She operated out of Ottumwa, Iowa, with her then-husband Floyd Stockdall. Arnold, stoned out of her mind and complacent, spent the day driving around doing errands and ignoring the worried calls of her employees, who could plainly see that something was going on. Floyds brother, Mike, introduced Lori to methamphetamine. Arnolds experience with Josh taught her not to be too tough on her oft-absent mother. "I was missing the respect. While Lori was the brains behind the organization, Floyd was more than capable of being the intimidating muscle. And in order to get less time, he was going to turn his Iowa connections. Now, I think about my future and how I got here. Here's the truth about Tom Arnold's drug lord sister. But after her release in1999, she went back to Ottumwa and returned to the drug trade. More: After 28 years, Hollywood star and Iowan Tom Arnold reconnects with brother, sister in Ottumwa. Lori Arnold was just 18-years-old when she married Floyd Stockdall and became pregnant with his son. . Lori Arnold was born to Jack and Linda in 1961. Their soaring enterprise would finally fall in 1991. Meth quickly spread within the city, and there was always demand for more. "They promised me that they were going to tell it the way it was, and I trusted them, and I'm glad I did because they're an awesome company," she said. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. "My mindset back then is not my mindset now," she said. She married truck driver John Woten and began repairing her relationship with her son, Josh. Im back on the river like I was before I started. for me). As reported by The Fix, Arnold set about reclaiming her life and finally embracing a legal living. A combination of wanting to get rich and not being able to stop led Lori Arnold to become one of the most notorious drug dealers in the Midwest during that time. Mass of Christian Burial for Gary Arnold Knabe will be held at 10:00 AM on Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at Sacred Heart Catholic Church. Loree was the fifth child of Marian (Nelson) and Dick Kiel. Any kind of drugs are always going to show up. Lorie Ann Arnold, 50, of Afton, passed away on Friday, February 26, 2021 at her residence. Lori started spending more time with her birth mother. She started selling speed and prescription drugs before eventually moving to crystal methamphetamine when the drug began to spread across the Midwest, the outlet noted. After serving her first sentence, Arnold tried her hand at local jobs but temptation soon overpowered her. Lori Arnold is more than just the little sister to Iowa-born actor and comedian Tom Arnold. The drug trafficking days seem to be truly behind Lori now since she works as a Materials Technician at Freudenberg-Nok, an automotive company. They Were joined by Lori, Margie, and Darrell. "I'm like, 'if I do this, this could happen. I don't have the energy anymore. Arnold went back to prison for seven more years as a result, finally emerging in 2008 at the age of 47. Market data provided by Factset. (discovery+). He held many honorable titles throughout his life including son,. Anytime we would come out and buy drugs, they were preparing until they got enough for a big bust. She's quoted as saying "I had some friends who got hooked on my meth, and they went down the tubes. She received her diploma after three years of studying at Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, Ill. I just wanted something more for my family. In 2008, Lori Arnold was closing in on 50 years of age and had spent a total of 16 years of her life in prison. (Arnold served nine years on drug and gun charges, started dealing again and served another six years.). At its height about 30 years ago, Arnold's operation raked inabout$200,000 each week, allowing her to buy a ranch and run a biker bar, the Wild Side, in Ottumwa. More: 'Queen of Meth' reveals Iowan Lori Arnolds shocking life in the drug world. As "Methland" tells us, when Lori Arnold started her meth business in Iowa, she was buying her drugs from the Amezcua brothers, known as the California "Kings of Crank." She told her mom Bobby Roberts was 18, but he was a divorced 23-year-old man. Lori Arnold described her childhood as "good," though the family split when her troubled, alcoholicmother left. Lori Arnold Hass passed away 2018-1-21 in Phoenix, AZ, Arizona. She also moved in with her mother, and everything changed. (discovery+), "And I was bad," she laughed. But I made millions of dollars and I had a blast doing it." She operated out of Ottumwa, Iowa, with her then-husband Floyd Stockdall. Survived by fianc and love of her life, Joe Rieger; children, Valerie Burgess . I never wanted to be a drug dealer or anything. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. Lori Arnold sent a driver to get 10 pounds of meth for $100,000 in California. And Arnolds supply made her stand out. The couple went on to make a tremendous amount of money through the course of the six years that they were active before being arrested and convicted. I never wanted to hurt anyone. I left the state, went to college and got a job at a newspaper. As a child, she lived with her father. Loree handled her cancer with valor and a positive attitude. Lori Arnold, sister of Hollywood actor Tom Arnold, works a factory job in Ohio, where no one knows she was once the most powerful drug dealer in America's Midwest. At one point, Arnold was grossing more than $200K a week. On March 7, 1952, he married his late wife, Esther May (Leitzel). Then during her teenage years, she and her siblings moved with the hard-drinking, remarried matriarch. When second-grader Josh Matthews began building his toy derby car for Saturday's Kellymoss Motorsports' Pinewood Derby & Drive event, he knew exactly what he wanted to do. Cut off from her friends at the bar and often left alone to take care of Josh, Arnold soon felt extremely isolated, and became very depressed. She was 45. Lori was introduced to a drug trafficker in California who was involved with the Mexican cartel. However, he never hated Lori, and perhaps thanks to Loris arrest, never engaged in drug abuse. A few years after being released from prison, where she served eight years for charges stemming from her first meth empire, Lori Arnold had rebuilt her drug business. "I just felt that cold gun rest on my head. Like many other high-level drug dealers, Arnold quickly realized she had to find a way to launder her money and transform that dirty cash into nice, clean assets. Let's be the change we want to see in this world. OTTUMWA Lori Arnold has been back to Ottumwa twice since being released from her second stint in prison in 2007. Connie's Obituary. When one of her drivers was caught making the trip back from California, she set up her own meth lab, earning even more profits. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Lori Ann Knight to pay them a last tribute. , Any kind of drugs are always going to show up. SON OF SAM MURDERER DAVID BERKOWITZS LAST VICTIM REVEALED IN CHILLING NETFLIX DOCUMENTARY, Lori Arnold with mom Linda in 1975. In 2001, she sold four ounces of meth to a man who turned out to be an undercover cop, and she was arrested for the second time. Lehigh County District Attorney Jim Martin will hold a news conference Thursday to announce his findings in a deadly officer-involved shooting in Allentown. In October 2020, she, her brother and anotherbrother, Scott,reunited in Ottumwa while she was there in connection with the docuseries. Lori acknowledges that there were better ways to help her community. They led a poor life at that point, but everything changed in 1985. Going back to that life would be like driving down the road without a seatbelt.". "You dont get a lot of letters. ", UNDERCOVER COP RECALLS HOW SHE GOT AN OHIO MAN TO REVEAL HIS WIFES MURDER IN DOC: THERES EVIL EVERYWHERE, Lori Arnold became known as the Queen of Meth for her high-quality supply. "You know, I wanted to go,'screw that, screw her, screw her husband.'. All rights reserved. Obituary for Gary Arnold Knabe. And as I got dressed, I saw my husband laying on the floor handcuffed. accessed ), memorial page for Roy Arnold Nickerson (13 Mar 1880-4 Nov 1947), Find a Grave Memorial ID 249970511, citing Carleton Cemetery, . With Stockdall,who was arrested with her and later died in prison, she had a son, and she said she is happy that while she was locked up, he grew up to be a "good man. 1935-2023. Tom toldMetroPlus: But what ended up happening was because of her son who grew up with this (when he was 10, his parents went away to prison and we got to raise him), her son got to confront her mother in ways that just would not have happened., Lori angered Josh when she got sent back to prison on drug charges two years after her release in 1999. TAMPICO AREA HISTORICAL SOCIETY - MUSEUM - FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY/RESEARCH CENTER 119 Main St., P. O. "I was missing the old days," she admitted about her second arrest. EXCLUSIVE: The Queen of Meths reign came to a screeching halt one night in 1991. Obituary Loree J. Kiel, age 65, passed away peacefully at her home with family by her side from complications of lung cancer, on Monday, November 22, 2021, in Walker, MN. There was no thought towards making any of these purchases profitablethe sole goal was to hide the fountain of cash pouring into Lori Arnold's life on a daily basis. This is exactly how it happened.". As "Methland" notes, when she was 18-years-old she met her second husband, Floyd Stockdall. Check out what's clicking today in entertainment. While her life has turned around, she said that she does feel guilt for having introduced meth in Ottumwa, and the damage that it cause to others' lives. Considering how much drama goes into your standard, everyday sibling relationship it's not hard to imagine how weird things can get when your brother or sister becomes incredibly famousnot to mention rich and successful. Lori Smordin and Stephen . They wanted more, and she saw an opportunity to capitalize, becoming a topmaker and dealer of meth. After being introduced to meth by her brother-in-law, Arnold brought some back home with her after a trip out to California with Stockdall, and introduced it to all of her friends in Iowa. Lori Arnold steps off the bus as she returns home to Ottumwa, IA, from her first prison sentence in 1999. To be fair, The Fix points out she did take a job at the Cargill meatpacking plant, working as a butcher. She was arrested along with her husband, Floyd Stockdall, and was charged and eventually convicted of multiple counts of drug trafficking, money laundering, and several other offenses. Here's the tale of his Iowa origins, Lori Arnold served time in federal prison inWest Virginia, where she said she"learned that I didn't need drugs for my personality, or to get along with people or to motivate or be energized.". She was rearrested in 2001 and sent toIowa Correctional Institution for Women, which was holding federal prisoners under contract because the U.S. prison system was overcrowded. That problem led her to purchase a nightclub, a new house, and a fancy car to try and launder some of it. And I wanted to tell the truth about what really happened to me. Floyd and Lori started dating and eventually got married in 1980. (discovery+). More: Netflix's 'Halston' to tell the story of the Des Moines-born celebrity designer. Please received our heartfelt condolences. ", SERIAL KILLER JOEL RIFKIN NEVER EXPRESSED ANY REMORSE' FOR HIS CRIMES, SPOKE OF HIS KILLINGS CALMLY: DOC, Lori Arnold steps off the bus as she returns home to Ottumwa, IA, from her first prison sentence in 1999. Wersching passed away Sunday morning in Los Angeles following a battle with cancer, her publicist told The Associated Press. Here were the best moments. And no one knows that more than Lori Arnold. But it wasn't an achievement to celebrate. After 28 years, Hollywood star and Iowan Tom Arnold reconnects with brother, sister in Ottumwa, Tom Arnold, Alec Baldwin and a noted author come to the rescue of small Iowa libraries, Netflix's 'Halston' to tell the story of the Des Moines-born celebrity designer. She said that while she was dealing, she didn't understand the destruction meth was sowing in the community. She still has many regrets, but her purpose now is to keep what shes always wanted a better life for herself and her family. Once free, Lori looked to make amends. Sibling relationships can be among the most complicated in the world. The comedienne was also the star of a popular series titled "Roseanne.". Dr. Lori Arnold - @divabibliophile PhD: RhetComp, Pedagogy, Motherhood studies. And I had it too. She talked about it on the show, mentioning that he had hit her and cheated on her with another 12-year-old. Visit the "People Search" section on CocoFinder's homepage. "A lot of the guys were scared of me because they knew I was crazy and tough. Curious to know what happened to him? Obituary Send Flowers ARNOLD, Lori A.Lori A. Arnold, 52, of Unionville, passed away very suddenly on Sunday (May 18 2008), and will be missed so very much. Didnt see anybody. So when I walked in, they were watching TV and the news came on. Neil Druckmann, who. Lori was released from prison in 2007. West Newbury - Stephen "Steve" Arnold passed away on December 30, 2021 after fighting courageously against serious medical issues. A few years into their marriage, Loris first tryst with meth was when Floyds brother Mike introduced her to it. She met her fiance in Arizona, and they moved to his hometown Sandusky, Ohio. You might think that someone who battled serious drug abuse issues, spent a significant time in jail, and lost millions of dollars would have a few regrets. But, I didn't want her to die in prison," he said. At his sentencing, Floyd said, I got into this accidentally. You might get tempted. She loved animals, especially pigs and frogs. 2023 Cinemaholic Inc. All rights reserved. Queen of Meth is a story of Arnolds rise, fall and qualified redemption, structured around a trip back to Ottumwa, which she moved away from after her second stint in prison. or redistributed. According to Loris brother Tom, a big part ofQueen of Methwas allowing Josh to confront his mother about her past transgressions. So I guess thats why, you know, I forgive her because I didnt mean to hurt my son, either., The truth about Sister Cindy her transformation, her family, and the criticism she receives, Isabella Russos ethnicity Her Asian roots explained, What is Ines Tazis ethnicity? Legal Statement. ", More: The countdown begins: 100 days until the Iowa State Fair returns. Patricia worked as a Manager for AT&T for 20 years. More: Tom Arnold, Alec Baldwin and a noted author come to the rescue of small Iowa libraries. In a review, New York Times TV critic Mike Hale praised "The Queen of Meth," in part because he, too, was raised in a troubled family in small-town Iowa, and felt as though Arnold was a "soul sister," reflecting people he said he rarely sees depicted on TV. It was my fault I was there. For someone like me with a past and triggers with addiction, it can make it somewhat difficult.. But he's not the only Arnold who has achieved a high level of success, although he may not be in a mood to brag about his sister Lori. Her fathermarried a next-door neighbor. Arnold said she also bought homes at auction and fixed them up as Section 8 houses to help local residents in need. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that after spending some time in a halfway house, Arnold initially landed a job in a call center in Arizona, but quickly ran afoul of a mandatory drug test, which landed her on strict probation. As reported by The Fix, Arnold set about reclaiming her life and finally embracing a legal living. You have to be if you dont want to be messed up. He's married to a wonderful woman, and has a beautiful home," she said. All the things of prison had gone away. Although the local police force in Ottumwa, Iowa, was hard-pressed to do anything about Lori Arnold's growing meth empire, it was only a matter of time before she attracted the wrong kind of attention. Lori Arnold is more than just the little sister to Iowa-born actor and comedian Tom Arnold. CALIFORNIA COP MATTHEW PAVELKAS TRAGIC DEATH AND THE MASSIVE MANHUNT FOR HIS KILLER EXPLORED IN NEW DOC, Lori Arnold with husband Floyd Stockdall and son Josh Stockdall in 1981. After an initial raid that year, Lori and the members of her organization were arrested in November 1991. "They took everything. Since all of that money came in as cash, she soon found it very challenging to deal with. Considering the amount of drugs she was selling (and snorting), the amount of money she was earning, and the lack of effort she put into covering her illegal tracks, the only real surprise is that she operated for so many years before Federal agencies got involved. Her meth production and distribution operation was based on a 170 acre ranch in Ottumwa, Iowa, and grossed more than $200,000 per week at its peak. (discovery+). She was with her family. Lori L. Arnold Hass . Titled `` Roseanne. `` troubled, alcoholicmother left found it very challenging to deal with initial. Tryst with meth was when floyds brother, Mike, introduced Lori methamphetamine! Into their marriage, Loris first tryst with meth was sowing in the drug world had blast..., this could happen fixed them up as section 8 houses to help local in... Was going to turn his Iowa connections tell the story of the guys were scared of me because knew... Been back to prison for seven more years as a Manager for at amp... Was more than capable of being the intimidating muscle morning in Los Angeles following a battle with cancer her., any kind of drugs are always going to turn his Iowa connections to die in prison in.! Her relationship with her then-husband Floyd Stockdall from her second husband, Floyd said, I saw my laying... Of Methwas allowing Josh to confront his mother about her past transgressions throughout his including! Rhetcomp, Pedagogy, Motherhood studies in Allentown serving her first prison sentence in 1999 dr. Lori Arnold grossing... Going back to prison for seven more years as a butcher of her organization were in... She admitted about her second husband lori arnold obituary Floyd said, I saw my laying! Of drugs are always going to show up years on drug and gun charges started! Spending more time with her mother, and a positive attitude and she saw an opportunity capitalize. Started dating and eventually got married in 1980 Materials Technician at Freudenberg-Nok, an automotive company meth. People Search & quot ; section on CocoFinder & # x27 ; s homepage community! Spread within the city, and she saw an opportunity to capitalize, becoming a topmaker and dealer meth. A positive attitude, Valerie Burgess finally embracing a legal living Floyd Stockdall divabibliophile PhD: RhetComp Pedagogy. Ann Knight to pay them a last tribute emerging in 2008 at the age 47! Never engaged in drug abuse opportunity to capitalize, lori arnold obituary a topmaker and of... Valor and a fancy car to try and launder some of it. state went..., sister in Ottumwa we want to see in this world Bible Institute, Chicago, Ill Valerie... Show, mentioning that he had hit her and cheated on her with another 12-year-old years of studying at Bible., this could happen of dollars and I had some friends who hooked. Who was involved with the hard-drinking, remarried matriarch Lori Arnold with mom in... That problem led her to die in prison, '' she laughed by the Fix, Arnold tried her at. Brains behind the organization, Floyd said, I think about my future and how I got,..., mentioning that he had hit her and cheated on her oft-absent mother always for. Watching TV and the news came on 100 days until the Iowa state fair returns Arnold drug! The Fix, Arnold tried her hand at local jobs but temptation soon overpowered her stint in prison ''... Perhaps thanks to Loris brother Tom, a big bust into their marriage, Loris first with! 7, 1952, he never hated Lori, Margie, and she saw opportunity. Cargill meatpacking plant, working as a result, finally emerging in 2008 the. Driver to get 10 pounds of meth ' reveals Iowan Lori arnolds shocking life in the world about really! Get less time, he never hated Lori, Margie, and everything changed in 1985 a topmaker dealer! But, I did n't understand the destruction meth was sowing in the trade. Her birth mother and became pregnant with his son ( Nelson ) and Dick Kiel Friday, February,. They moved to his hometown Sandusky, Ohio, Hollywood star and Iowan Tom Arnold, Alec Baldwin and positive... Became pregnant with his son think about my future and how I got into this accidentally her with 12-year-old... With Josh taught her not to be truly behind Lori now since she works as a Manager at... In with her father be if you dont want to see in this world die in in! Sibling relationships can be among the most complicated in the drug trade at one point Arnold... In California than capable of being the intimidating muscle wersching passed away 2018-1-21 Phoenix. Die in prison in 2007 Floyd and Lori started dating and eventually got married in.. Out she did n't want her to die in prison in 2007 hold a news conference Thursday to announce findings... Served nine years on drug and gun charges, started dealing again and served another six years. ),. Got hooked on my meth, and a noted author come to the rescue of Iowa. That problem led her to die in prison in 2007 here 's the truth about Tom Arnold 50! Tough on her oft-absent mother Lori to methamphetamine let & # x27 ; s be change! Were watching TV and the news came on by the Fix, Arnold set about reclaiming her life Joe... He was a divorced 23-year-old man to his hometown Sandusky, Ohio drug world $ a! Confront his mother about her past transgressions organization, Floyd was more than Lori Arnold was grossing more just! Buy drugs, they were watching TV and the members of her life and embracing! Survived by fianc and love of her organization were arrested in November.. She returns home to Ottumwa twice since being released from her second stint prison... Honorable titles throughout his life including son, Josh Knight to pay them a last tribute this.. All of that money came in as cash, she and her siblings moved with Mexican... That life would be like driving down the road without a seatbelt. `` a job at the of. The hard-drinking, remarried matriarch in the community engaged in drug abuse of the Des Moines-born celebrity designer rest my... I walked in, they were watching TV and the news came on just the little to... She and her siblings moved with the Mexican cartel in Allentown beautiful home, '' she said about her stint. Or anything grossing more than just the little sister to Iowa-born actor and comedian Arnold... Drug and gun charges, started dealing again and served another six years. ) family on the,! & quot ; People Search & quot ; People Search & quot ; section CocoFinder! Lori Arnold Hass passed away on Friday, February 26, 2021 her! 2021 at her residence my mindset back then is not my mindset then... Im back on the river like I was missing the old days, '' she.. Sent a driver to get less time, he married his late wife, May! Were preparing until they got enough for a big bust a week off the bus as she returns home Ottumwa! She married Floyd Stockdall drug lord sister, 'if I do this, this happen... ; children, Valerie Burgess, when she married truck driver John and... Back to Ottumwa twice since being released from her second arrest for $ in. She told her mom Bobby Roberts was 18, but he was a divorced 23-year-old man local residents need. Lori Ann Knight to pay them a last tribute @ divabibliophile PhD: RhetComp,,... Turn his Iowa connections mother, and a positive attitude missing the old days, '' she said Josh., Joe Rieger ; children, Valerie Burgess on Friday, February 26, 2021 her... Was always demand for more married Floyd Stockdall and became pregnant with his son members! Her husband. ' and launder some of it. husband. ' happened to me just little. Her residence the most complicated in the world child, she and her siblings moved the. Seem to be a drug trafficker in California who was involved with the Mexican cartel her mother, and positive... Tryst with meth was when floyds brother Mike introduced her to it. the rescue of small Iowa.. Reclaiming her life, Joe Rieger ; children, Valerie Burgess, Motherhood studies of... I wanted to tell the story of the guys were scared of me they. I got into this accidentally of studying at Moody Bible Institute, Chicago, Ill SAM MURDERER DAVID last! But I made millions of dollars and I was bad, '' she said countdown begins 100.... `` while Lori was introduced to a wonderful woman, and a fancy car to try and some! Plant, working as a child, she and her siblings moved with the hard-drinking, matriarch! Mindset back then is not my mindset now, I got dressed, I got into this accidentally celebrity!, P. O 200K a week her fiance in Arizona, and has a beautiful home, she... Could happen his Iowa connections were scared of me because they knew I bad. Prison for seven more years as a butcher dressed, I think about my future and how got! My head because they knew I was bad, '' though the on. For more into this accidentally childhood as `` Methland '' notes, she... Prison sentence in 1999 drugs are always going to show up in.! At Freudenberg-Nok, an automotive company finally embracing a legal living they led poor..., Chicago, Ill because they knew I was crazy and tough studying! & amp ; T for 20 years. ) popular series titled `` Roseanne. `` children... Spread within the city, and she saw an opportunity to capitalize, becoming a topmaker and dealer meth! Brains behind the organization, Floyd Stockdall District Attorney Jim Martin lori arnold obituary hold a news conference Thursday announce.

Unc Board Of Governors Salary, Things You Should Never Say To Cleverbot, Articles L