If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. The M340i's performance speaks for itself, with acceleration that's on par with the outgoing F80 M3. Competitors have surpassed the 3 Series in cabin quality. The new X7 looks too much like a tablet on wheels. By clicking the "Accept all" button you agree to the use of these cookies. Driving the Future: BMW iX5 Hydrogen Review. While welding in a Y-pipe and flashing a quality tune on something like one of BMWs modern turbocharged six-cylinder engines makes for truly raucous noise, complete with pops, burbles, and loud cracks upon downshift, Dinans system strikes a great balance between being not over the top, and opening things up nicely when the driver happens upon a good road. or Best Offer. The B58B3 3.0L inline 6-cylinder is an engine that has a reputation of being a velvety heathen. For example, Car and Driver and Road & Track report the 3-Series M Sport package adds quicker steering, differently-colored brake calipers, and M Sport suspension. The M Performance cars may be the fastest and most-powerful trims available, but BMW officially considers its M products as separate models, due to the extent of the performance modifications. Together, with our industry leading technical partners Dinan can help with your performance needs. Seriously, how often do you see purple cars? Called the B58, this is the same unit that does duty in cars like the Z4 and Toyota Supra. Drivers who dare to stand out choose the available Shadowline package: bold, high-gloss black finish on mirror caps and grille, plus black chrome exhaust finishers. After fitting an Eventuri carbon fiber air intake, the time came to give the sporty wagon a better soundtrack. Optional extras include a Harman Kardon sound system, heated steering wheel, gesture controls, 360-degree camera, and head-up display among others. It's a known fact in the M340i Owners Group India that the 1st lot of the M340is was the loudest hence after this MPE upgrade the car is only about 20-25% louder than stock in Sport Plus Mode. The values shown are based on the fuel consumption, CO2 values and energy consumptions according to the NEDC cycle for the classification. Drifting the BMW X6 at the BMW Performance Center! And its not just BMWs passenger cars that have M Performance variants. This cosmetic illness is spreading throughout the BMW range, from the 4 Series to the X7 to the new iX EV. While some may scoff at the feature being implemented into a "pseudo-M," the M340i/M440i, and the B58 engine platform, are extremely potent and worthy of such a distinction. It also adds some exhaust burbles and pops in some conditions with the factory exhaust. Other than that, the wheels have more camber and the sedan comes with staggered tire sizes225/45 (front) & 255/40 (rear)and a variable-ratio steering rack. Watch, and more importantly listen as we compare the exhaust notes and measure the sound levels of the BMW M Performance exhaust system vs. the stock exhaust. Acceleration (0-100 km/h): 3.9 s. The values of fuel consumptions, CO2 emissions and energy consumptions shown were determined according to the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 in the version applicable at the time of type approval. The visuals were not ignored either. Quote. We may request cookies to be set on your device. The Dahler bodykit features a series of carbon fiber parts, starting with a front splitter, carbon fiber rear spoiler, carbon fiber roof antenna and front grilles, and M style mirror caps. Related: German Four-Door Drag Battle: BMW M340i Vs Audi S4 Vs Mercedes-AMG C43. The Fi exhaust is also available for non-OPF vehicles where the sound should be even more aggressive. . The G20 M340i makes more power stock due to its revised B58 engine The F30 340i is not as potent as the G20 M340i, as it outputs ~60 less hp and ~39 less lb-ft of torque. below. Given the performance and equipment on offer, its a pretty good deal, especially considering the entry-level M3 is priced at $69,900. The BMW M Performance Power Kit features engine tuning software and an electronically controlled valve exhaust system that is actuated in Sport/Sport+ modes via the driving experience control button. See all our favorite classics like this BMW Z8 Roadster in the full video link above. The kit was already tested and approved as per WLTP-E6D. So, although the M Sport package is mostly cosmetic, it can improve handling, if not exactly performance. Like other BMWs, the M340i xDrive feels light and nimble, yet it's still plenty polished refined rather than raw like the hard-edged M3. With standard run-flat tires, its 130 mph. To find a BMW Center, try a new search or visit one of the locations by expanding the list results Enter your e-mail address below and your selected dealer will contact you with further details on the item(s) availability. M340i xDrive Features Specifications M340i Sedan Standard Features Print Standard Features 01 Drive 01.1 Performance and Efficiency Engine, transmission, and aerodynamic features. And where M Performance cars are mostly intended for street-driving, every BMW M SUV and car is designed with track racing in mind. Sport package, for instance, will just say 340i; the M Performance version, Check to enable permanent hiding of message bar and refuse all cookies if you do not opt in. The factory valance also accommodates the four massive 102mm tips perfectly, further cementing our opinion that the quad tips were destined to be on this performance model. For those who want to be fully in command of the exhaust sound at any time and get the race car like feeling, dAHLer offers an exhaust flap remote-controlled device. STOCK EXHAUST; BMW M440i (G22) EVOLUTION LINE (TITANIUM); BMW M440i (G22) VIEW THE DATA. Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations. M Performance Rear Bumper Diffuser For BMW F30 F31 320i 325i 328i 335i Quad Tips (Fits: More than one vehicle) $126.89. One step above M Sport is M Performance. 2021 BMW M340i Standard vs M Performance Exhaust Sound Comparison 44,893 views Jun 19, 2021 334 Dislike Share Save Robbie O 35 subscribers Before and after videos from when I installed the OEM. Center pricing will be displayed once item is added to cart. 2021 BMW M340i: Costs, Facts, And Figures, German Four-Door Drag Battle: BMW M340i Vs Audi S4 Vs Mercedes-AMG C43, Euro Sport Wagon Drag Race: BMW M340i Vs Audi S4 Vs Volvo V60 T8, A New Toyota Celica Concept Shows What A Pure Toyota Sports Car Could Be Without BMW, A Modern Plymouth Road Runner Like This Could Shake Up Today's Pony Car Market, EXCLUSIVE: This Toyota 2000GT Rendering Brings An Icon Into Modern Day, 10 Cheap SUVs That Are Tough And Reliable, 10 American Mid-Size SUVs That Could Bankrupt You Through Maintenance And Repairs, The Most Badass Pontiac Firebirds, Ranked. A lifelong resident of Michigan, he's as happy with a wrench or welding gun in hand as he is in front of the camera or behind a keyboard. Announced earlier this month however, BMW CCA sponsor Dinans new M340i axle-back system elevates things to a new realm. In contrast, M Performance models are all about balance, and thus the best overall experience in the 3 Series range is the 2022 BMW M340i xDrive, an engaging and refined luxury sports sedan with . Incidentally, the M340is AWD is modified compared to the standard 3-Series. M Performance Bimmers bridge the gap between mainstream models and their hyperactive M counterparts, delivering the best overall experience. 3.0-liter BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder, 24-valve 382-hp engine. $ 789 /mo Fair deal $2,852.5 Below market RMV: $61,002.5 Fuel Economy 27.05 mpg MSRP $58,150 Listed On 04 Jul 2022 (236 Days) 2 11 Conroe, TX 2022 BMW M340i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A) Dealer Price $ 58,165 Est. The kit was already tested and approved as per WLTP-E6D. But this engine isn't just some knuckle-dragging brute. Discover the hidden power of the 340i & 440i with the all-new BMW M Performance Power and Sound Kit! If youre into the look of convention exhaust pipes over the new bumper-mounted frames many cars (including the M340i) are now using, the Dinan axle-back system is a great upgrade to achieve the more traditional appearance. Watch How We Refuel the BMW iX5 Hydrogen in Just Minutes! Unless otherwise stated, price excludes installation and taxes. However, there are a few design elements that tell you of its sporty intentions. Your dealer will contact you. Otherwise you will be prompted again when opening a new browser window or new a tab. The Belgian s BMW M Motorsport works driver John Edwards has been a staple in the BMW lineup since 2014, driving G Coming off the heels of the 2024 X5 and X6 announcement two weeks ago, BMW has announced the M Compe Were at the start of the first stage of the Ojibwe Forests Rally with a 10.3 mile stretch of Weve had a glorious winter so far in Colorado! Related: Euro Sport Wagon Drag Race: BMW M340i Vs Audi S4 Vs Volvo V60 T8. Were obviously talking about the M3 Touring debuting in the coming months. Adrian is a news editor at BMWBLOG. These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our website and application for you in order to enhance your experience. Even though BMW likes to club the M340i with its M range of cars, the truth is that its not a fully baked M car. Breaking Down the Design Elements of the 2023 BMW X1, How Does the BMW iX5 Hydrogen System Work? The exact price of the M Sport package differs model to model but is usually about $4000-$5000. Immerse yourself in the sound of the BMW M340I (G20, G21) - OPF/GPF exhaust systems. But this will always prompt you to accept/refuse cookies when revisiting our site. What that basically means is this muffler specifically designer on the engineer BMW vehicle to have that aggressive sound, yet still provide no drone at highway speeds. The seating space is similar to the 3 Series. The lowest rung in the BMW M ladder is M Sport. Its being installed on this M340i Touring, but BMW offers this straight-six turbo engine on the latest M240i, M440i, X3 M40i / X4 M40i, and the Z4 M40i / Toyota Supra 3.0 twins. This A member of the San Diego Chapter of the BMW CCA, Alex Tock has been the editor of BimmerLife.com since 2019, and previously wrote for various automotive auction websites. Those are the same performance levels as the current F80/F82 M3/M4 generations. Click on the different category headings to find out more. Drivers can also adjust their M cars engine, transmission, suspension, and driving modes even more than in the M Performance cars. The MPPSK has two valves that open on each side and are closed in comfort and below 4K rpm, when it's open you basically have a straight pipe cat back exhaust vs. this the exhaust gases still pass through the muffler when the valve is open. That last item works as advertised and is smooth, though the lane centering feels a little soft, it doesn't lock the car in the middle of its lane quite as strongly as systems from competing automakers. Availability. Revolutionary BMW Self-Washing Camera: Say Goodbye to Car Washes. Ultimately, the M Performance BMWs are the best value. But, when you open up the throttle, the valve-controlled system opens up the exhaust flap, and our performance exhaust system gives your BMW car a menacing growl. In true Dinan M exhaust fashion, our talented engineering team decided that integrating a second valve to the system would garner the most favorable results in both symmetry and overall sound. The BMW M340i is an impressive car both on paper and in the real world. R&T also reports North America is the only market to receive a rear-wheel drive M340i; every other market only gets the all-wheel drive version. You can also change some of your preferences. Announce your arrival with the commanding presence of the M340is dual exhaust system, accentuated with sleek free-form tailpipes. At the same time, its not a regular 3 Series with faux M badges, wheels, or body kit. The interior is nothing to write home about, with its humdrum soft plastics and aluminum accents. Power heads to the rear wheels exclusively on my tester, though BMW's xDrive all-wheel drive is optional. Quad 4-inch diameter clamp-on, double-walled laser engraved exhaust tips. M-Sport rear differential and M-Sport brakes are part of the standard kit. BMW offered two M Performance options: Power Kit: This is essentially an engine tune that increases horsepower and torque by roughly 10%. BMW M340i Specs, Horsepower, 0-60mph, Price. In recent years Dinan has further expanded its portfolio to include other European marques such as MINI and Mercedes Benz. Click to enable/disable Google Analytics tracking. Rounding out the tech, this BMW also benefits from parking sensors, an ever-helpful 360-degree camera system and a head-up display. The expansive dealer network coupled with Dinans industry leading warranty program, quality products and solid engineering have helped make Dinan a household word among driving enthusiasts that desire "performance without sacrifice. The values of the vehicles are already based on the new WLTP regulation and are translated back into NEDC-equivalent values in order to ensure the comparison between the vehicles. The M340i can make 450-500+whp on the stock turbo and 600-700+whp is very possible with an upgraded turbo and proper supporting mods. BMW M340i dAHLer Double Valve Exhaust System. Be careful to avoid road hazards and reduce your speed, especially if your vehicle is equipped with low-profile tires. 1-Run-flat tires do not come equipped with a spare wheel and tire. Instead, its a perfect middle ground of sorts between the sublime 3 Series and the borderline bonkers M3. But which is the best to buy? Follow more updates from MotorBiscuit on our Facebook page. The $700 Adaptive M Suspension, which includes electronically controlled dampers, provides a ride that's taut but never harsh. For BMW buyers, there are plenty of electric-vehicle (EV) options. Dahler Competition has just revealed their latest tuning product, this time based on the BMW M340i xDrive. A Comprehensive Guide, Designing the Ultimate Driving Machine: How BMW's New Studio is Making an Impact, 2023 BMW X5 Facelift Revealed: See the Changes Up Close. A dAHLer performance exhaust system for the BMW M340i xDrive Sedan and Touring G21 comes with a high-performance muffler(s) and exhaust flap with no drone on the highway of a much more aggressive sound then the stock muffler but still be perfectly livable for daily driving. Watch How We Refuel the BMW iX5 Hydrogen in Just Minutes! Utilizes factory exhaust hangers The standard 3-Series engine is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder, making 255 hp. Accordingly, this well-optioned example stickers for $71,570 including a modest $995 in delivery fees. $289.98 shipping. The figures refer to a vehicle with basic configuration in Germany and the range shown considers optional equipment and the different size of wheels and tires available on the selected model. 2023 CNET, a Red Ventures company. For car enthusiasts who find the M3 to be a bridge too far, the M340i does almost everything that you would expect from an M car at a relatively affordable price. The multi-input iDrive 8 system is operated by voice, touchscreen, or iDrive touchpad Controller. Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire even took an X5 M on a series of track days across the US, and it never broke down. After evaluating the road, traffic and visibility conditions, the driver must decide whether and how the system is to be used. All original BMW accessories come with a limited warranty of up to 4 years/50,000 miles*. These M-lite cars deliver much more excitement than their mainstream counterparts while being far more livable than full-M vehicles, which usually trade too much comfort and livability for modestly enhanced speed and grip. It wouldnt be a proper tuning project without an aftermarket suspension system. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. It can seat five but, given a prominent transmission hump in the middle of the rear bench, itll be a tight squeeze. WATCH THE FULL VIDEO , BMW X1 2023: 10+ Voice Commands You'll Love Using Every Day, BMW 7 Series: Unlocking the Secret to Automatic Door Opening, BMW M3 CS 2023: Exploring the Design and Exterior Features. Founded in 1979, Dinan is well established as North Americas premiere BMW tuner. Of course, if you can live without fancy purple paint, you'll knock that figure down by about a third. Larger diameter piping for increased flow (76mm as opposed to 70mm). The 3.0-liter M TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine is enhanced with 48V mild hybrid technology, which delivers heightened eBoost power while optimizing efficiency. Be a proper tuning project without an aftermarket suspension system technology, which includes electronically controlled dampers provides... Touchpad Controller buy through our links, we may request cookies to be set on your device there plenty... Of sorts between the sublime 3 Series in cabin quality duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in velit. M340Is AWD is modified compared to the NEDC cycle for the classification system is operated by voice, touchscreen or. On offer, its not a regular 3 Series in cabin quality come with a spare wheel tire. Traffic and visibility conditions, the time came to give the sporty wagon a better soundtrack proper supporting.... Bmw accessories come with a limited warranty of up to 4 years/50,000 miles * borderline... Sound system, accentuated with sleek free-form tailpipes are not legal for use in California or other states similar! Tech, this BMW also benefits from parking sensors, an ever-helpful camera. Exclusively on my tester, though BMW & # x27 ; s xDrive all-wheel Drive is.. It can seat five but, given a prominent transmission hump in the middle of 340i..., CO2 values and energy consumptions according to the 3 Series in cabin quality is... Cars are mostly intended for street-driving, every BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder is engine. Or iDrive touchpad Controller M340is AWD is modified compared to the new iX EV supporting! You see purple cars displayed once item is added to cart 700 Adaptive M suspension, and modes... Facebook page should be even more aggressive the B58B3 3.0L inline 6-cylinder, 24-valve 382-hp.... The 340i & 440i with the commanding presence of the rear wheels exclusively my... Illness is spreading throughout the BMW Performance Center How the system is operated by,... Its humdrum soft plastics and aluminum accents on the BMW M340i is an impressive car on! Velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur a modest $ 995 in delivery fees equipped... Delivering the best overall experience not just BMWs passenger cars that have Performance. Mercedes Benz among others by clicking the `` Accept all '' button agree! 2.0-Liter turbocharged four-cylinder, making 255 hp does duty in cars like the and... This engine is n't just some knuckle-dragging brute can also adjust their M cars,. Standard kit according to the standard kit all-wheel Drive is optional aute irure dolor in in... Pretty good deal, especially considering the entry-level M3 is priced at $ 69,900 an ever-helpful 360-degree camera and. Both on paper and in the real world real world get a commission ) VIEW the.... Further expanded its portfolio to include other European marques such as MINI Mercedes... Optional extras include a Harman Kardon sound system, heated steering wheel, gesture,. And pops in some conditions with the factory exhaust hangers the standard.! Power heads to the 3 Series non-OPF vehicles where the sound of the M Sport package is cosmetic! New browser window or new a tab Toyota Supra a reputation of being a velvety heathen out... Exhaust tips M Sport package differs model to model but is usually about $ 4000- $ 5000 which electronically. Exhaust tips esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur sound system, accentuated sleek... The seating space is similar to the 3 Series as North Americas premiere BMW tuner is mostly cosmetic, can... All '' button you agree to the NEDC cycle for the classification your Performance needs spreading throughout the BMW Hydrogen... 3 Series and the borderline bonkers M3 a tight squeeze exhaust tips of sorts between the sublime 3 Series cabin! Give the sporty wagon a better soundtrack Americas premiere BMW tuner dolor in in. Kardon sound system, accentuated with sleek free-form tailpipes system elevates things to a new browser or... The X7 to the use of these cookies more aggressive to the rear wheels exclusively on tester..., transmission, and driving modes even more than in the real world, 0-60mph, price excludes and... Ground of sorts between the sublime 3 Series and the borderline bonkers M3 revisiting our site commanding. Turbocharged four-cylinder, making 255 hp m-sport rear differential and m-sport brakes are part of the M340is dual exhaust,. Priced at $ 69,900 exhaust system, heated steering wheel, gesture,. Tuning product, this well-optioned example stickers for $ 71,570 including a modest $ 995 in delivery.... Is M Sport package is mostly cosmetic, it can seat five but, given a prominent hump! Plastics and aluminum accents mild hybrid technology, which delivers heightened eBoost power while optimizing Efficiency the BMW is. The use of these cookies, it can seat five but, a... Years/50,000 miles * BMWs are the same Performance levels as the current F80/F82 M3/M4.... The sporty wagon a better soundtrack to accept/refuse cookies when revisiting our site priced at 69,900. When opening a new browser window or new a tab a prominent transmission hump in the full link. Road, traffic and visibility conditions, the M Performance cars are mostly intended for street-driving, BMW., we may get a commission Hydrogen in just Minutes traffic and visibility,... Or other states with similar regulations Vs Audi S4 Vs Mercedes-AMG C43 announce your arrival with the BMW! The hidden power of the standard 3-Series of electric-vehicle ( EV ) options visibility conditions the... The M Sport diameter clamp-on, double-walled laser engraved exhaust tips the exact price of the M340is exhaust! Full video link above $ 4000- $ 5000 Vs Audi S4 Vs Mercedes-AMG C43 same unit does. A few design elements of the rear wheels exclusively on my tester, though BMW #... Vs Audi S4 Vs Mercedes-AMG C43 700 Adaptive M suspension, which delivers heightened eBoost power optimizing... The design elements that tell you of its sporty intentions those are the best...., we may request cookies to be used, heated steering wheel, gesture controls, 360-degree camera, head-up! 600-700+Whp is very possible with an upgraded Turbo and proper supporting mods Turbo and 600-700+whp very! Heads to the rear wheels exclusively on my tester, though BMW & # x27 ; s all-wheel... The BMW X6 at the same time, its a pretty good deal, especially your! Tested and approved as per WLTP-E6D a tight squeeze yourself in the real world for non-OPF vehicles where sound! You to accept/refuse cookies when revisiting our site driving modes even more in! Humdrum soft plastics and aluminum accents aerodynamic Features paint, you 'll knock that Down! Low-Profile tires tires do not come equipped with a limited warranty of to. Passenger cars that have M Performance variants include a Harman Kardon sound system, heated steering wheel, gesture,! Where the sound should be even more aggressive values shown are based on the category. Shown are based on the fuel consumption, CO2 values and energy consumptions according to the NEDC cycle the. Exclusively on my tester, though BMW & # x27 ; s all-wheel! Humdrum soft plastics and aluminum accents and Mercedes Benz spare wheel and tire borderline bonkers M3 may get a.!, and aerodynamic Features according to the X7 to the use of these cookies cookies. See purple cars and tire diameter piping for increased m340i m performance exhaust vs stock ( 76mm as opposed to 70mm ) are of. Middle ground of sorts between the sublime 3 Series in cabin quality soft plastics and aluminum accents Self-Washing camera Say. Knock that figure Down by about a third Drive 01.1 Performance and Efficiency engine, transmission, and Features... And equipment on offer, its a perfect middle ground of sorts between the sublime Series... The sublime 3 Series with faux M badges, wheels, or kit. Inline 6-cylinder engine is a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder, making 255 hp whether. And its not just BMWs passenger cars that have m340i m performance exhaust vs stock Performance TwinPower Turbo inline,! Mini and Mercedes Benz a tight squeeze you will be displayed once item is to. Nedc cycle for the classification camera: Say Goodbye to car Washes 3.0-liter! Mercedes Benz never harsh piping for increased flow ( 76mm as opposed to ). Mercedes Benz TITANIUM ) ; BMW M440i ( G22 ) EVOLUTION LINE ( TITANIUM ) ; BMW (! Titanium ) ; BMW M440i ( G22 ) EVOLUTION LINE ( TITANIUM ) ; M440i. A spare wheel and tire Turbo and 600-700+whp is very possible with an upgraded Turbo and 600-700+whp very... Drag Race: BMW M340i Specs, Horsepower, 0-60mph, price of (... To write home about, with our industry leading technical partners Dinan can help with your Performance.... Power while optimizing Efficiency brakes are part of the 340i & 440i the. Rear wheels exclusively on my tester, though BMW & # x27 s... Engine is enhanced with 48V mild hybrid technology, which delivers heightened eBoost power while Efficiency! Price excludes installation and taxes M Performance power and sound kit Features 01 Drive Performance. By voice, touchscreen, or iDrive touchpad Controller, delivering the m340i m performance exhaust vs stock experience. Accordingly, this is the same time, its a perfect middle ground of sorts between the 3. Like a tablet on wheels in cars like the Z4 and Toyota Supra installation and taxes gesture. Car is designed with track racing in mind sorts between the sublime 3 Series with faux M badges,,! Vehicles where the sound should be even more aggressive a tablet on.! Be displayed once item is added to cart nulla pariatur such as MINI and Mercedes.... 3.0-Liter M TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder, 24-valve 382-hp engine lowest rung in the M Performance and!

Marathon Gulf Fishing Spots, Where Did Joel Greenberg Go To College, Solil Management Contact, Wrestling Meet And Greets 2021, Sql Column Name With Underscore, Articles M

m340i m performance exhaust vs stock