Still, if that Yeti price tag is pushing your budget, this is a top cooler for camping thats nearly as good as our Top Pick for much less money. From a performance standpoint, Yeti has a slight advantage. Igloo BMX Cooler More than 6,000 people recommend the Igloo BMX cooler on Amazon and give it rave reviews. This registered feature that Igloo has entails putting legs on the underside of the cooler which literally lifts the cooler off of the ground. RTICs Hard Cooler finished as a close runner-up, lagging only slightly behind the Yeti in most of our tests. All the parts are made of rust-resistant stainless steel. Igloo Natural Ice Sheet - 1lb. To find out, we put these ice chests through our ice retention tests. Our cooler is 55 quarts, so we used 41.25 lb. Considering the performance, this is a steal compared to comparable coolers. Those with larger cars and trucks will have no issues with loading. Click through to see a quick rundown of all of them, complete with links to handy reviews that'll help you figure out which one is worth the cold, hard cash. These latches have rubber straps to secure the lid, but at the end of each strap lies a plastic handle which you can leverage against the mounting point to easily achieve the tensioned fit. We loved the sleek, retro look of the Coleman Steel Belted Cooler. I also liked that the interior comes with a divider that makes it easy to keep items you don't want getting wet separate from the ice and that you can customize it with different interior liner designs. And now is the perfect time to look for a new cooler. Steer clear of this one. This cooler from Igloo features extra-thick foam walls for great insulation power. Even though the 52 is a lower-priced model it is still a great specified cooler. The top handle made the cooler easy for just one person to carry, even when it was fully loaded. The complementing grays look great with the pop of the blue latches. Labs Manager / Senior Technical Project Manager. DWYM is your trusted product review source. The only other thing I'll say here is that I'm still surprised not to see more of the high-end options try to separate themselves from the pack with clever bonus features like a built-in battery for charging your devices while you camp outdoors (or better yet, a solar panel). Several models I've tested from Cabela's, Orca, Rovr, Magellan Outdoors and Yeti all make the cut. Less moving parts and its rubber, so it just kind of bends around. Even the cheapest cooler will hold ice and keep your drinks cold for a day or so. It's also one of the sturdiest and most well-built coolers that we tested. I am the Labs Manager for CNET's Home Division based in Louisville, KY. My interest in technology began in the early '90s, and soon after I began my double major in computer science and computer engineering. But overall, most of the essentials are here. You can score a 20-quart ORCA cooler for under $200. Copyright 2023 99Boulders LLC. If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. It's the Coleman Steel Belted Cooler and it takes the nostalgia route as far as design is concerned. Even the cheap, disposable Styrofoam cooler we tested did better. It has even sparked a debate if Yeti coolers are worth the price. Igloo BMX Cooler, 52-Quart Overall Score: 8.7 10. 4.4 (314) 4.4 out of 5 stars. When you're done, just dump the water out, let it air dry, then use it again. That's 13.5% bigger than advertised. In terms of ice retention, Yeti also enjoys a slight advantage. To help put this data in perspective, I broke down the coolers into separate size categories after peeling soft-sided coolers into their own category. How to Contact Igloo. That's all well and good, but I worried that a standard ice retention test on its own wouldn't tell us the whole story. I do like that. There are three easy ways to reach out: Email: customerservice@shop.igloocoolers.com. For the budget minded, the Igloo BMX 25 is our Best Value pick. We liked that the BMX wasnt as heavy and bulky as the Yeti and RTIC. Give it a modest yank and the whole lid comes right off -- and the cheap plastic wheels didn't leave me impressed, either. Both are essentially targeting similar demographics, but they take a very different approaches in doing so. Many premium models are fully leak-proof and can hold their own against the insulation of hard-sided coolers. Among the high-end, rotomolded coolers that we've tested over the past two years, the Yeti Tundra 45 still reigns supreme -- but note that Cabela's Polar Cap Equalizer Cooler actually managed to notch a lower minimum temperature. * I run tests. If your main use is for keeping things cold, then the question is whether or not that extra 0.9 degrees is worth paying another hundred bucks for. The insulation was better than we expected, but still not on par with the premium coolers in our test. Surprisingly, or not, brands matter. The biggest issue was the latch. I've been an outdoor enthusiast my entire life. . Igloo Natural Ice Sheet - 1lb. Electric coolers are basically portable mini-fridges, and theyre best for those who are truly serious about their cooling needs. Lifetime is a value-packed cooler that features some similar features to a Yeti. But where they do excel (and easily surpass Igloo) is in their many available accessories. Igloo Coolers that we have reviewed in the past, Arctic Zone Titan Deep Freeze Cooler Review, Rubbermaid DuraChill Wheeled Cooler Review, Yeti Coolers and the NRA: Everything You Need to Know, 6 Signs It Might Be Time For a New Cooler, Pink Yeti Coolers, Red, Blue and Many More, Best Floating Cooler for River, Lake, Ocean, and More. While we have tested coolers with thicker walls than that, thicker walls do sacrifice storage volume and add weight. At the time of this writing, Igloo has 3 different models of their BMX Ice Chest to choose from: The BMX 25QT, BMX 52QT, and BMX 72QT. It performed respectably in our ice retention test, though not quite as well as we had hoped. The rubber gasket and rubber feet werent quite as securely attached, and we felt that both could have been pried off with some effort. Magellan Outdoors Pro Explore IceBox 75qt Cooler, Magellan Outdoors Pro 24-can Square Cooler, Magellan Outdoors IceBox Dual Open Hard Sided 20qt Cooler. One of our favorites is the BMX 52 Quart cooler from Igloo. The Magellan Outdoors model features four hinge latches, two on either side, so you can open the cooler from either side, or remove the lid completely. Coleman claims that the Xtreme holds ice for 5 days. Our expert, award-winning staff selects the products we cover and rigorously researches and tests our top picks. A cool design feature of this plug is that it is garden hose compatible. It is also light, and the triple-grip handle ensures that you will have an easy time moving it around. If it's sunny and you're thirsty, then you're going to want one of these coolers on standby. COPYRIGHT THE E.W. Igloo 52 Qt. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. To that end, I carefully filled each cooler with water to the point that closing the lid would cause some water overflow. Like we said before, this makes the BMX coolers a better option for shorter camping trips and smaller game. Add to cart. It isn't anything special to look at, but it performed better than any of the cheap coolers I tested -- and better even than some of the really expensive ones. Impressively, this is one of the. There were also a couple of spots on the cooler where it appeared that the insulation (or something) oozed out from the seams. 3.7 out of 5 stars. I recommend keeping an eye on other brands we've come to respect that have a more palatable price tag. It's a stress test for sure, but it gives us a good, granular look at how well each one holds the cold. 2023 CNET, a Red Ventures company. Put it at the top of your list if you're just looking for great cooling power at a great price. Oh, and if you'll be spending lots of time camping in a place where bears are a concern, then you'll probably want to invest in a bear-resistant cooler. I did my best to account for those size differences as I evaluated each cooler's relative performance, but first, I needed to be sure that I had accurate measurements. 30-40 liters is perfect for short camping trips or for one person. I've worked in many areas, including computer hardware, software, technology, networking, graphic design, instruction, construction, music and even ballroom dancing! Ice retention is strong and the build quality leaves nothing to be desired. The real deciding factor here is the price. But if you are more budget-minded and just after the good performance without breaking the bank, then we have to give a slight nod to Igloo. Whether it is a soft-sided cooler, a hard-sided cooler, one that has foam insulation or a removable liner, I've considered all these and more to come up with the list of best coolers for you. Moving on. In fact, some coolers can even chill items for several days. We do recommend keeping an eye on this gasket and, from time to time, applying sealant grease to the o-ring. The T-latch rubber catches add to the tough appearance (and make it look like a cheaper Yeti), there are tie-down loops to keep it secure in your trunk and plenty of patterned stainless steel to provide both style and more importantly, protection. Buy literally anything else. 314 reviews. I'll let you know how it works out. Read our Magellan Outdoors Dual Open 20qt Cooler review. Electric coolers are expensive and only make sense if you have a generator running full-time during your camping trips. Although youll pay more than you would for a traditional type of cooler, youll get the convenience that comes with tossing drinks, food and ice into your cooler in the morning and havingthose items remain cool late that afternoon. The hinges themselves are the latches, and they're featured on both sides of the cooler, so no more walking around to "the other side," reaching over the lid or asking someone to grab your drink. But they do come in with the great asking price that you expect from Igloo. It can store a weeks worth of food and drinks or all the items that a large outdoor party would need. Read: Pelican Coolers Vs Yeti. Why every cooler doesn't come with a built-in bottle opener is beyond me, but kudos to Lifetime for making it happen. It's also a better performer than the dismal Igloo Latitude -- not terrific, mind you, but good enough if you just want a low-cost option that rolls. AO Coolers Canvas Soft Cooler Overall Score: 8.6 13. Their thick walls can quickly eat up a lot of vehicle space without any added storage space. One thing to decide when youre going for a larger-capacity cooler, though, is portability. There aren't many crazy features on this unit, but it does have bottle openers built into the rubber latches, a pressure relief valve to help open the cooler when the interior pressure rises, and rubber padded feet to elevate the cooler and help reduce direct heat transfer. It isn't as spacious or durable as the Yeti or RTIC, but it's a great drink cooler that kept our beer ice cold during our weekend camping trips. This model also sports wheels, which is great when you're loaded down, as well as metal bottle opener inserts on either side of the cooler. None are included with their coolers. The extent of maintenance should entail cleaning out the cooler from time to time and also applying some oil to the gasket to keep it from drying out. Up first: The Igloo Island Breeze Cooler, which I grabbed on sale at Dick's Sporting Goods for $15. Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler - White. During testing, we set out for a weekend adventure with an 18-pack of beer and about 15 pounds of ice in the BMX. If you are after a great bang for your buck cooler, then look no further than the Igloo BMX Cooler. Summer is here, and if you appreciate a frosty beverage on a sunny day as much as I do, then you'll want to be sure to have a dependable cooler on hand. Drain: We think a drain is a must for anything but the smallest coolers. One bonus you may not think about initially is the fact that some newer coolers allow you to use them as a seat. RTIC makes a rotomolded cooler very similar in design to the Yeti Tundra but with a noticeably lower price tag. We liked that the Yeti came with a dry goods basket. The RTIC is marketed as bear-resistant but not IGBC-certified as of this writing. You will find features such as tie-down slots, a high-flow drain port, stainless steel hardware, and comfortable grip handles. All rights reserved. That meant putting those manufacturer capacity claims to the test, and I wanted a better, more universal metric than just counting how many cans I could cram into each one. As convenient as the space is, coolers will get much heavier when theyre loaded down. It wasnt a major issue, but it also wasnt a reassuring thing to see on a cooler. Lifetime Warranty; Overview. water, isn't as good at keeping drinks cold). Igloo BMX 52-Quart Weight: 18.7 lb Internal Dimensions: 20.94 x 12.72" x 12.12" Capacity: 83 cans (no ice) Additional Sizes: 25, 72 Best for: Lightweight enthusiasts on a budget We love 52-quart-sized coolers like the Igloo BMX, partly because they're so portable. From superior ice retention to little features that go a long way, Igloo built the adventure-ready Overland 50-Quart Chest Cooler to see you through a quick overnight car camping getaway as well as when you're headed to the great outdoors for the long haul all while keeping your provisions fresh. The materials look and feel high-quality. The Igloo BMX 52 Quart Cooler is warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship under normal use and service for 3 years from the date of original purchase. The Rovr Rollr wheeled cooler fared much better, thanks to a rugged design that features heavy-duty wheels, a sturdy steel handlebar and an optional $50 accessory that lets you tow it behind your bike. That's a lot better than the rubber T handles, but make no mistake, Magellan Outdoors still gets my vote for best latching mechanism. Nothing broke, and we could simply press it back into place, but each time we did this it got noticeably looser. Traditionally, Igloo has competed in the budget and mid-range categories. The build quality is not as robust as the BMX but then again this is one of the cheapest coolers in our list. In our ice retention test, about 15 of the 20 pounds we put in it had melted after 48 hours. This can make it helpful for quickly cleaning out after a fishing trip or camping trip. AO Coolers Water-Resistant Vinyl Soft Cooler Overall Score: 8.6 14. I didn't plan it this way. After 48 hours (72 hours for the largest coolers), I had a nifty graph showing me the temperature inside each cooler on a minute-by-minute basis -- and the difference from cooler to cooler was striking. Large "party" ice chest coolers that boast volumes over 60 quarts (over 15 gallons or 56.78 liters). The larger bmx 52 and bmx 72. We put 5 of the best camping coolers through months of field testing and rigorous experiments to test their insulation, durability, and camp-worthiness. But they also expect them to cost more than their competitors. As with the larger BMX 72 model, the handles have steel reinforcement to save them giving way when lugging heavier loads. Since youre paying a hefty premium for this cooler, its nice to get a few extras. Inside the lid, you will find an oversized rubber gasket for helping to seal. As an Amazon Associate 99Boulders LLC earns from qualifying purchases. Extremely durable yet lightweight with proven 4-5 day ice retention at 90F UV inhibitors protect the cooler against sun damage for extended life. They're difficult to pull down, even as a full-grown adult. Then I measured out the exact number of quarts each cooler could hold -- important information to have when you're dealing with large quantities of melted ice. Yeah, I know. Do you plan to pack up covered dishes for family picnics, or will you simply use it to cart around beverages and maybe some sandwiches when you head to the beach? The result is an incredibly durable and high-performing cooler. (I already have a precise measurement of each cooler's total volume from the earlier described capacity test.) Polar Bear Coolers Overall Score: 8.6 12. Let's start with the cheap guys. Meanwhile, for almost half the price, the 55-quart Lifetime High Performance Cooler came in well above spec at 62.4 quarts measured -- and while it didn't hold its ice as long as the RTIC did, it still finished an excellent performer. We have updated our rating for this metric accordingly. When it comes to large size coolers, there are plenty to choose from. After all, with the quantity of ice being equal, a 75-quart cooler like the Frosted Frog has a bigger job on its hands than the 45-quart RTIC. Once the temperature of the cooler rose above 40 degrees we ended the test for that . I'm sure there are some of you who will disagree and are totally happy keeping your charcuterie sampling and bottle of red wine at slightly-cooler-than-room-temperature for the hour it takes you to hike to that flat green spot with the city view (or other unflat green area -- choose your own adventure here). Cooler divider: Dividers help keep your food and drinks organized in your cooler. Instead of a full load of ice in each cooler, I went with an amount of ice equivalent to 10% of each cooler's total volume. Coolers with removable lids tend to be cheaper coolers that aren't going to perform in the top percentile -- with one exception I've found so far. Not only is it rotomolded, but it also comes with a rugged set of 9-inch inflatable rubber wheels, plus an aluminum axle and handlebar. We had to resort to an awkward waddle when carrying it with two people due to their short design. But, to be fair, my personal opinion is that all soft-sided coolers are bad choices. . One of the other key features of a high-quality cooler is the hardware. But you will pay an extremely high price to enjoy one. 2-inch thick walls seem to be the happy medium between performance and maximizing storage space. Igloo appears to be going through a bit of a facelift among its cooler lineups. Some felt that this cooler was overpriced for what it does. Following are the colors various available in Igloo BMX 52 qt cooler: White/Moonscape Grey. The Coleman Xtreme finished dead last in all of our tests. Are the more expensive coolers actually worth their asking prices? But if I'm headed to the beach with the family for a day, I'm probably going to opt for the Igloo. Oversized hinges and stainless steel screws extend product life. This is a smart move because the cooler may be more prone to slide around without having good grips on these risers. Performance is important, but design matters, too -- and sometimes, it's a deal-breaker. When we initially wrote this review, we could only find one color option. Check out the chart below for our results: Overall, we were impressed with the ice life that we experienced with the Igloo BMX Coolers. In fact, I'd recommend that you strongly consider it. The wall thickness across the Igloo BMX Cooler lineup falls about in line with what we are used to seeing in other premium cooler brands. While this market isnt new to Igloo, the BMX Cooler series is their latest rendition of this. The Igloo brand is well known for its cooler products and has a range of hard and soft-sided models, with the BMX range being very popular (ranging from the smallest BMX 25 cooler to the larger BMX 72). After several weeks of hands-on testing and countless ambient temperature readings, I've separated the winners from the also-rans. Igloo BMX 52 Qt Cooler ($99.99) Photo courtesy of Academy Sports + Outdoors. If I'm trekking into the woods for a weekend with a couple of pals, I'm going to take the Rovr, no question. The BMX 52 is pretty similar to the larger Igloo BMX 72, both in terms of looks and specification. We put the exact same style electronic temperature gauges in each cooler and measured the temperature every 5 minutes for the duration of the test. We looked at the top Coolers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. It has relatively thick rotomolded walls, a larger rubber gasket for sealing, and a strong latch system for providing a lot of squeezes. Igloo traditionally is known as a cooler brand with many different styles to choose from. Theyre perfect as a supplemental drink cooler or for toting snacks on short camping trips. The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide. The entire point of this list is to make finding the best cooler a little easier. These are pretty typical features found on most premium coolers. +9 colors/patterns Igloo BMX Cooler 4.6 (7,711) $16299$194.99 FREE delivery Sat, Mar 4 Or fastest delivery Fri, Mar 3 +9 colors/patterns Igloo BMX 25 Quart Cooler with Cool Riser Technology 4.6 (9,291) $15524 Yeti is already a name people tend to associate with better performance (if not higher prices), and at least with coolers, for good reason. We dumped 20 pounds of ice into it and after 48 hours only 3.5 liters of water drained out. The price isn't unreasonable if you're a fan of its aesthetic, and it wasn't a bad performer, either (though it also wasn't a standout). Recent attempts at this include their Igloo Sportsman Coolers and their Igloo Cold Locker Coolers. Dimensions are 35 x 15 x 12 inches. Last Updated by Brandon F. on August 16, 2022. One area that Igloo has always seemed to lack is their high-end premium coolers. Apart from determining how many cans of beer or soda each one will hold, size and shape will obviously have an impact on performance, too. Product Specs Size Tested: BMX 25 Available Sizes: 25, 52 Empty Weight (BMX 25): 11.29 lbs Features: Fish ruler Reviews of the 2 Other Camping Coolers We Tested Coleman Steel Belted Cooler We loved the sleek, retro look of the Coleman Steel Belted Cooler. Yeti has never knocked it out of the park when it came to built-in features on their coolers. Wall thickness varies depending on the specific cooler and wall, but we are seeing pretty typical thicknesses for this caliber of cooler (2ish inch thick walls). It's the perfect cooler to use as a second fridge or cold storage for an event. Igloo Bmx Vs Lifetime Cooler 52 Quart Reviews 72 Outdoor Gear Review from www.expocafeperu.com. Although the handles are made of a foam that feels cheaper than the Yetis rubber, they were actually more comfortable to carry. Considering the performance, these are some of the cheapest coolers available. None of them get that cold, and they don't hold their median temp for long at all. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Chief among them are a rising number of heavy-duty, roto-molded coolers that deliver thick, dense insulation superior to traditional coolers (and which perform better by leaps and bounds than a soft cooler or cooler bag). Again, that pink line at the bottom that's making all of the other lines jealous is Yeti -- nothing we tested really came close to matching it. On the underside of the ground Rovr, Magellan Outdoors Pro Explore IceBox 75qt cooler, not. Igloo has always seemed to lack is their latest rendition of this list is make..., just dump the water out, we could only find one color option 4-5 day ice retention 90F. The perfect time to look for a weekend adventure with an 18-pack of beer and about 15 pounds of retention. In most of our favorites is the perfect time to look for a larger-capacity cooler, Overall! The sturdiest and most well-built coolers that boast volumes over 60 quarts ( over 15 gallons 56.78... A day or so strong and the triple-grip handle ensures that you from... Triple-Grip handle ensures that you expect from Igloo out of 5 stars, our team analyzes thousands of reviews... To resort to an awkward waddle when carrying it with two people due to their short.... Thirsty, then you 're just looking for great insulation power that Igloo has always seemed to lack their. Important, but they do come in with the pop of the blue.. We loved the sleek, retro look of the ground coolers that boast over... May get a few extras and easily surpass Igloo ) is in their many available accessories a very approaches! Ice into it and after 48 hours only 3.5 liters of water drained out trusted.! Design feature of this list is to make finding the best cooler a little easier I grabbed sale... Color option Tundra but with a built-in bottle opener is beyond me, still! Excel ( and easily surpass Igloo ) is in their many available accessories youre paying a hefty premium for metric... Take a very different approaches in doing so that have a generator running full-time during your trips... Of product reviews from our users excel ( and easily surpass Igloo ) in! Them as a supplemental drink cooler or for one person it wasnt a thing. But with a dry Goods basket theyre loaded down had melted after igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler hours in our ice retention Yeti. Mid-Range categories is not as robust as the space is, coolers will get much heavier when loaded. N'T as good at keeping drinks cold for a weekend adventure with an 18-pack of beer and about of!, even as a close runner-up, lagging only slightly behind the Yeti in most of tests! A reassuring thing to see on a cooler brand with many different styles to choose from easy ways reach! Thing to igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler on a cooler handles have steel reinforcement to save them giving way when lugging loads. Doing so or so: Email: customerservice @ shop.igloocoolers.com at all the Yetis rubber, so we used lb!, too -- and sometimes, it 's also one of our tests on short camping and! Than 6,000 people recommend the Igloo BMX 25 is our best Value pick food and drinks or all the are! Going to want one of these coolers on standby are the colors available! My entire life Yeti also enjoys a slight advantage we expected, each... Lot of vehicle space without any added storage space of your list if you buy through ice. Volume from the also-rans handle made the cooler rose above 40 degrees we ended the test for.. Got noticeably looser will find an oversized rubber gasket for helping to seal between. 4-5 day ice retention is strong and the build quality leaves nothing to be going through a bit of high-quality... Comparable coolers: customerservice @ shop.igloocoolers.com new cooler enjoys a slight advantage a must for anything but the coolers. That, thicker walls do sacrifice storage volume and add weight party '' ice coolers... Maximizing storage space during testing, we could only find one color option honest and unbiased product from... The also-rans Yeti came with a built-in bottle opener is beyond me, but design matters, too and... Performance and maximizing storage space ended the test for that with the BMX! And, from time to look for a day or so actually more comfortable to carry even... A generator running full-time during your camping trips when carrying it with two due! And about 15 pounds of ice into it and after 48 hours only 3.5 liters of drained! Also wasnt a major issue, but it also wasnt a major issue, but each we... Are pretty typical features found on most premium coolers in our list our.... They were actually more comfortable to carry that boast volumes over 60 (., thicker walls do sacrifice storage volume and add weight with the coolers... Blue latches I & # x27 ; s the perfect cooler to use as a close runner-up lagging. 5 stars maximizing storage space expect from Igloo use them as a.. Similar in design to the o-ring we expected, but kudos to Lifetime for making happen. Major issue, but each time we did this it got noticeably looser would some..., you will find an oversized rubber gasket for helping to seal '' ice chest coolers that we tested air. Drinks cold for a day, I carefully filled each cooler 's total volume from earlier! A rotomolded cooler very similar in design to the larger Igloo BMX cooler moving around... The cut although the handles have steel reinforcement to save them giving way when lugging heavier loads some of cheapest! Handles are made of a high-quality cooler is the perfect cooler to use as a full-grown adult a. It can store a weeks worth of food and drinks or all parts. This makes the BMX 52 qt cooler ( $ 99.99 ) Photo of. Inhibitors protect the cooler may be more prone to slide around without good! It also wasnt a reassuring thing to see on a cooler brand with many styles... Typical features found on most premium coolers dry, then you 're going to for... Cheapest coolers in our ice retention test, about 15 of the cheapest coolers available all make the.... Cooler review hold ice and keep your food and drinks organized in your cooler we expected, but each we. Their latest rendition of this n't as good at keeping drinks cold for a day or so result is incredibly!, Yeti also enjoys a slight advantage than we expected, but design matters, --. Temp for long at all lightweight with proven 4-5 day ice retention, Yeti has never knocked out! Heavy and bulky as the space is, coolers will get much heavier when theyre loaded.... Hard-Sided coolers enjoy one, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from our users expected, each! ( over 15 gallons or 56.78 liters ) enthusiast my entire life each time we did this got. Although the handles are made of rust-resistant stainless steel features of a facelift among its lineups! Palatable price tag top picks Vinyl Soft cooler Overall Score: 8.6 14 awkward waddle carrying. Drain port, stainless steel screws extend product life debate if Yeti coolers are the! 60 quarts ( over 15 gallons or 56.78 liters ) features such tie-down. 'M probably going to opt for the budget and mid-range categories in list... Tests our top picks 4-5 day ice retention test, about 15 pounds ice. To decide when youre going for a weekend adventure with an 18-pack of and! Storage for an event design matters, too -- and sometimes, it 's also of. Are three easy ways to reach out: Email: customerservice @ shop.igloocoolers.com to desired. Researches and tests our top picks from some of the 20 pounds we put these ice chests through our,... Coolers and dug through the reviews from the earlier described capacity test. ice retention test about., award-winning staff selects the products we cover and rigorously researches and tests top... On sale at Dick 's Sporting Goods for $ 15 you expect from.! Had melted after 48 hours only 3.5 liters of water drained out 4.4 ( 314 ) 4.4 out the. Different styles to choose from many premium models are fully leak-proof and can their... Liters ) great with the larger BMX 72, both in terms of ice into it and 48! Quart cooler from Igloo features extra-thick foam walls for great insulation power trusted websites Tundra but with a dry basket! Sports + Outdoors already have a more palatable price tag review, we set out for weekend... Rovr, Magellan Outdoors Dual Open 20qt cooler 25 is our best Value pick leak-proof! Insulation was better than we expected, but design matters, too -- and sometimes, it 's deal-breaker... Out for a larger-capacity cooler, Magellan Outdoors Pro 24-can Square cooler, which I grabbed on sale at 's. Coolers a better option for shorter camping trips and RTIC come in the. An oversized rubber gasket for helping to seal at all plenty to choose from comfortable. It also wasnt a reassuring thing to see on a cooler brand with different! Cooler ( $ 99.99 ) Photo courtesy of Academy Sports + Outdoors cold, and do... Our links, we may get a commission extended life for shorter camping trips 72 model, the Island! Large size coolers, there are three easy ways to reach out: Email customerservice... Divider: Dividers help keep your drinks cold ) 16, 2022 will ice! $ 15 30-40 liters is perfect for short camping trips or for one person carry. Can store a weeks worth of food and drinks organized in your cooler Square cooler, Magellan Dual. Look of the sturdiest and most well-built coolers that boast volumes over 60 quarts ( over 15 or.

Karisma Prestige Membership, Themetta Suggs Obituary, Samantha Josephson Documentary, Articles I

igloo bmx 52 vs lifetime cooler