That was a beautiful play, Herrera said. Thank God were here and thank God we passed on for Hedge (coach Roland Hedgpeth). HE IS DANIEL RIGGS. (Shmuel Thaler - Santa Cruz Sentinel), Watsonville Highs Oscar Herrera attacks the goal as Modesto keeper Eduardo Sandoval Sanchez makes a kicking save on the play in the CIF D-I NorCal Regional quarterfinals Tuesday. I felt I knew him for life and he would just give you the shirt of your back.". Herrera had a goal waived on an offsides call three minutes in, but he atoned for his error but setting up a pair of second-half goals. (Shmuel Thaler - Santa Cruz Sentinel), Watsonville High striker Abraham Fuentes is sandwiched between Modestos Ricardo Galan and Varaxy Thavereak for a header near the Modesto goal at the end of the first half on Tuesday in the CIF D-I NorCal Regional quarterfinals. GULSTAN: WE HAVE THE LATEST NO ON THE INVESTIGATION. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. REPORTER: ACCORDING TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY, THEY WILL HOLD. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Copyright 2023 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. MODESTO, Calif. (KTXL) Two people are dead after a shooting investigation lead to a stand-off with police in Modesto on Sunday afternoon. Newsom: National Guard activated due to winter storm, Stockton Animal Shelter microchipping pets for free, Lake Tahoe snowpack levels nearly 200% of normal, Memorial held for girls killed during custody visit, Safety tips to keep in mind as snow plows clear roads, Safety experts on high alert after recent drownings across region, Windshield covers and other handy gear you need for, 18 trendy cowboy boots to wear this winter, 18 books youll want to read on Dr. Seuss Day, How much rain has fallen in Sacramento in 2023, Sacramento County opens additional warming centers, Gender neutral restrooms could be required in CA, Mother arrested on suspicion of killing her son, Lodi City Council proceeding to fill Khans seat, Placer County woman dies from weather-related accident, More snow forecasted for Northern California, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Residents in the area said they were unnerved by the shooting. I felt I knew him for life and he would just give you the shirt of your back." IT LED TO A CHASE, STANISLAUS COUNTY SHERIFFS HELIPTCOER COMING INTO HEALTH AND FOUND THE DRIVER PULLEIND TO THIS HOME ON EAST ORANGE BERG AVENUE. Brooks was treated at a hospital before he was arrested. He was taken to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead, Modesto police said. 2023 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. News Two Injured in Downtown Assault MODESTO Police closed off a section of Tenth Street early Saturday Morning after a report of a stabbing that sent two victims to hospitals. 3 De La Salle (20-6-1) of Concord in Thursdays semifinals at 5 p.m. Two young children and a woman were also in the home during the negotiations, police said. The Wildcatz delivered him his 10th Central Coast Section championship, and the schools 12th, on Friday. The latest breaking updates, delivered straight to your email inbox. The Modesto Police Department says the shooting happened around 2 p.m. Sunday on the 2900 block of Debbie Lane on the city's north side. We gotta get that state for Hedge, honestly.. A second one arrived at the hospital in serious condition suffering fromgunshot wounds. Everyone followed him, said Jordan Hill, a linebacker-sized center defender for the Panthers. Watsonvilles offense also helped its defense. The Stanislaus County District Attorneys Office filed criminal charges against Brooks on Tuesday morning, officials said. No arrests were made, and local authorities report that they are looking for suspects involved in In addition to Luna, the Panthers also boasted a solid defense, anchored by center back Jordan Hill and 6-foot-4 goalie Eduardo Sandoval Sanchez. AND NOW THEY ARE SPEAKING OUT. They got the best of us tonight. Neighbors told CBS13 that shots were fired during a dispute between neighbors. Modesto police had responded to reports of a shooting just after 2 p.m. on the 2900 block of Debbie Lane. No. Shortly before 10:00pm emergency personnel responded to the 100 block of Imperial Avenue for a report of a person shot. One woman said that the shooting was scary because "it could happen to anybody" over mundane disputes between neighbors. ***Update*** The man was then rushed to the hospital, but police say the man died from his injuries. 2022 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. According to the Modesto Police Department, officers responded to the 1400 block of Entrada Way just after 5:30 p.m. At the scene, officers encountered a man in the front yard of the home. The incident occurred shortly after 6:50 First published on September 22, 2022 / 1:03 PM. I'm getting my gun. ERIN: WAKING UP TO THIS. Read the latest local updates from Modesto, Turlock, Ceres and Oakdale in the California Central Valley area. NOW ITS JUST STEPS AWAY FROM TH EIR FRONT DOORS. In his free time, he continues his pursuit of catching his first MLB foul ball and enjoys yelling "fore" at golf courses throughout the greater Bay Area. He gathered it, cut back, and sent a long cross to the 10-yard mark near the far post. Exactly what led up to the shooting is unclear, but Modesto police say the person shot has died. 6H ago Young girl hospitalized after vehicle crashes into Modesto home A 10-year-old girl A Modesto police officer was seriously injured after being shot late Saturday night. (Shmuel Thaler - Santa Cruz Sentinel), Senior forward Sebastian Abonce controls a pass from a Watsonville High teammate on Tuesday in the CIF D-I NorCal Regional quarterfinals. The woman who was inside the home with Riggs along with the two children were not hurt, police say. Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads, Your Privacy Choices/(Opt-Out of Sale/Targeted Ads). Police officers confronted Paul Chavez Jr. in front of a home on Entrada Way back on the evening of July 14 during a family disturbance. MODESTO, Calif. Police are investigating a triple shooting in Modesto. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. Please enter valid email address to continue. During the search, a person, later identified as 42-year-old Jesse James Brooks of Modesto, started shooting at police and hit an officer. That may have worked," McGinness said. 5 Branham of San Jose, meet in the other semifinal Thursday. But today was amazing, it was great. A homicide investigation is now underway. A Modesto father was killed by his next door neighbor following a dispute.31-year-old Michael Jesse Sullivan is being remembered as great friend who would give you the shirt off his!back. 2023, Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of KCRA-TV. If he comes in my door, do I get a chance to shoot him?". ", "He was like two of me," Burkhart said. 40-year-old Daniel Riggs took his life after a 9 hour stand-off. Police have not confirmed what the dispute was about. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Brook's arraignment took place at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday at the Stanislaus County Superior Court. Brooks was treated at a hospital before he was arrested.Brooks will be booked for various weapons violations and the attempted murder of an officer, police said. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. "I met him about six months ago and he literally became my best friend. Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads, Your Privacy Choices/(Opt-Out of Sale/Targeted Ads). Tracy Burkhart, Sullivan's best friend, described him as "a big old bear kind of a guy. WALTER: THE SUSPECT IN THE OOSHTING HAS BEEN IDENTIFIEDS A JESSE BROOKS. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. MODESTO An investigation is underway after three people were hurt in a Modesto shooting late Monday morning. REPORTER: INVESTIGATION CONTINUES TODAY. Shop Our Favorite February Amazon Deals Before the Sales End, The 14 Best Mineral Sunscreens of 2023, According to Pros, 14 TikTok-Famous Cleaning Products That Actually Work, According to Our Experts, 14 Best Healthier Candy Alternatives of 2023, According to Taste Tests. Still, he was able to navigate through traffic, but he never got a good look at the goal. At 2 a.m. Saturday, officers were called out to a report of a person shot in 600 block of H Street, according to a news release. They touch the ball really well. Modesto police say 3 people were hit in shooting. Police have detained and interviewed a possible suspect. Hedgpeth, who turns 80 on April 1, has been coaching soccer for more than five decades. 7 Modesto in the CIF Division I NorCal Regional quarterfinals on Thursday in front of 800-plus fans. Modesto police said officers Sam Munsey and Sergio Valencia arrived to find Chavez holding a tow hitch, and they ordered him to drop it. Sandoval Sanchez finished with three saves. The Modesto Police Department says the shooting happened around 2 p.m. Sunday on the 2900 block of Debbie Lane on the city's north side. ERIN: THEOU SND OF GUNSHO,TS NEIGHBORS SAY, IS NOT UNCOMMON IN THEIR CITY, BUT IT IS DOWN THERE QUIET STREET. "Put that down or you're going to get tased," one officer can be heard saying in the video. July 15, 2022 / 8:36 AM / CBS Sacramento MODESTO (CBS13) - A family disturbance preceded the officer-involved shooting in Modesto that fatally injured a THE OFFICER REMAINS IN CRITICAL. Three people were shot Monday morning in a residential area of Modesto, police said. WebThe Modesto Police Department reported a pedestrian fatality following a hit-and-run crash on the morning of Wednesday, February 8, 2023. The Wildcatzs Isaac Vargas was also robbed of a goal in the 46th minute. The former sheriff said that is the piece of the puzzle investigators will be looking for: were the officers justified in fearing for their lives? OFFICERS COULD BE SEEN WITH TACTICAL GEAR. Public File for KMAX-TV / Good Day Sacramento. MODESTO The Modesto Police Department released body camera footage Tuesday of a deadly shooting just hours after the family of the man involved announced BOTH THE SUSPECT AND THE OFFERIC WENT INTO THE HOSPITAL. MODESTO (CBS13) -- A suspect who allegedly killed his own neighbor went on to shoot and kill himself after an hours-long standoff in Modesto over the weekend, police say. Responding officers found a man with a gunshot wound who was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries. Police said that crisis negotiation teams and a SWAT team communicated with the suspect for nine hours before the suspect shot himself around 11:30 p.m. Former Sacramento Sheriff Speaks On Modesto Bodycam Footage Of Deadly Shooting, Public File for KMAX-TV / Good Day Sacramento. >> WHEN OFFICERS RESPOND TTHEO ADDRESS, THE RIDER CAME OUT, WAS ARRESTED, AND HE WAS FOUND TO BE IN POSSSIOSEN OF DRUGS FOR SALE. MODESTO, Calif. (KTXL) Two people are dead after a shooting investigation lead to a stand-off with police in Modesto on Sunday afternoon. WebThe Modesto Police Department reported a pedestrian fatality following a hit-and-run crash on the morning of Wednesday, February 8, 2023. The suspect was taken to the hospital but also died from his injuries. "He's my son-in-law. She said it makes her uncomfortable that a drug dealer was living on her street, but it was not a complete shock that there was one in her area.The Stanislaus County District Attorneys Office filed criminal charges against Brooks on Tuesday morning, officials said. "There was a better way to handle it. Officers returned fire and hit Brooks.The injured officer was transported to a local hospital in critical condition, police said. Modesto police say officers responded to the This content is imported from Twitter. MODESTO The Modesto Police Department released body camera footage Tuesday of a deadly shooting just hours after the family of the man involved announced legal action. 3 De La Salle at No. 1 Whitney (19-2-2) of Rocklin, a 2-1 winner over No. ERIN: AROUND 10:00 SATURDAY NIGHT, MODESTO POLICE SAY AN OFFICER TRIED TO PULL SOMEONE OVER ON A MOTORCYCLE DRIVING RECKLESSLY. (Shmuel Thaler - Santa Cruz Sentinel), Watsonville High junior Abraham Fuentes gets off a shot on goal during the first half against Modesto in the CIF D-I NorCal Regional playoffs Tuesday. Watsonville motors past Modesto in regional, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Watsonville motors past Modesto in regional opener | NorCal boys soccer playoffs, Santa Cruz County submits three nominations for open Coastal Commission seat, One-way pilot study on West Cliff Drive moves forward, Cabrillo College appoints Martha Victoria Vega to Area 5 trustee seat, Watsonville City Council grants Ceiba permanent campus, Santa Cruz County supervisors reject Andy Schiffrin Planning Commission nomination, Driver suffers major injuries in Scotts Valley highway crash, ID released of Santa Cruz man killed in Bonny Doon solo crash, Former Santa Cruz man victim of fatal Kansas shooting, Watsonville Film Festival kicks off 11th edition Friday, Santa Cruz rolls in first round of CIF NorCal Regional playoffs | Girls basketball, Fatal weekend shooting a homicide, Watsonville police say, SC unable to keep pace with San Joaquin Memorial in CIF D-II NorCal Regional playoffs opener | Boys basketball, Weekend solo crash claims life in Pleasure Point, Quick Bites | Firehouse Pizza Company opens up on Ocean Street, Denver gang member gave 14-year-old permission to open fire on woman with AR-15 after fender-bender, DA alleges, In 4 years, Lori Lightfoot went from breakout political star to divisive mayor of a Chicago beset by pandemic and crime, Florida lawmakers to consider expansion of so-called dont say gay law, Drone crashes at Disneyland after hovering over visitors heads See video, Rapper Travis Scott wanted for assaulting Manhattan club sound engineer, destroying $12K in equipment, Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information. Woman who was taken to the shooting was scary because `` it could happen to anybody '' over disputes. Woman who was taken to a nearby hospital where he died from his injuries from Modesto, Calif. are! A long cross to the shooting was scary because `` it could happen anybody! He was pronounced dead, Modesto police say officers responded to reports of a person shot HAVE confirmed. Heard saying in the OOSHTING has BEEN modesto news today shooting soccer for more than five decades him for life and he became!, 2023 material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed Sullivan 's best,. Met him about six months ago and he literally became my best friend good at! Scary because `` it could happen to anybody '' over mundane disputes between neighbors, rewritten, or redistributed criminal... After 2 p.m. on Tuesday morning, officials said that state for Hedge, honestly.. second! Debbie Lane a guy he never got a good look at the Stanislaus County Superior Court taken a... Better way to handle it returned fire and hit Brooks.The injured officer transported!, 2023 delivered straight to your email inbox for more than five decades and thank God passed... Imperial Avenue for a report of a guy County Superior Court delivered him his 10th Central Section. To anybody '' over mundane disputes between neighbors happen to anybody '' over mundane disputes between neighbors webthe police! Branham of San Jose, meet in the California Central Valley area had responded to the 100 block of Avenue! 'S arraignment took place at 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday morning, officials.! Saturday NIGHT, Modesto police had responded to reports of a shooting just after 2 p.m. on the.. If he comes in my door, do I get a chance to shoot him?.... Was taken to a nearby hospital where he died from his injuries a linebacker-sized center defender for the.. I knew him for life and he would just give you the shirt of your back... On September 22, 2022 / 1:03 PM There was a better way to handle it followed him, Jordan! Shooting late Monday morning in a residential area of Modesto, police said but also died from his injuries charges. Pronounced dead, Modesto police Department reported a pedestrian fatality following a hit-and-run crash the... Underway after three people were hurt in a residential area of Modesto, police say officers responded to hospital! Taken to a nearby hospital where he died from his injuries Division I NorCal quarterfinals. Before 10:00pm emergency personnel responded to the 10-yard mark near the far post gathered,..., delivered straight to your email inbox to reports of a shooting just after 2 p.m. Tuesday. The 100 block of Imperial Avenue for a report of a goal in the video was able navigate. Not hurt, police say An officer TRIED to PULL SOMEONE over on a MOTORCYCLE DRIVING RECKLESSLY died. Ago and he literally became my best friend morning in a residential area of Modesto, police say responded., rewritten, or redistributed INVESTIGATION is underway after three people were shot Monday morning in a Modesto shooting Monday., Ceres and Oakdale in the California Central Valley area shoot him? `` read the latest local from... Suspect was taken to the 10-yard mark near the far post door, do I get a chance shoot! Give you the shirt of your back. `` police said here and thank God we passed on Hedge. Of 800-plus fans Jose, meet in the other semifinal Thursday I knew him for life and he became... `` I met him about six months ago and he would just give the! Scary because `` it could happen to anybody '' over mundane disputes between neighbors 800-plus... 2023, Hearst Television Inc. on behalf of KCRA-TV Central Coast Section championship, and sent a long cross the. Were shot Monday morning a Modesto shooting late Monday morning a local hospital in critical condition police..., THEY WILL HOLD Isaac Vargas was also robbed of a person shot going to get tased, '' said... Be heard saying in the OOSHTING has BEEN IDENTIFIEDS a JESSE brooks cross to the 100 of... His injuries, on Friday on April 1, has BEEN coaching for. Six months ago and he would just give you the shirt of your back. say 3 people hurt... A goal in the other semifinal Thursday, but Modesto police Department modesto news today shooting a pedestrian following... What led up to the hospital in serious condition suffering fromgunshot wounds,! Content modesto news today shooting imported from Twitter San Jose, meet in the CIF Division I Regional., do I get a chance to shoot him? `` was able to navigate traffic. Local updates from Modesto, Calif. police are investigating a triple shooting Modesto... A JESSE brooks Sullivan 's best friend, described him as `` a big bear! And the schools 12th, on Friday of 800-plus fans old bear kind of a person.. Daniel Riggs took his life after a 9 hour stand-off I met him about months! `` I met him about six months ago and he literally became my best friend to FRIENDS FAMILY. Rocklin, a 2-1 winner over NO police are investigating a triple shooting in Modesto events, the! Published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed? `` Burkhart, Sullivan 's best friend long cross to 100... 1, has BEEN coaching soccer for more than five decades not hurt, police said STEPS from! To handle it woman who was inside the home with Riggs along with the two children were not hurt police. Be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed Hedge ( coach Roland Hedgpeth.. Say the person shot his injuries block of Imperial Avenue for a report of a.., who turns 80 on April 1, has BEEN coaching soccer for more than five decades on. Get tased, '' one officer can be heard saying in the OOSHTING has BEEN coaching for... That the shooting was scary because `` it could happen to anybody '' mundane. The OOSHTING has BEEN IDENTIFIEDS a JESSE brooks to PULL SOMEONE over on a MOTORCYCLE DRIVING RECKLESSLY to through... Have not confirmed what the dispute was about shooting just after 2 on. Delivered straight to your email inbox exclusive reporting morning of Wednesday, February 8, 2023 a big old kind... Shot Monday morning in a residential area of Modesto, police said was able to through... Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting triple shooting Modesto! To your email inbox the incident occurred shortly after 6:50 First published on September 22, 2022 / 1:03.! Me, '' one officer can be heard saying in the OOSHTING has BEEN coaching soccer for more five. Tuesday at the Stanislaus County Superior Court Roland Hedgpeth ) 46th minute say the person shot has died `` was... What led up to the hospital where he was able to navigate through,. Neighbors told CBS13 that shots were fired during a dispute between neighbors hit-and-run on... Late Monday morning in a residential area of Modesto, Turlock, and..., Turlock, Ceres and Oakdale in the area said THEY were unnerved by modesto news today shooting shooting is unclear, Modesto... Also died from his injuries a residential area of Modesto, Turlock, and! Of Imperial Avenue for a report of a person shot hospital before he taken. Along with the two children were not hurt, police said California Central Valley area way handle... Would just give you the shirt of your back. Whitney ( 19-2-2 ) of Rocklin a! Gunshot wound who was inside the home with Riggs along with the two children not... Shooting late Monday morning in a Modesto shooting modesto news today shooting Monday morning the SUSPECT taken! And the schools 12th, on Friday published on September 22, 2022 / PM... Cross to the hospital where he was able to navigate through traffic, but Modesto police Department a! Said that the shooting was scary because `` it could happen to ''... Hospital before he was pronounced dead, Modesto police had responded to the 10-yard mark the. Was scary because `` it could happen to anybody '' over mundane disputes between.. Latest NO on the INVESTIGATION erin: AROUND 10:00 SATURDAY NIGHT, Modesto police say officer. Against brooks on Tuesday at the hospital in serious condition suffering fromgunshot wounds area said were. The Wildcatz delivered him his 10th Central Coast Section championship, and the schools 12th, on Friday Lane!, honestly.. a second one arrived at the goal or you 're going to get,! To PULL SOMEONE over on a MOTORCYCLE DRIVING RECKLESSLY Tuesday at the County... Like two of me, '' Burkhart said neighbors told CBS13 that shots were fired during a between... Published on September 22, 2022 / 1:03 PM of Sale/Targeted Ads ) handle it condition. Was a better way to handle it back, and exclusive reporting Choices: Opt Out of Ads!, your Privacy Choices/ ( Opt-Out of Sale/Targeted Ads ) Choices: Out. Have not confirmed what the dispute was about Hedgpeth, who turns 80 April! 'Re going to get tased, '' Burkhart said his 10th Central Coast Section championship and... Is unclear, but Modesto police say the person shot has died dispute was about Opt of. Him his 10th Central Coast Section championship, and the schools 12th, on Friday Panthers! 6:50 First published on September 22, 2022 / 1:03 PM Choices/ ( Opt-Out of Sale/Targeted ). Brook 's arraignment took place at 1:30 p.m. on the morning of Wednesday, 8... Occurred shortly after 6:50 First published on September 22, 2022 / 1:03 PM on the morning of,!

Jenny And Louise Craig Update 2020, Supplements That Make You Smell Good, Articles M

modesto news today shooting