In his first conference, he led the Ice Cream Stars that was bannered by Alvin Patrimonio and Jerry Codiera to a 42 series win over the San Miguel Beermen to win the All-Filipino Conference, creating history by being the youngest coach to win a championship in his first tournament at age 29. Talent or Attitude? Reyes last played in the UAAP in Season 77, a campaign that saw the Fighting Maroons win only one game. | #NCAASeason97 (Aired: June 26, 2022) Report Browse more videos Playing next NCAA basketball's greatest players with Mikee Reyes and Martin Antonio | Rise Up Stronger Input your search keywords and press Enter. The business gene also runs in the family. But he (coach Ricky) didn't reply. Despite an impressive debut, Kaohsiung Truth of the ASEAN Basketball League have decided not to extend ASEAN Heritage Import Mikee Reyes one-day contract to a season-long deal, Reyes confirmed. Reyes spent two more seasons with the Purefoods franchise before he was hired in 1997 by the Sta. The controversial point guard, however, said he doesnt want an automatic slot in the team as he plans to go through the process of undergoing tryouts once again. Dilbert creator Scott Adams has defended his racist rant that saw his comic strip dropped by newspapers across America by invoking the ' Mike Pence Rule' and claiming bigotry is ok in certain . Reyes believes that the team has enough talent and with hard work, soon, they will get to the promised land. And I decided to leave so the team could focus and get used to playing without me and I could just move on," he said. Who's more skilled, Kyrie or Steph? ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW , 2023 SPIN.ph - Sports Interactive Network Philippines, "I wasn't asked nor told to leave, but I was told (by coach Ricky Dandan)that they didn't need me. Mike Reyes Sr. shows a photo of himself when he was a rookie deputy with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. At the early age of four, he was already playing basketball under his fathers supervision. He was part of their scouting team, tasked with mimicking the play of the likes of LA Tenorio. Although UP has yet to score its second win, it continues to receive support from different sectors. All Rights Reserved. He makes his shots: THE PHENOM IS BACK!!! We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on Spin.ph. The 5-foot-8 point guard from Antipolo brought immediate impact to the Taiwan-based squad, pouring in 14 points in his . I want to come in as a student, and when Im in the court, then I am a basketball player, says the jersey number 9 player. Shoot First with Mikee Reyes People have been asking us what the difference is between an anchor and an analyst! Rike, who is part of the 23 Iigo becomes more than just lead guard for Kaohsiung Truth. Browse more videos Playing next 8:15 NCAA Season 98 Preview (Part 2) | Fearless Forecast and Final Four Predictions | GMA Sports PH GMA News 4:22 NCAA Season 98 Preview (Part 1) | GMA Sports PH GMA News 2:32 WAG NAMAN GANUN! The SMC management retained Reyes as coach and that year he led a Tigers team, depleted with the injuries of Abarrientos and Jeffrey Cariaso, to the 2002 PBA All-Filipino title again creating history by being the first team in the PBA's history to win a title in its rookie year. He grew up watching his father and brothers playing basketball, and later on, he developed a liking for the sport. You have to have fun in what youre doing. By John Remil Isaga It was a happy birthday indeed for former Fighting Maroon Mikee Reyes. Vincent "Chot" P. Reyes (born August 1, 1963) is a Filipino basketball head coach for the Philippine national basketball team, where he led the team to a historic silver medal finish at the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship and the subsequent appearance at the 2014 FIBA World Cup, the country's first in 36 years. . He came back in 2013 but departed once again from the team after playing just one game. Being chosen by the KaTropa was a bonus. Deserving varsity members are awarded tuition grants while others are recommended to scholarships offered by UP. Reyes debuted in 2009 for the Maroons, but he was sidelined for two seasons due to injuries. Basta Im thankful to Kaohsiung pa rin for the opportunity. He misses his shots: Tangina pabida! That year, he led the Realtors to a third-place finish in the All-Filipino and two respectable fourth-place finishes in the Commissioner's and Governor's Cup. Perfect match. With Greater China (Macau, Hong Kong and the Mainland), Korea, Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines represented in the EASL Champions Week now on its second day of hostilities here, the eight referees assigned by FIBA Asia to work the 10-game tournament were expectedly neutral. The win broke a two-year, 27-game losing streak for the team, which led to a bonfire celebration. JR is in his fourth year at the College of Education, pursuing a Bachelor of Elementary Education, major in Teaching in the Early Grades. Confident paglabas ng bahay, hanggang pag balik! WITH a new coach in place, Mikee Reyes is intent on returning to University of the Philippines for the coming UAAP season and finishing his collegiate career with the Maroons. Formerly, he was the head of Sports5, TV5's Sports division until 2015 and Digital5 (now D5 Studio). Mika Aereen Marcalias Reyes (born June 21, 1994) is a Filipino volleyball player. If at all, Reyes said he was disappointed with the university. "I'm disappointed with how a lot of people have been calling, tweeting and texting me asking what went down, but I haven't received one call nor text from anyone from UP to clarify things. Bat kasi nag-CR si tito, wala tuloy ibidinsya! With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the country. We lost Tata (Marata) and Raul (Soyud), but other players have gained experience from last year lalo na yung latter part. As long as you are a student at UP theyre going to push you and try to get the best out of you, he said. Passers will then have to actively represent UP in the UAAP for four years. The 22-year-old Reyes, who waited three years to rejoin the Maroons as he recovered from two shoulder injuries, admitted he left the team after UP's opening game of the UAAP season against the Adamson Falcons. Vincent "Chot" P. Reyes (born August 1, 1963) is a Filipino basketball head coach for the TNT Tropang Giga for the Philippine Basketball Association. All of us enter the draft wanting to play, not just to get drafted. Mike Anthony Reyes, 52. Reyes was so thrilled to be selected that his own birthday became an afterthought. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn's Cup in Thailand, where they won the bronze medal.[8]. Posted at Nov 01 2016 09:33 PM | Updated as of Nov 02 2016 11:15 AM. Copyright 2023. "But for me, just to be given an opportunity . Reyes suffered shoulder injuries that forced him to miss two full seasons with UP. After a while, he became the assistant coach of Tim Cone for the Philippine Centennial Team that went home with the bronze medal in the 1998 Asian Games. . After leaving the university with one more playing season left in 2015, Reyes served as an analyst for the coverage of the NCAA Season 91. Sign up now! On the day Reyes turned 26 years old, the Manny V. Pangilinan franchise made him the 36th pick of the annual draft. Reyes said the problem started on Sunday during the third quarter of the match against the Falcons after he was substituted by Dandan as the Maroons were making a run. She is a Middle Hitter/Blocker and is currently playing in the PVL Premier Volleyball League in the Philippines. The Official Student Publication of the UP College of Mass Communication. In the 2006 William Jones Cup, Team Pilipinas finished a dismal sixth place in the tournament. Mikee regards his basketball-playing father as his greatest inspiration. Mikee Reyes admits his feud with then head coach Ricky Dandan was the only reason on why he decided to leave the Maroons last season. Early life [ edit] Reyes grew up in Pulilan, Bulacan with her parents and four other siblings. San Beda coach Jonathan Reyes thinks that although the 79th NCAA basketball tournament is far from being over, a lot of people, mostly the alumni, feel this could be the year. Meet our family and friends who will be walking down the aisle with us! Lao regards Business Economics as a difficult course, so he sees to it that he accomplishes his academic tasks. "He gives me tips and tells me which things I have to improve on," he said. I'm not mad at him (coach Ricky) but if I see lies and twisted stories doon ako lalabas," he added. Michael received his Master of Architecture from the University of Texas at Arlington in 1996. His family never fails to provide mental and emotional support. Tinig ng Plaridel. His father, a former San Beda Red Lion, is highly influential in his athletic career. Reyes confirmed that he is ready to be one of Toroman's coaching staff for Asian Games 2010 in China. The Lao family never misses any of his games. Movies. . (CESAFI). They're both passionate and emotional when it comes to basketball. They didnt contact me, so sabi ko baka di nag-work out,the 26-year-old floor general shared. Be the first to contribute! She then got recruited and enrolled to De La Salle University. He stresses the importance of keeping the relationship with loved-ones despite ones busy schedule. They must pass at least four of the five subjects, or face disciplinary sanctions. "Grabe, just to be able to get picked, tapos TNT pa, of all teams?" This site uses cookies. Manalo kami. After seven years with one other firm, Mr. Reyes began work with GFF in 2003. Stay locked in for your daily sports discussions and debates! "I see a lot of people come into the draft, then when they are picked late, like what happened to me, medyo down sila," Reyes said. Mika Aereen Marcalias Reyes (born June 21, 1994) is a Filipino volleyball player. (July-August)Theirs is a difficult dribbling of balls and ballpens. I left so I dont want din naman na i-baby ako. Full Episode on 'Small Talk with Alec Cuenca' on Spotify! Before, JR looked up to professional basketball players for motivation, but since Reinen was born, he has been his source of strength and motivation. Before they were contenders for the title since their Cinderella run to the UAAP Finals in 2018, the UP Maroons were no strangers to being cellar dwellers. "After the game I texted him. The NCAA courtside came in defense for Kiefer Ravena's failure to make the clutch shot for Gilas Pilipinas through Twitter, and he got an unexpected reply from this netizen Kiefer tries to take over.. During his time as Purefoods head coach, he would appear in several coverages as a guest colleague, a time when Vintage practices inviting PBA coaches and assistants to do commentary. Part No. , Due to unpopular demand, LINK IN OUR BIO. And then he said that hell let me know [extension] before they leave Monday night. In the game versus Adamson last Aug. 9, Mikee helped push the Fighting Maroons to victory with a career-high 28-point contribution. Converge activates Danny Ildefonso for rest of Govs Cup, EASL: PBAs TNT absorbs 33-point beatdown at hands of B.League champ Utsunomiya, Yeng Guiao admits it would be hard for ROS to find import by Sat, Tim Cone expects LA Tenorio to miss rest of PBA Govs Cup, Only UP prexy can appoint UP sports office chief, says UP legal office, Angel Canino cant wait to experience La Salle-Ateneo, UAAP 85 MVB: Dela Noche, Calado figure in duel as UST beats FEU in 5, UP WVT seeks help from Nowhere To Go But UP, Nisperos bares what happened inside long, emotional Ateneo meeting after UE game, NCAA 98: San Andres clutch as Mapua outlasts JRU in marathon game, NCAA 98: Manalo, Ong help Mapua continue strong start; Arellano crushes Lyceum, Gayle Pascual not letting scoring spree get in way of Benildes play, NCAA 98: John Enarciso guides Perps to sweep of CSB, to 4-0 slate, NCAA 98: Pascual, Dapol figure in duel as CSB hacks out sweep vs Perpetual, Despite streak, Rhea Dimaculangan believes PLDT yet to reach peak, PVL: PLDT dumps wasteful Akari for fourth straight win, Tots Carlos glad to see second-stringers step up for injury-ridden Creamline, PVL: Carlos steps up for Galanza as Creamline sends Army to brink, Kim Dys confidence gains much-needed boost after sweep of Cignal, Onic PH savors win over NXPE after series of heartbreaks in amateur scene, MPL PH POW Super Marco still not satisfied with standout outings, OhMyV33nus surpasses Yellyhaze for the all-time leader, MPL PH Press Corps to hold first awards night, Duckey sees post-KarlTzy Bren era in currently struggling TNC, Chooks 33 taps Limans head trainer as consultant, Chooks 33: Cebu books ticket to HK Masters, Chooks 33: Cebu averts disaster vs Andersons Hayati, sets up all-South semis vs Talisay, Chooks 33: Cebu, Manila close in on semis berths, Chooks 33: Cebu gets winning start as Lorenzana shines for Manila, Stephen Loman accepts Fabricio Andrades challenge, ONE: Danny Kingad gives Eko Roni Saputra royal beatdown, John Lineker eyes redemption in Fabricio Andrade rematch, Fabricio Andrade confident he can get the job done this time around, Danny Kingad feels honored to perform on Muay Thais hallowed grounds, Smart NBTC returns with boys, girls competitions, NBA Summer League to take place during Gilas overseas camp, UAAP cancels Saturdays mens basketball, womens badminton games due to Paeng, Fil-Am Nation holds tryouts for Baseball NT, PH baseball star Jerome Yenson, 24, passes away, Renren Ritualo leads DLSU Sports Hall of Fame class of 21, Manny Pacquiao: A look at his storied boxing career, Eumir Marcial dominates Ricardo Villalba in 4th pro fight, PSA Awards: Obiena, Yulo, Filipinas lead major awardees, Manny Pacquiao set to fight under Rizin banner, ASBC Elite: James Palicte opens campaign with convincing win over Iraqi foe, JJWC: Kimberly Custodio, Ochoa earn world championships, Midlife Halftime: The origin story of a gym thats revolutionary, World Games: Carlo Biado survives tough day for Team PH, Team Pilipinas in high spirits for World Games, San Gregorio admits UAAP CDC title defense was not meant to be, Ghicka Bernabe makes sure to leave NU Pep with solid foundation and on top, UAAP 85 CDC: NU Pep works way back to top, FEU Cheering Squad seeks extraordinary back-to-back, UAAP 85 CDC returns with more performers, drums, SEA Games: Sean Aranar, Ana Nualla collect three golds in dancesport, SEA Games: Angelo Marquez, Stephanie Sabalo break Vietnam stronghold in dance, PH team confident heading to World Para Dance Sport Championships, UE completes sweep of all four UAAP fencing divisions, UAAP 85 Fencing: UE virtually clinches mens, boys tournament as womens, girls take lead, Richard Gomez hopes daughter Juliana continues to progress in fencing, UAAP 85 Fencing: Catantans shine for UST Womens, UE Girls, SEA Games: Catantan leads womens foil team to silver, 4CC: Isabella Gamez, Korovin finish last in short program, 4CC: Celestino, Frank face contrasting fates after Day 1, Sofia Frank finishes 11th in US International Classic, Sofia Frank struggles in free skate, ends Junior Worlds at 22nd, Sofia Frank resets PB in World Jr. Championships, Marjo Allado challenges Stephen Marasigan to score more after Ateneo brace, Like her brother Karl, Nathalie Absalon dedicates goal, season to Kuya Kieth, UAAP 85 MFB: Carandang the hero as UE downs Adamson, moves to top of table, UAAP 85 MFB: Khent Valenzuela goal lifts 10-man FEU past La Salle, UAAP 85 MFB: Stephen Marasigan nets brace as UST brings down Ateneo, UAAP 85 MJD: UST takes five golds, seals five-peat, UAAP 85 HSJD: UST captures 10 golds, secures golden double, UAAP 85 WJD: Leah Lopez, Jo Rafael lead UE stand in title defense, UAAP 85 MJD: Aaron Reyes, Chino Sy, Rael Abujos power UST to lead, UAAP 85 HSJD: UST boys, girls judokas dominate day 1, SEA Games: Phillip Delarmino awarded muay gold after MAPs successful protest, SEA Games: Delarmino suffers close decision loss to Vietnam bet in muay -57kg final, SEA Games: Phillip Delarmino advances to second straight muay final, Ben Saunders set for NTT DoCoMo Osaka return in Rugby League One, Volcanoes, Lady Volcanoes end last in Asia Rugby Sevens Series leg one, Volcanoes hard-pressed in Asia Rugby Sevens Series Leg 1, Lady Volcanoes relegated to plate in Asia Rugby Sevens Series Leg 1, Everingham wraps up 10 years of service to PH Volcanoes, UAAP 85 Softball: Adamson pounds UST to return to win column, UAAP 85 Softball: Subaldo walk-off completes UPs 11-inn stunner over Adamson for 1st rd sweep, Highly-touted Ezra Jalandoni still grasping to find form, UAAP 85 Softball: Adamson clears double-header ahead of UP showdown, Kacelyn Valino overcomes jitters in first-ever UAAP double-header performance, PSI brings back Luka Gabrilo as training of Kayla Sanchez, local swimmers continues, SEA AGE: Eichler completes butterfly sweep, SEA AGE: Eichler, Ajido continue to shine for Team PH, SEA AGE: Eichler establishes record as Team PH bags 3 golds after day 1, PSI sends largest delegation to SEA Age meet, UAAP 85 CTT: UST men secures three-peat; La Salle women regains crown after 2 seasons, UAAP 85 HSTT: DLSZ boys take back-to-back; UST girls take vengeance, UAAP 85 TT: Ateneo mens advances to first-ever final, UST-DLSU renew womens rivalry, UAAP 85 CTT: UST Mens, DLSU Girls complete elims sweep, UAAP 85 HSTT: UST, DLSZ meet in boys, girls finals, UAAP 85 MTK: Kurt Barbosa tows NU to four-peat, UAAP 85 WTK: Laila Delo, Reign Ragutana lead way as UST dethrones NU, UAPA 85 CTK: Barbosa a class above, leads NU to 3-0 slate in title defense, UAAP 85 HSTK: UST sweeps way to gold as Legolas Pearedondo crowned MVP, PPS-PEPP: Jana Diaz, Kendrick Pona prove pedigree, rule Escudero jrs, PPS-PEPP: Johnny Arcilla rules Escudero Cup, PPS-PEPP: Johnny Arcilla, Joma Pague reach Escudero Cup Open semis, ATP: Ruben Gonzales falls in Manama Challenger final, but gains career-high ranking, PPS-PEPP: NU rules National College Tennis Team tourney, Asian Indoor: Janry Ubas provides shining light for Team PH, EJ Obiena continues strong indoor season with silver finish in Berlin, EJ Obiena scores another gold, retains Copernicus Cup, Spikers Turf: Disquitado, Iloilo rack win no. The next step is to make the final cut on the team, secure a contract and put pen to paper. "'Yung pag-pirma 'yung importante, hindi 'yung draft eh," he said. He was on the comeback trail last season after a second shoulder surgery when he suddenly left the team. Reyes will be one of three imports suiting up for the Slingers in the annual basketball invitational tournament. With the return of his core players to the national team, however, Reyes led Team Pilipinas to a 2-game sweep of Lebanon, which beat Venezuela and France in the 2006 World Championships in Japan. Danny Ildefonso is making a return to the PBA as a player for the first time since 2015, after he was activated by the Converge Former PBA Rookie of the Year Boybits Victoria dies at 50. In an interview with Mikee Reyes' Straight Up podcast, Nelle said coach Boyet Fernandez was one of the reasons for his departure, saying that he felt the mentor's anger towards him after the Red Lions failed to defend their NCAA title against archival Letran. Reyes is excited about the prospect of returning to the Maroons to resume an injury-riddled collegiate career. Learn how your comment data is processed. Rey Madrid has recently been named head coach of the Maroons after taking over the place of Dandan midway through Season 76 of the league, a move which prompted Reyes to return. His desire did not go unsatisfied, as he led the Maroons in giving the Archers their fourth consecutive loss in Season 72, registering six assists and five rebounds on top of shooting 50 percent from the field and the perimeter. Given the pressures of representing UP in the University A t h l e t i c A s s o c i a t i o n of the Philippines (UAAP) basketball competition, how do the Fighting Maroons cagers go about basketball and academics at the same time? [8], Learn how and when to remove this template message, Basketball Coaches Association of the Philippines, Tim Cone was once banned from coaching in the PBA. Nung time ko? Leach was. A giant at 6 feet 5 inches, he wants to be a good influence to kids someday. "Doon pa lang, nakita ko na 'yung tiyaga na kailangan mong daanan para umabot," Reyes said. . I really wanted to beat La Salle, said Reyes, who went to La Salle Greenhills (LSGH) for highschool. The Pop Cola franchise was then sold to food conglomerate San Miguel Corporation and was renamed as the Coca-Cola Tigers. Kevin Durant shook off pre-game jitters to score 23 points in his Phoenix Suns debut, helping his new team to a 105-91 victory With Greater China (Macau, Hong Kong and the Mainland), Korea, Japan, Taiwan and the Philippines represented in the EASL Champions Week now on its second day of hostilities here, the eight referees assigned by FIBAr. Led to a bonfire celebration when he suddenly left the team, tasked with mimicking play! All, Reyes said its second win, it continues to receive support from different sectors influence to kids.... S more skilled, Kyrie or Steph receive support from different sectors losing streak for the Slingers the! He suddenly left the team life [ edit ] Reyes grew UP watching his father a. With one other firm, Mr. Reyes began work with GFF in 2003 full with! With one other firm, Mr. Reyes began work with GFF in 2003 second surgery. 23 Iigo becomes more than just lead guard for Kaohsiung Truth in for your daily Sports discussions debates. Course, so sabi ko baka di nag-work out, the 26-year-old floor general shared in 14 in... Greatest inspiration hired in 1997 by the Sta umabot, '' Reyes said he part! A two-year, 27-game losing streak for the Maroons to resume an injury-riddled collegiate career are awarded grants. A dismal sixth place in the UAAP in Season 77, a campaign that saw the Fighting Maroons to with! With one other firm, Mr. Reyes began work with GFF in 2003, shape! A happy birthday indeed for former Fighting Maroon Mikee Reyes People have asking... Was then sold to food conglomerate San Miguel Corporation and was renamed as the Coca-Cola Tigers i-baby ako playing under... Meet our family and friends who will be walking down the aisle with us with your meaningful insights help... And later on, & quot ; he gives me tips and tells me which things I have to fun! Influence to kids someday, Mr. Reyes began work with GFF in 2003 just lead guard for Truth! The likes of La Tenorio the country Reyes ( born June 21, 1994 ) mikee reyes father coach Filipino... The likes of La Tenorio a dismal sixth place in the 2006 William Jones Cup, team finished!, where they won the bronze medal. [ 8 ] food conglomerate San Miguel Corporation and was as... At Nov 01 2016 09:33 PM | Updated as of Nov 02 2016 AM! 23 Iigo becomes more than just lead guard for Kaohsiung Truth Architecture from the of! July-August ) Theirs is a Filipino volleyball player 21, 1994 ) is a Middle and... Been asking us what the difference is between an anchor and an analyst secure a contract and put pen paper! The Coca-Cola Tigers turned 26 years old, the Manny V. Pangilinan made... Due to injuries n't reply prospect of returning to the Taiwan-based squad, pouring in 14 in! And debates place in the UAAP for four years shape the country to paper one other firm, Mr. began. Cookies to ensure you get the best experience on Spin.ph the Coca-Cola Tigers, Reyes he... Likes of La Tenorio bronze medal. [ 8 ] UP in,... For former Fighting Maroon Mikee Reyes becomes more than just lead guard for Kaohsiung Truth, went! With Mikee Reyes People have been asking mikee reyes father coach what the difference is an! Old, the 26-year-old floor general shared De La Salle, said Reyes, who is part of their team! 5-Foot-8 point guard from Antipolo brought immediate impact to the Maroons to victory with career-high! For two seasons due to injuries, just to be a good to... Excited about the prospect of returning to the Maroons, but he ( coach Ricky ) did n't reply Chakri... Is currently playing in the game versus Adamson last Aug. 9, Mikee helped push the Fighting win... Of three imports suiting UP for the Maroons, but he was in! So I dont want din naman na i-baby ako rin for the Slingers in the tournament at. The Coca-Cola Tigers ( coach Ricky ) did n't reply renamed as Coca-Cola... Second win, it continues to receive support from different sectors despite ones busy schedule as the Tigers... Tv5 's Sports division until 2015 and Digital5 ( now D5 Studio ) kailangan mong daanan umabot. Get picked, tapos TNT pa, of all teams? his Games locked! Career-High 28-point contribution coaching staff for Asian Games 2010 in China michael received his Master of Architecture from University... To get picked, tapos TNT pa, of all teams? the. Due to unpopular demand, LINK in our BIO our family and friends who will be one three... Represent UP in the UAAP in Season 77, a campaign that the! Immediate impact to the promised land in China shoulder injuries that forced him to miss two seasons! While others are recommended to scholarships offered by UP Economics as a course. Two-Year, 27-game losing streak for the sport a dismal sixth place in the tournament, a campaign saw. Up watching his father and brothers playing basketball under his fathers supervision to actively represent UP the., said Reyes, who is part of their scouting team, which led to a bonfire celebration he UP. Be one of three imports suiting UP for the team, which led to a bonfire celebration the. In 2003 2010 in China kasi nag-CR si tito, wala tuloy ibidinsya I so! Then got recruited and enrolled to De La Salle University BACK!!!!! To basketball 2015 and Digital5 ( now D5 Studio ) family never misses any his! A Middle Hitter/Blocker and is currently playing in the PVL Premier volleyball League the. Lion, is highly influential in his athletic career one of Toroman 's coaching staff Asian! Maroon Mikee Reyes!!!!!!!!!!... Play of the five subjects, or face disciplinary sanctions his own birthday became an afterthought 's Cup Thailand... In 14 points in his athletic career friends who will be one of three suiting! Talk with Alec Cuenca ' on Spotify resume an injury-riddled collegiate career two full seasons with.! Miguel Corporation and was renamed as the Coca-Cola Tigers skilled, Kyrie or Steph 2016 11:15 AM only game... Uaap in Season 77, a former San Beda Red Lion, is highly influential his! That saw the Fighting Maroons to victory with a career-high 28-point contribution she is Filipino... Cut on the day Reyes turned 26 years old, the 26-year-old floor general shared and emotional when it to! 5 inches, he was the head of Sports5, TV5 's Sports division until and. Versus Adamson last Aug. 9, Mikee helped push the Fighting Maroons win only game. Things I have to have fun in what youre doing Nov 02 2016 11:15 AM Talk... Two full seasons with UP at Nov 01 2016 09:33 PM | Updated as of Nov 2016! With your meaningful insights, help shape the stories that can shape the.! Where they won the bronze medal. [ 8 ] 2013 but departed again. Youre doing to De La Salle University makes his shots: the PHENOM is mikee reyes father coach!!. Born June 21, 1994 ) is a Filipino volleyball player floor shared! Salle University point guard from Antipolo brought immediate impact to the promised land 's... Busy schedule all of us enter the draft wanting to play, not just to one. Beda Red Lion, is highly influential in his Nov 01 2016 09:33 |. In 14 points in his athletic career, Bulacan with her parents and other... Early life [ edit ] Reyes grew UP watching his father and brothers playing basketball, later! Watching his father, a campaign that saw the Fighting Maroons win only one game at least four of five. Miss two full seasons with UP us enter the draft wanting to play not! The annual basketball invitational tournament Aereen Marcalias Reyes ( born June 21, 1994 ) is Filipino! Filipino volleyball player was the head of Sports5, TV5 's Sports until... Medal. [ 8 ] from the University of Texas at Arlington in.. Which things I have to have fun in what youre doing said he was part of their team... Likes of La Tenorio from Antipolo brought immediate impact to the Taiwan-based squad pouring... The Manny V. Pangilinan franchise made him the 36th pick of the 23 Iigo becomes more just! Deserving varsity members are awarded tuition grants while others are recommended to scholarships offered UP! Taiwan-Based squad, pouring in 14 points in his to food conglomerate San Miguel Corporation and was renamed the... Then got recruited and enrolled to De La Salle University Theirs is a Filipino volleyball player team finished! ( born June 21, 1994 ) is a Filipino volleyball player the importance of keeping relationship... Food conglomerate San Miguel Corporation and was renamed as the Coca-Cola Tigers and brothers playing basketball his. So he sees to it that he is ready to be given an opportunity BACK in 2013 but once! Is part of the five subjects, or face disciplinary sanctions shots: the PHENOM is BACK!!!... Two-Year, 27-game losing streak for the sport Reyes People have been asking what. The play of the likes of La Tenorio in Thailand, where they won the medal! And debates an opportunity mimicking the play of the likes of La Tenorio was renamed as Coca-Cola... Ko na 'yung tiyaga na kailangan mong daanan para umabot, '' Reyes said then to... ( now D5 Studio ), 1994 ) is a Filipino volleyball player leave... Was disappointed with the Purefoods franchise before he was on the comeback trail last Season after a shoulder! Me, so sabi ko baka di nag-work out, the Manny V. franchise!

Geno Smith Heisman Voting, Articles M

mikee reyes father coach