Its a city and a football club that revel in playing the victim, and lets be honest they love to wear hillsborough as a badge, ignoring for a moment that htose 96 lives lost affected everyone in football. Guess not. I get you dont like WHAT it says or HOW its said, but your comment rings hollow. > This is an extended version of an article that originally appeared in The Times. I am proud of the support Evertonians have offered across the Park and to the innocent families who have carried the awful burden and indescribable pain of Hillsborough. valorant merch store; liverpool heysel hypocrisy. Yet surely, after 30 years, it's time for English football to face up to this shame. But questions undoubtedly remain about the Heysel Stadium disaster, in which 39 spectators 32 from Italy, four from Belgium, two from France, one from Northern Ireland were killed in a stampede before the 1985 European Cup final between Liverpool and Juventus. If you think that windows only ever get smashed at Anfield then you obviously dont get to many games Michael. But what about Heysel, the other major tragedy involving Liverpool fans in the 1980s? madewell brand ambassador. ritual a santa clara para abrir los caminos; can you fail parallel parking and still pass in georgia; couples massage orange county; Their are bad people in every city and all we can do is apologise. A total of 34 people were arrested and questioned with 26 Liverpool fans being charged with manslaughter the only extraditable offence applicable to events at Heysel. I was taken there and operated on while still in my kit red shirt, shorts, socks, the boots, the whole shebang. To this day neither of us will attend a Chelsea v Liverpool match. @ Schwarzie Long, if you were in a taxi, why would you be asking for directions. (These, incidentally, do not tend to be described as Liverpool supporters in part because of claims at the time from John Smith, the clubs chairman, and two Merseyside councilors that National Front members from London had been responsible. It really pisses you off that were going to win it this year, doesnt it? + @DanielArsenal1 for the design work.https://t.co/U0QMxuSNMv#VCC pic.twitter.com/xaT53BtXvJ, \\\ SHE WORE \\\ (@SheWore) March 8, 2021, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), David Moyes and the implications forArsenal, David Moyes and the implications for Arsenal | She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, SheWore.com hits 2,000,000 views Thank You | She Wore A Yellow Ribbon, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJL8EQKlv7s, Gordon Potter needs to keep Mikel Arteta's name out of his mouth, Arsenal new boys doing their bit in the title challenge. Cry some more. Of the hundreds of Liverpool fans who joined the stampede, only a handful were punished. Arsenal: 172m. Clutching at straws there headhunter. The location on the edge of the car park is in my view disrespectful but better than nothing. However, an investigation did concede that some culpability lay. The remaining ten defendants were acquitted of manslaughter, but some had their 2,000 bail money confiscated, having been absent for part of the trial. funeral directors southend; penalty charge notice costs; johns manville headquarters address; Hello world! Fair play because you responded to every point in a calm and balanced manner. 4. When I asked at the stadium tour office and at the Juve museum where the memorial was nobody knew. Mark Lawrenson. The first: it wasn't English supporters who died. Yet you're unlikely to hear many people demanding justice today. Captains at start of match, Liverpool, Phil Neal and Juventus, Gaetano Scirea. Hai ragione a dire che quella tragica serata erano tutti da biasimare. In the bush you knew what could happen. @tom, yep no doubt he wanted to leave and of course plenty of rumours, unqualified accounts if why. What a terrible night for football regardless of who you support or who you blame. I agree with Athens that was shocking and shameful, we cannot just blame poor organization not to mention being given 12k tickets the actions of some fans ,made me feel ashamed. Manchester City lost 51.6 million. As players, we werent directly involved in what happened, but we were still representing Liverpool Football Club. Selling their own fake tickets for 1,000. I remember being waved into the stadium by the police without being asked to show our tickets, and at a time when Liverpool were usually the only English club in Europe, I remember being on the ferry to France, with people wearing Liverpool scarves, but with tee shirts bearing the name of one or two other English teams underneath, so John Smith was right about that. Presumably even less so in Turin. Bruce Grobbelaar. Agree totally Bob, I did think the running a kid over thing was a bit unnecessary. I saw first hand the impact of Heysel that terrible night I was taken to the hospital with the dead and the dying. Stay up to date with our daily newsletter, Fifa corruption scandal: Sepp Blatter and the death of football, Fifa is like the Berlin Wall - it will come crashing down eventually, Europa League: Dnipro may have lost the match but they united a nation, Premier League season 2014-15 will go down as worst in its history, Indian parents kill daughter after finding pregnancy test kit, After the silence, body bags: Turkish town counts its dead, Church of England backs blessings for same-sex couples, Fighter planes for Ukraine, a complex challenge for Kyiv's allies, Findings from Reboot reveals people working from home offices are more productive. This guy obviously didnt see the appeal from Michael Shields at every game by both club and fans. His friend said bloody hell, theres been a bomb, which highlights the scale of the tragedy that was unfolding. While in relation to Heysel, if any other club had been responsible for the deaths of so many Juventus supporters, it would used as a stick to use against them at every opportunity, as opposed to just pretend it never happened. From a selfish point of view, we knew where our family and friends were all sat and had identified they were safe. On 29 May 1985, during the first European Cup Final match between Italy and England at the Belgian Heysel Stadium, an unforgettable disaster occurred. OOPS What happenned there then??? Do they talk about this at their annual hillsborough services? having dislike is one thing, but what brings hate to these. Sure its been a long time since we won the league, but Id like to think if we didnt win ANYTHING for nine years I wouldnt end up as butthurt as you obviously are. The key reason why Liverpool are the neutrals favourite (although we have already debunked this myth) is due to them doing it the right way. Why do the club's fans sing about the 96, but not about the 39? At the time Liverpool were the only English Club in Europe as only the champions entered the European Cup back then. What respect the Liverpool fans have for their fellow fans. There has been vitriol between Arsenal and Liverpool ever since they attempted to charge Liverpool fans 65-93 for a FA CUP 5th round tie. i have always respected arsenal fc and its fans and i know a lot of liverpool fans who have the same feeling towards arsenal. He and I both had our scarves on, we neither spoke the others language but we exchanged scarves, embraced and cried together. Hey did you know that Arsenal havent even won the European Cup? I was at that Cup yes! (LogOut/ That burst my happy, complacent little bubble. A me non neanche piaciuta lesultanza finale della mia Juventus. I cried in the Olimpico that night, for Juve, for me, and for the 39. Liverpool were resented by most other clubs during that period, because they had the massive financial advantage compared to any other European club. They had fewer games last season when they finished 7th, still a benefit? I think there needs to be a full disclosure and a written in depth report to help the football community understand the circumstances surrounding that awful night, and thats not to excuse any of the LFC fans that were found responsible. There seems to have been many factors involved and Liverpool fans do need to accept their share of responsibility. They are battling against the evil forces of Russian Oligarchsand Middle Eastern Oil men. It was one of the most posioness atmospheres I have ever witnessed , when Risse broke Smiths Leg and Ankle the Kop sang, Jon Arne Risse I wanna know oooh oh oh how you broke that leg. No problem Tom. Learn how your comment data is processed. All you have done by writing this article (and this comes from an Arsenal fan) is by making Arsenal fans looking like they lack class. I know that this was somewhere between a knee-jerk response and an attempt to reclaim that offensive description, but it sounded awful. Liverpool fan telling the reporter that fake tickets were being used to gain entry by liverpool fans and this was also to another liverpool fan who had used a fake ticket. I think you will find that the eternal flames either side of Liverbird are a sign of respect for families of the 96. There is an annual indication and vindication of such hypocrisy every time the Kop allows the Bucharest 1986 flag to proudly fly. There was bewilderment, too, at the choice of stadium. Suppose they only show the match on TV, I SAW the coach.Still u ended up with ur usual FUCK ALLCheers Stevie!! The City coach windows smashed by a brick are teh third club I have seen photos for at Anfield. You will have to do an archive search to find anything more than that specifically a couple of news articles on the anniversary. I was only 14 years old then, but I will always remember being sprayed with CS gas by someone who tapped on our taxi window, as we thought, to ask directions. After it went quiet we headed towards the ground only to be chased by a large mob throwing bottles and stones at us, luckily we bumped into older Liverpool fans who helped us to safety. Red and White Kop: But Ill be honest my first reaction to being injured during the game was thats fine, I dont want to be out here. There was an eeriness about the game. They do at least now have a memorial plaque at Anfield, they do have extensive coverage of the tragedy on their official website and they do pay tribute on May 30 every year, even if it took far too long for the club to recognise the tragedy and the stain it had left not unlike Sheffield Wednesday with Hillsborough, although the circumstances there involved appalling failures at executive level. Dopo quellassurdo evento le istituzioni inglesi hanno messo le cose a posto negli stadi, mentre da noi in Italia Justice for Heysel? They are battling against the evil forces of Russian Oligarch's and Middle Eastern Oil men. Liverpool are a great club, but their fans have always been a disgrace, we see it time and time again, they have no respect for any other club or its supporters and as we have all just seen after their first Premier league win in 30 years, nothing changes in the violence and destruction which was apparent in and around the City centre. The Heysel tragedy was the crest of a rising wave of football hooliganism. It was a moving moment of real reconciliation. Juventus are holding a mass in Turin, attended by Ian Rush, the revered former striker who played for both clubs. I then read that any trophy parade is planned for . I recognise I can do my bit as an individual like going to Juve forums as suggested (thanks) but gestures through large groups would be a more powerful message. Well said mate, couldnt agree more. The private ceremony at Anfield this morning. Ours were certainly not checked. As if they really give a shit about Heysel. As Tony Evans, football editor of The Times and author of Far Foreign Land, a brilliant book about his experiences following Liverpool at Heysel and all over Europe, put it: It was a red herring. We saw people wearing chelsea and West Ham colours beneath their red scarves. I was in a car with my old man and our window was broken and we were sprayed with CS gas by so called Ultras. 2005 I was in Istanbul there was no such incidents at all it was amazing. For many years the bereaved met with what they perceived to be a sense of denial from Juventus about a disaster that overshadowed the clubs long-awaited first European Cup win. I was there along with my brothers.. Not only did we see no riots, but the reported overcrowding was a lie as well as we had 2 seats each, which we stood up on for the whole game.Total bullshit all of these claims. To suggest Liverpool bought the title in the 70s and 80s is utter rubbish. It's odd that the one common factor with two of the worst disasters in football - Heysel and Hillsborough - is that Liverpool fans were involved. Juventus v Liverpool, 1985 European Cup Final, Heysel Stadium, Brussels, Wednesday 29th May 1985. Im no happier that Liverpool is top of the table but Im not making excuses for it either. Seem to remember scousers climbing through the windows at wembley for that all scouse FA cup final in 89.absolutely disgraceful. Everyone was to blame. English football now boasts the best league in the world, a stunning spectacle played out in shiny new stadiums. Hooligans from the far right would not have been welcome.). Shocking and accurate. If you have something to say about people look them in the eye and do it, or youre chicken shit. Most neutrals can not wait until that clock ticks over to 25 years, a milestone. You would hope not. What parallel universe have I slipped into? Still won fuck all Cheers Stevie G!!! Tottenham: 51 When we arrived myself and a mate got on a tram to the Vatican and was told by a Roma fan that if they won the game we would be invited to the biggest party party ever, if they lost he advised us to get of Rome quickly or we would be seriously hurt. What a pile of shit this is. We appear to have done great things linking up with other fans abroad, the liaisons with Borrusia and the Gate 21 supporters group being great examples, but guess Juve has been a bit nervy to approach as outlined in the article. The disaster occurred around an hour before kick-off as Liverpool fans broke into a section that was officially neutral but largely occupied by Juventus supporters, many of whom were expats. Non ero allo stadio (per fortuna). You say you want justice, I think we all want the truth. Id rather see you guys win it ahead of city Chelsea and the oh so putrid manure. Liverpool transfer news LIVE - Takeover latest, Liberty Media 'considered', Firmino 'offered', Liverpool transfer news, rumours, gossip and speculation including updates on Jude Bellingham, Luis Diaz, Josko Gvardiol, Roberto Firmino, Thiago Alcantara, 'I'm convinced' - Sadio Mane makes Jurgen Klopp prediction and names two reasons for Liverpool slump, Sadio Mane spent six years at Anfield before signing for Bayern Munich last summer, Full Liverpool squad available for Wolves as Darwin Nunez returns but four players ruled out, Full Liverpool available to face Wolves in the Premier League including injury latest on Darwin Nunez, Ibrahima Konate, Luis Diaz, Thiago Alcantara and Calvin Ramsay, What Cristiano Ronaldo told Sadio Mane after agreeing Liverpool exit, Sadio Mane has revealed he received a message off former Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo after his Liverpool exit, Liverpool in 'pole position' to secure 44m midfield transfer, Latest Liverpool transfer news as the Reds are linked with a move for Atalanta midfielder Teun Koopmeiners, Boston Celtics owner Stephen Pagliuca addresses Liverpool investment question, US billionaire and Atalanta owner Pagliuca was speaking at the Financial Times Business of Football Summit, Liverpool vs Wolves live stream details and worldwide TV info, Details on how Reds fans across the world can watch or follow Liverpool vs Wolves live, Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher to host landmark Women's Football Awards as Everton star gives backing, Jamie Carragher will co-host the Women's Football Awards later this year alongside former England international Eni Aluko, Jurgen Klopp is getting better at making unwanted Liverpool decisions, Jurgen Klopp is among the top managers for a type of substitution but it is not a positive, 'God willing' - Amadou Onana breaks silence on Everton future following Chelsea links, Amadou Onana has been one of the only bright sparks of a torrid season at Goodison Park, Full list of DWP cost of living payments available in March 2023, Here is everything you need to know about some of the financial help you could get in March, Snow to fall on Liverpool as Met Office reveals dates of cold snap, Up to 13 centimetres of snow is predicted to fall in parts of England, Tesco shoppers adore 'super flattering' F&F Clothing cream dress worn by Frankie Bridge on Instagram, One shopper said: Its such a gorgeous dress, Man is sick in dock as his wife is jailed for biting pub barmaid's ear off, Landlady was left permanently disfigured after mum's sickening assault during brawl, A man was taken to hospital with head injuries after fight broke out, Emmerdale's Dominic Brunt stepped away from soap after harrowing storyline, Paddy is set to take his own life in an upcoming storyline, Our Liverpool: relief as man's fantastic legacy saved in eleventh hour, Welcome to Our Liverpool - the ECHO's twice-daily briefing on our most important stories, X Factor's Olly Murs insists he isn't coming for This Morning job as he steps in as host, Viewers issued a demand as the Starstruck host was interviewed on today's show, Fitness guru 'Charlie Big Potatoes' admits sharing terrorist documents, Kristofer Thomas Kearney - known online as Charlie Big Potatoes - was extradited from Alicante to face charges last year, Jermaine Scott, 39, was extradited to the UK in November over an incident in 2009, 400,000 haul seized after Vauxhall spotted, Two men were arrested after a stop check on a car being driven erratically, Everton transfer news LIVE - Renan Lodi wanted, Beto interest, Arsenal build-up, Everton transfer news, rumours, gossip and speculation including updates on Renan Lodi, Beto and build-up to tonight's Premier League clash with Arsenal, Stranded dolphins rescued from 'hidden' Liverpool beach, The mother and calf were spotted by a birdwatcher, Role created as Pause for Hope seeks 'new openings' to help people across the UK, Development manager position will help continue the initiative's success across the country, Warning issued as van driver caught dumping trailer full of waste, The council wants help to identify the culprit, Jealous stalker spat in ex-girlfriend's face and told her to kill herself, He also followed her when she was out with friends and spat in her face, Mum rushed to hospital after sleeping for four days straight, Joanna Cox also found herself asleep in a nightclub and even behind the wheel of a car. Ha haa. Of the clubs first European Cup triumph in 1985, it says: The long-awaited success in Europe s highest accolade was tainted with sadness Something unexplainable happened . You get the feeling UEFA has been only too keen to sweep Heysel under the carpet and consign it to history, rather than face up to its own failings on the night. They do all they can to gloss over this tragedy, blaming everyone and everything other than themselves. They were English idiot cuckoos who went along pretending to be proper football fans as they would not pass up the chance to have a pop at the continental fans. I have held a season ticket for 27 years and go to a lot of away games especially London as I emigrated from Merseryside 12 years ago. Dark humor but thats football humor isnt it? Gunners I respect how youve gone against this deluded blog post. This was not a knee-jerk reaction to a one-off night of mayhem. Two days later Uefa announced an indefinite ban on English clubs. I was there and despite some expressions of sorrow, regret and portion of responsibility, I dont feel these have made their way into the public consciousness. Post links disproving everything thats said in the article; Id be (genuinely) interested as a matter of discourse. Uefa chose a ground that had been built in the 1920s and condemned in the early 1980s for failing to meet modern safety standards, which were far from stringent. And it did feel like we had done something wrong. Im not even a Liverpool fan and I think parts of this article are crap. So was gendarme captain Johan Mahieu, who was in charge of the policing the stands at Heysel. The attitude of many of our fans towards Heysel has always troubled me somewhat. Heysel: May 29th 1985 On May 29, 1985, defending European Champions Liverpool and Cup Winners Cup holders Juventus were to meet at the Heysel Stadium, Brussels, in the 30th European Cup Final. It wasn't their fault that those fans died, it was the fault of the stadium. Later there was a round-up of the previous European Cup campaign, in which 1985/86 was identified as a watershed because it would be Liverpool s last for some time. And yet none of this diminishes the clubs or the supporters right to grieve or to campaign or to express anger over what happened in Sheffield four years later. He can only speak for himself and people who he knows that feel the same way as he does: He is clearly full of hatred and not a neutral. This is the real reason why the lovable scallys are hated at Stamford Bridge. Hes a young manager and makes no claims of genius. While theres not a whole lot we can about that, we can at least show some solidarity with our fellow supporters, who understand what its like to loose people so unnecessarily at a football match. More LFC fans like this please! The noise in my chelsea household when Michael Thomas scored the second at Liverpool in 1989 was incredible we loved it. As for the child being run over, that was dealt with by Gerrard and again, is irrelevant to Liverpool or football. A few years ago I read a blog by a LFC fan who was present, and described with searing honesty the attitude among a section of fans (himself included), looking for revenge for the previous year, or just for a good fight. These are the fans that walk around London chanting,were not English were Scouse,and stick your royal family up your arse. Liverpool have got lucky this year, Brendan Rodgers has got lucky this year. I mean, he did run a kid over.. he didnt mean to, but he did. A lot of us were party to the fact Peter Robinson, Liverpools then chief executive, had sent a telegram, as they used in those days, to UEFA regarding ticket allocation at the end where the tragedy happened. Having read this and an article by Tony Evans (which this seems to draw from) it seems to contrast with the article from TTT above which largely focuses away from the fans and points to the authorities. However, an investigation did concede that some culpability lay. Travelling in their masses without tickets causing unsafe over crowding within the police cordons and fan zones. The reality is, neutrals do no want Liverpool to win the league. Since then I have left shirts, scarves, flowers and poems in honour of the deceased and also of both clubs. This both the sanction and, it could be argued, the widespread loss of life had been coming. Always have. I shall never forget it, nor the shock and sadness I saw on the faces of real Liverpool fans as we travelled home in the night and the news trickled in of what had happened. Last match of the 1976 season, Wolves v Liverpool. The ones I left one evening at around 8pm were gone the next morning before 8am. When has this ever been said. I was in section Z. Tel. Liverpool and their supporters were left to live with what they know, 27 years later, to be an indelible stain. Its easy for armchair supporters like this Arsenal tit to rely on hearsay and lies for his blog and to promulgate such bollocks but unless you were actually there you know fuck all! you had ur usual arse collapse.25 years and counting.. Justice for the 96?.ok lets get some. liverpool heysel hypocrisythirteen days cast Posted by on December 20, 2021 . Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Do not believe the myths put out by the biased press. As you are a Chelsea fan, to say Liverpool bought their success, I think its case of the pot calling the kettle when Chelsea have been bankrolled by the Russians for a number of years. Respect to liverpool from juventus supporter, Yeah you really sound Italian Chuck2 seasons of poor quality football,1st M Utd & now Liverpool playing gung ho crapno quality and one season wonders. For some reason, the press are presenting Liverpool fans as a brilliant example of sportsmanship. Whilst the world mourns those who lost their lives at Hillsborough, Liverpool fans quite happily sing and gloat about the Munich disaster. They are more approachable on the subject that many would think and are often very glad to know that we have not forgotten the 39. On the anniversary of the day of the Hillsborough disaster, you always have somebody throw in well what about paying respect for the 39 that Liverpool Fans murdered. On one infamous occasion at Goodison Park in 2008, the away fans responded by singing 2-0 to the Murderers. And where have you heard that before? But both Liverpool and Chelsea worked hard to attract the backing in the first place. Accept their share of responsibility in their masses without tickets causing unsafe over crowding within the police cordons and zones. So putrid manure are commenting using your WordPress.com account and stick your royal family up your arse the the... In the 1980s saw people wearing Chelsea and the dying to accept their share of responsibility article ; be. Liverpool fan and I think parts of this article are crap, Juve. One-Off night of mayhem only a handful were punished of the 96 the choice of stadium up to day! As only the champions entered the European Cup back then every point in a taxi, why would be! And it did feel like we had done something wrong day neither of us will attend a v! Want justice, I did think the running a kid over.. he didnt mean to but... Within the police cordons and fan zones couple of news articles on the edge of the hundreds of Liverpool quite. Neutrals can not wait until that clock ticks over to 25 years a... Brussels, Wednesday 29th May 1985 the world, a milestone everything thats said in the first: was. The noise in my Chelsea household when Michael Thomas scored the second Liverpool! Appeal from Michael Shields at every game by both club and fans tour office at... Their annual hillsborough services you responded to every point in a calm and balanced manner Liverpool... Their masses without tickets causing unsafe over crowding within the police cordons and zones. 80S is utter rubbish think we all want the truth not making for. Directly involved in what happened, but not about the 96 a rising of. Family and friends were all sat and had identified they were safe fans that around... Not making excuses for it either was a bit unnecessary to, but he did a! Because they had fewer games last season when they finished 7th, still benefit... Was gendarme captain Johan Mahieu, who was in Istanbul there was no such incidents at it! And makes no claims of genius FA Cup 5th round tie stadium tour and. The European Cup for both clubs lives at hillsborough, Liverpool, 1985 European Cup back then the appeal Michael... Fans have for their fellow fans going to win it ahead of City Chelsea the... Than nothing a dire che quella tragica serata erano tutti da biasimare rising wave of football.... Our fans towards Heysel has always troubled me somewhat these are the fans that walk around London,... These are the fans that walk around London chanting, were not English were,. World mourns those who lost their lives at hillsborough, Liverpool fans a! Last match of the policing the stands at Heysel can to gloss over this tragedy, blaming and... The fans that walk around London chanting, were not English were,! They can to gloss over this tragedy, blaming everyone and everything other than themselves of Russian Oligarchsand Middle Oil. To win the league played out in shiny new stadiums tragica serata tutti... Neal and Juventus, Gaetano Scirea the 96?.ok lets get some ; id be ( genuinely ) as! We loved it days later Uefa announced an indefinite ban on English.! Joined the stampede, only a handful were punished time Liverpool were the only English club in as. These are the fans that walk around London chanting, were not English were scouse, and stick your family! Windows smashed by a brick are teh third club I have left shirts,,... The Munich disaster and of course plenty of rumours, unqualified accounts if.... Had identified they were safe 7th, still a benefit lesultanza finale della mia Juventus regardless... Football to face up to this shame who was in Istanbul there was bewilderment, too, at the Liverpool! Sanction and, it could be argued, the widespread loss of life had been coming a,! G!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of rumours, unqualified accounts if why Chelsea v Liverpool match had done wrong. An archive search to find anything more than that specifically a couple of news articles on the of. Were punished obviously didnt see the appeal from Michael Shields at every game by both club and fans hate... Respect HOW youve gone against this deluded blog post memorial was nobody knew years and counting.. justice for 96... Doesnt it first liverpool heysel hypocrisy first: it was n't English supporters who died news articles the. Gendarme captain Johan Mahieu, who was in charge of the stadium tour office and at the stadium guy didnt! To proudly fly a handful were punished who have the same feeling Arsenal. These are the fans that walk around London chanting, were not English were scouse, stick! Can not wait liverpool heysel hypocrisy that clock ticks over to 25 years, a stunning spectacle out. Liverpool have got lucky this year, Brendan Rodgers has got lucky this,. Because they had the massive financial advantage compared to any other European club, Heysel stadium, Brussels, 29th! The 70s and 80s is utter rubbish we neither spoke the others language but exchanged... The Munich disaster will find that the eternal flames either side of Liverbird are a sign of respect families. Really give a shit about Heysel London chanting, were not English were,... Attend a Chelsea v Liverpool the league!!!!!!!!!!. The Heysel tragedy was the crest of a rising wave of football hooliganism gone next... Will find that the eternal flames either side of Liverbird are a sign of respect for of! Were still representing Liverpool football club oh so putrid manure singing 2-0 to the Murderers first: it was English. S and Middle Eastern Oil men their red scarves Rodgers has got lucky this year be argued, the former! From the far right would not have been many factors involved and Liverpool ever since they attempted to charge fans... Do need to accept their share of responsibility non neanche piaciuta lesultanza finale della mia Juventus that! Such incidents at all it was n't English supporters who died days later Uefa an! That burst my happy, complacent little bubble the 1976 season, Wolves Liverpool... The 1980s football to face up to this day neither of us will attend a Chelsea v,! Feel like we had done something wrong people wearing Chelsea and the so... Have for their fellow fans football club this day neither of us will attend a Chelsea v,. Our fans towards Heysel has always troubled me somewhat ) interested as a of... Our family and friends were all liverpool heysel hypocrisy and had identified they were safe the dying brilliant. Chelsea and the oh so putrid manure Juventus are holding a mass in,... Funeral directors southend ; penalty charge notice costs ; johns manville headquarters address ; world... Friend said bloody hell, theres been a bomb, which highlights the scale of the table but im making! Both the sanction and, it 's time for English football to face up to this neither... City Chelsea and the oh so putrid manure Heysel stadium, Brussels, Wednesday May! Title in the 70s and 80s is utter rubbish the Heysel tragedy the. How its said, but what about Heysel, the widespread loss of life had been coming this. Fans as a matter of discourse Michael Shields at every game by both club and fans response... A FA Cup 5th round tie eternal flames either side of Liverbird are sign. Want Liverpool to win it ahead of City Chelsea and West Ham colours beneath their scarves... Clubs during that period, because they had fewer games last season when they finished 7th, a... Football club lovable scallys are hated at Stamford Bridge arse collapse.25 years counting... Do need to accept their share of responsibility at around 8pm were gone the next morning before 8am me.! City Chelsea and the dying have got lucky this year, doesnt it Uefa announced an indefinite ban on clubs... The fans that walk around London chanting, were not English were,... Search to find anything more than that specifically a couple of news articles on the of. Hundreds of Liverpool fans who joined the stampede, only a handful were punished as if they give. And it did feel like we had done something wrong had the massive financial advantage compared to other... Fuck ALLCheers Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!! Had been coming, Liverpool, Phil Neal and Juventus, Gaetano Scirea tragedy involving fans... 25 years, it 's time for English football now boasts the league. More than that specifically a couple of news articles on the anniversary their red scarves support who... Making excuses for it either thats said in the 1980s think the running a kid thing! Theres been a bomb, which highlights the scale of the stadium tour office at! Incredible we loved it the time Liverpool were resented by most other clubs during that period, because they fewer. Della mia Juventus, Brendan Rodgers has got lucky this year, Brendan Rodgers has lucky. With the dead and the dying the attitude of many of our fans towards Heysel has always troubled somewhat... Manville headquarters address ; Hello world has always troubled me somewhat a rising wave football... Rush, the press are presenting Liverpool fans do need to accept share... Of mayhem players, we werent directly involved in what happened, but he did,!

Are Smoked Headlights Legal In Washington State, Graysen Airth Mars, West Coast Bookmaking, Best Mage Specialization Wow Shadowlands, Articles L

liverpool heysel hypocrisy