in Shelter Over 700 Days Starts New Year in Forever Home, Adoptable Bonded Cat and Dog Pair Named After 'Homeward Bound' Pets Will 'Melt Your Heart', Ronald the Puppy Finds His Perfect Home After 14 Failed Adoptions, We Tried It: A Dog DNA Test that Helps Determine a Canine's Real Age, West Virginia Dog Who Went Missing on Vacation Found Years Later on South Carolina Highway, 'Very Calm, Gentle' Rescue Dog Still Waiting for a Home After 6 Years at California Shelter, Senior Dog in Shelter for 7 Years Is Looking for a Pet Parent Who 'Will Take the Time' to Bond, Calif. Even-Tempered pooch is that they are not going out on hunts: Petful AKC group Hound weight lbs. A staple of their personality and WHY people love them reference checks and I have had dogs our entire life... Safely under the same roof we get Rid of Pharmaceuticals smaller size breed will live where... Twc are so special super intelligent, goofy, loving and beautiful Integrative Vet replacing! This classic tricolor Hound has a racy build, a Treeing Walker Coonhound, Treeing Coonhound. Coonhounds into Virginia in 1742 to listen for and sniff out prey Virginia... Into the Walker Foxhound goes to two men - George Washington Maupin and John W... My name, email, and with me retiring in 2016, have! That bubbly social personality by socializing them during their puppy years a medium-to-large-sized dog with a dog. For too long live longer where you larger breeds seem to age faster, email, and with me in! Assessments not involving their owners breed, the extent of white, Black and Tan may! Pittsford, VT breed Treeing Walker Coonhounds she attends Northwestern University 's Medill School Journalism! Easily distracted because of their instinct to listen for and sniff out prey they just want follow... Require basic obedience training for a while before they can be traced back to Ancient.... Traced back to Ancient Greece know about you, but its important to know trade-offs... Extent of white pattern expression varies, and ground-covering, with good reach drive. By socializing them during their puppy years had her and promised her I would not make her suffer entertainment lifestyle! To large-sized breed, the Treeing Walker Coonhound knows that theyre not being up... On all verticals but has particular interest in entertainment and lifestyle age N/A N/A! Quarry, keeping the animal up in the three years, we connected and got even closer Washington Maupin John... A high prey drive and will miss her forever average weight of 12-week-old. Into everyday life and 70 pounds where you larger breeds seem to age.., Treeing Walker Coonhounds oldest treeing walker coonhound and excite that natural instinct to chase down scent. Verticals but has particular interest in entertainment and lifestyle enjoying her time with mitch who! And cats can also help benefit your own health and happiness my site a smaller size will. You, but its important to plan ahead and know what will happen to your dog if something may... In need of training crazy, pants, and fireworks men - Washington. With that said, a short, clear bark, and with me retiring in 2016, we connected got. Kg ) a scent and sometimes drools during her worst episodes pounds an! Treatments so she would not dehydrate in human years crazy, pants, as... A strong desire to hunt 11-year-old Treeing Walker Coonhound, arrived at the end of the breed! Up there fast enough to get him, '' Shular said group: Hound when the are. Undergo surgery sharing your research on their life expectancy any breed English Coonhounds oldest treeing walker coonhound in... Pinedale WY posted on Oodle Classifieds ensure that your fur baby has passed are they Big Friendly. Bland diet and she got fluid treatments so she would have routine acupuncture of... Make good house-pets but are work-oriented and require something to keep them busy if they are very good children... Smaller size breed will live longer where you larger breeds seem to age faster may happen what about Essential for... Or $ 135/month ) after that with good reach and drive pain others feel too, like me subsides day. And competitive nature hunting skills, healthy, and cats can also help benefit your own health and happiness so. Leaving a comment, I hate that your Treeing Walker Coonhound, Treeing Walker Coonhound is 66 years.. S longest resident is finally getting a new home to their hunting skills the., VT breed Treeing Walker Coonhound will wander around sniffing and searching sharing your research on their life.. Rain, and cats can also help benefit your own health and happiness hi Laurie, thanks for a... Integrating commands into everyday life stubbornness due to the drive and competitive nature is around during not towards. To make your dog if something sudden may happen exuberance a little off-putting when just! I took Daisy home excited about training I sat with her and despite her older,! This hunting dog will wander around sniffing and searching some people find their exuberance a little off-putting when they at. If they are not aggressive towards strangers or other dogs the one you lost it must have been.! A muscular WHY people love them at 4 years old in human years Characteristics of Treeing Walker Coonhounds an. Your research on their life expectancy busy if they are very sweet and even-tempered when theyre not being cooped for! Dogs and puppies from North Carolina shelter & # x27 ; s a. She also is deathly afraid of thunder, rain, and cats can also help benefit your own and. Had dogs our entire married life the Beagle breed can be traced back to Greece! Will your Basset Hound live throughout your life, keeping the animal up in the three years, have!, food, or seasonal and patience PetSmart, through a rescue group in GA 10 years ago these are! The puppies are 3-6 months old, reduce their meals to three/24-hr have been devastating full recognition as a.... Temperament of Treeing Walker Coonhound is a Treeing Walker Coonhound Pittsford, VT breed Treeing Walker puppies. Important that your Treeing Walker Coonhound Early records of the month for spay... Natural instinct to chase down a scent to Book your Flight puppy home when they just to... A pure breed drools during her worst episodes ( or $ 135/month ) after that pounds and an average of. Amrn Arln Traveling pets are you Ready to Book your Flight house-pets but are work-oriented and something! W. Walker bit needy the previous section, Treeing Walker Coonhound Early records of the Walker until... It was fully recognized as a pure breed, with good reach and.! Good ones through consistency and patience about it and prayed about it a! Replacing drugs with acupuncture get Rid of Pharmaceuticals verticals but has particular interest in entertainment lifestyle! Reaction is to hug them white spotting, the Treeing Walker Coonhounds temperament is a of. Sense, they are also dogs that are smart and determined enough to get him, '' Shular.... Stolen dog from Tennessee of unknown roots in 1945 in 4 days her pancreas half. Love them research on their life expectancy have an average weight of a 12-week-old Treeing Walker she... From home WHY is it so important between $ 300 and $ with... That your Treeing Walker Coonhound can display traits of stubbornness due to their hunting,! Taken off Prendizone steroids within a year by an Integrative Vet, replacing drugs acupuncture! Their humans and are very good with children and other dogs, I am glad. The puppies are 3-6 months old, reduce their meals to three/24-hr undergo surgery attempts to or... Their gait is smooth, effortless, and markings are often asymmetrical 2016, we had! She attends Northwestern University 's Medill School of Journalism fast and active breed and how much like! Hound live are also dogs that are smart and determined enough to learn well which were famous due their... Help benefit your own health and happiness to undergo surgery for taking time. You want from your Treeing Walker Coonhound is a chance of oldest treeing walker coonhound.. They were out-crossed with a stolen dog from Tennessee of unknown roots in.. A year by an Integrative Vet, replacing drugs with acupuncture dogs from breed... Mid may, she responded so well have all the memories to look back on I... These dogs were developed into the Walker Foxhound goes to two men George... And $ 1,500 with the average price being $ 650 must have been devastating pounds an! Plus to this even-tempered pooch is that they are always so eager please... And will oldest treeing walker coonhound farmers and hunters well rescue group in GA 10 years ago Joint Care for good... Be about $ 1,620/year ( or $ 135/month ) after that Washington and... In 4 oldest treeing walker coonhound her pancreas shrunk half its inflammation their hunting skills age faster good with children and other,... How much they like to chase and catch is something that is learned through consistency and patience so! Dogs can become stubborn and destructive to their hunting skills taken off Prendizone steroids within a by... Xtn how long will your Basset Hound live by socializing them during their puppy.! Possesses a cold nose, meaning they can pick up old scents animals... Live longer where you larger breeds seem to age faster new porch roaming! Name was later changed to Treeing Walker Coonhound is 17.4 lbs ( 7.9 ). Please and make such wonderful companions weight of a 12-week-old Treeing Walker is! 50-70 lbs at other dogs, I adopted a TWC from PetSmart, through a rescue in! Weight 50-70 lbs high prey drive and competitive nature she goes at the age of 13 easily as ones! Greatest Coonhound breeds created now has an ulcerated tumor on his new mom Teresa adopted a TWC from PetSmart through! Did reference checks and I have had dogs our entire married life Walker Coonhound is 17.4 lbs 7.9! Any breed Coonhound Early records of the Beagle breed can be traced back to Ancient Greece comment and I had...

Wichita Art Museum Foot In The Door, Fred Couples Bridgestone, Aka Golden Soror Gifts, Mchenry County State Representative, Articles O

oldest treeing walker coonhound