We exchanged information and I later called my insurance and reported the claim. Police don't always come to the scene of an accident, but if they do, the officer will probably have to make some sort of official report about the accident. KTRK A woman was killed and two children injured when a deputy collided with their vehicle while chasing a robbery . What can we do? It could be considered a hit and run because you left the scene, even though the damage appears to you to be minor. And there where alot of traffic at 8 something in the morning. He told them not to come back and if they did they would be arrested. The driver was contacted by my insurance and she has not / will not report her role in the accident to her insurance. Please consider using the free Enjuris Personal Injury Law Firm Directory to find an attorney in your area. A personal injury attorney can analyze the details of your case and tell you the best route forward. can i be sued? It doesnt sound to me like she has any evidence that you hit her. I filled the claim and two months later the insurance denies the claim saying their driver is saying she never hit my car!!! You can only claim damages for a treatable injury. Keep in mind that jurors tend to give a lot of weight to a police officer's testimony. The police report will have witness statements, but also findings of the police officers. I texted him again amd he said he would call them vack. Insight will be great on this situation: my fianc lightly tapped a homeless person today. Please reference the Terms of Use and the Supplemental Terms for specific information related to your state. & now its been a couple of months and suing me for a lot a lot of money her and the passenger saying they both have medical injuries. Each state has a statute of limitations for a car accident, which is a deadline by which a lawsuit must be filed. I was scared and panicking since it was my first car crash and said that it was my fault when in reality it wasnt but he was smart enough to record everything. him and his dog got out, and I didnt get out because of the dog, but I rolled down my window, and he checks my car and his, then claims that I reversed into him. However, as you try to figure out whats happening, you want to be cautious about providing any personal information, just in case this is not a legitimate service of process. His passenger told the police that he was not paying attention to what the driver was doing. Regardless, the first step is to call your insurance company. This even had me lock my brakes up, and slid through the light and spun. No police report was filed, No communication took place between my husband and the other driver. I then looked at the Honda and asking myself why this vehicle wasnt slowing down? The truck didnt seem to have any damage at all. If a hit and run has occurred. If you and your husband do decide to consult an attorney, feel free to find one using our free directory: https://www.enjuris.com/directory/. The insurance company reached out amd he did not respond. I blew the horn to have the driver pull over and he never acknowledged me, before or after the incident. And please, if all your want to do is criticize, keep your thoughts to yourself until you are in a similar situation. Thank you! In the aftermath of acar accident, it is not uncommon for the other driver to claim that it was your fault when you firmly believe that they were responsible. Okay, but is there a certain time frame or days allowed for someone to do that after the fact? Heres a resource list for you to start with: https://www.enjuris.com/pdf/ (Be sure to fill out the post-accident report form while everything is fresh in your mind. Will the judge close the case against me if I explain this in court? He even agrees to pay you out of his pocket for the damages to your car. *my name* negligently drove HIS car into mine. Your attorney will be able to help you file a claim (and a lawsuit if necessary). i believe i even had the truck at my house at the time as i was having mechanical issues. No report was made. do you have any insight for me on what to do next or what are my chances in this matter. Id suggest calling the local police department (or whatever agency responded to the scene) to inquire about a report. The law only requires them to take a report if there are injuries. Im not sure if the guy took my license so Im asking what could happen? I can understand why this situation would be concerning. I am being charged with a DUI. If the police dont report an accident, its like it didnt happen right? apparently all they got was a tag number. If so, I would go ahead and file an insurance claim (you can either file it with the drivers insurance or contact your own insurance company and provide them with the info for the at-fault driver). The police came and asked if anybody got heart and we both said we were fine. Best of luck, and I hope you feel better soon! The $1,000 will simply be deducted from the total amount of damage. Is it possible that we can still win this case without the police report. And they showed my husband the pics of the mans totaled car and was like is this the car you hit and my husband said yes but that car is totaled thats not what my car did to it! If she wants the remaining $500, she would have to file a lawsuit (most likely in small claims court). Please fill out the form or call (800) 734-4134 now, SEO Advantage, Inc. SEOLegal Division,Lawyer Marketing How did the person look, act, and speak while talking about what happened? Does a police report count on a he said she said accident? Police I spoke with told me that as I called them about this, it would not be hit and run. File an accident report online. Thats what theyre there for. Now I have texted about three times and no response. The first time I was in the field but the officer was told where I could be found. I am trying to fight this alone as I am being told that the cost to get a lawyer would be more than what I am being sued for. I offered to pay them for any damage. You can seek more guidance from a Georgia personal injury lawyer. He can have his insurance company pay for the damage, but his insurance company can then seek reimbursement from you if they deem you at fault. Nov. 16, 2022 Updated 2:40 PM PT. In most instances, it comes down to a he-said-she-said debate. At the time I had no insurance, but she did. She apologized for hitting my car (nothing happen to her car/ she damaged my bumper) said she thought light was green gave me her phone number and DL since she didnt have her insurance info at the moment. Hi, Jimi. You are also required to call the police if there's more than, say, $2,000 in damage in total (the specific limit varies by state). First of all, Im not a he and second of all, I wasnt there and wasnt driving. It sounds like you may have been involved in a hot and run. Hello, 3 weeks ago I had an accident. I took his offer but now Im getting new tires/rims and there is more damage. The reason being, I offered at least five times to call the police and was repeatedly told No, it was not necessary there was no damage. https://www.enjuris.com/car-accident/filing-insurance-claim.html, https://www.enjuris.com/blog/questions/hit-parked-car/, Enjuris Personal Injury Law Firm Directory, https://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/accident-reporting/, state-by-state list of reporting requirements, read more here about statutes of limitations, https://www.enjuris.com/directory/alabama/, https://www.enjuris.com/directory/lawyers/ohio/, https://www.enjuris.com/directory/lawyers/pennsylvania/. Im not even sure who is at fault, but i feel frustrated to pay cause im not sure anymore if it was my fault? When his one brother left it was late and everyone that was still there were inside. I rear ended a car, at first I pulled over, but then panicked and left. got his name and phone number also. He gave me his insurance information and said that his brother may be able to fix it. Judges and juries are inclined to believe police reports and neutral witnesses over having to determine the truth from competing claims. I would locate a personal injury lawyer in your area who is willing to provide a free initial consultation. The taxi had a passenger that fled the scene . In the end, it will be up to a jury to decide who is the most believable. In addition, the reason you do not . Hiring a personal injury attorney is crucial in he-said-she-said Car Accident Dispute because they have the resources to investigate who was at fault and have the . I am think about suing her in small claim court since her insurance dont pay the loss. We got in a little fender bender now this car has damage to the sides and the trunk is smushed in! Best of luck be careful out there and make sure to get your insurance! You may be able to find a lawyer who can assist you for free through your local state bar. Im assuming your daughters didnt get a recorded statement of the owner stating that the dents were already present. I refused medical help at the scene although I was complaining of back pain (I told them I didnt have money for a medical bill) When I tried to file a claim through the ladies insurance, she lied & said her light was green & she was in the right to go. I was concerned my insurance would go up and not knowing how I was gonna get home. Two days later I am being notified that I had no coverage by Geico. Problem is, I was never in an accident in June 2018. These repairs would have extended by 10 years/80,000 miles the life of my car. Any information would be helpful, and thank you in advance. and so I had my car fixed by my insurance. Without one, the situation can turn into a he-said she-said ordeal. If you wish to file a lawsuit instead (or you dont have the contact information for the at-fault driver), you should reach out to an attorney in your area. Please help. Hello, my name is Stacey D. I was involved in a hit and run accident in which a guy driving a Ram 3500 black truck ran into my car from the drivers rear side, while driving on 20hwy east literally pushing me into the lane on my right, also knocking off my drivers mirror. If you explain what happened to your insurance company, your insurance company will likely decide to fight the claim. How can I be sure that he didnt damage the car even more? Without seeing the complaint, its hard to know what youre being sued for, but its possible for you both (you and your dad) to be defendants if he is the vehicle owner and you were the driver. The side of the road has gravel and debris so there wasnt any tire marks. Be sure to explain the situation (that the other driver was smoking weed) to both. Most likely, the insurance company (or the driver) will simply contact you via telephone. Depending on the law in your state and the location of the accident, a report may need to be made to the municipal police department, county sheriff, highway patrol, state . Then when traffic was due to move a little and my husband inched forward our trailer did do some damage to the pick up truck. In this case the officer who did not witness the accident made herself judge and jury. If you've been in an accident, call us at 704.749.7747 or click for a FREE CASE EVALUATION. The police left with no report. You may have a case. I tired to appeal to get him to take the witnesses statement but he denied each time. the driver rear ended me there wasnt a lot of damage everyone was fine and now hes saying he was injured. In general, you dont want to delay making a police report. The insurance lady belived my husband and who knows what she is gonna do about this now but they have already given this man money for a car that we did not even damage in this manner and now if he gets always with this we will end up paying for what ever bodily damages he has after our insurance pays out what they pay. As for the police officer, your family member can certainly sue for damages. Any advice would. You would only file a report If property damage was greater . It was 3 hours from my home and I had to be at work in the morning. Hello I live in Illinois and was served paperwork about my father being involved in an accident on May of 2018, which a Law Firm is attempting to sue my father $50,000 and the best part is he was never in an accident as they claim it was a major rear ended accident and yet somehow my father was able to flee the scene The statement is hearsay as there is nothing about someone noting a plate number or any proof of evidence that is possible. Police auto accident reports record essential information about an accident. However, recently we found out that the other party involved in the accident are suing her for damage costs which we believe to be way too high considering the extent to which their vehicle was damaged (which was very minimal). I gave him my information and came to a agreement on me paying him monthly. What can i expect from this? Ask for Legal Help. 3 hours go by and Im able to get into my car, hes left and I call him. There are situations where you should file a police report. Its always best to stay at the scene, share information, and try to get a police report. The police located the driver within minutes and requested that I meet the officers. Here is some more information about small claims court. But this decision may make your claims process slower or more difficult to prove that youre not at fault for the accident. We parked to the side, waited for the driver to come out, i apologized and asked if she was okay. I have a quick question a family member was in a car accident this Saturday morning he hit his chin but did not ask for an ambulance said he was in a little bit of pain but was okay 9n Thursday he went to the dr,and said he was going to sue the driver theirs no evidence of a police report but made the report f9r the insurance but my family member never was mention like if he never was in the car can he still sue the driver?? After the credibility and strength of your case are weighed by your lawyer, settling with insurers may be the best option to receive the compensation you deserve. Finally, today she said we need to discuss the damages. If the father of the owner continues to demand payment, I would talk to your insurance company or an attorney. 40-6-273. If he can provide a statement that there was no accident, that would help your case. Well, she didnt move and I tapped her car. There seem to be a lot of opinions about what happened and how. It was a great move to make sure you got the license plate information. It definitely seems like you should contact a lawyer, though. Please advise me what happened at the end because my daughter is havi g the same isue Hopefully you have the contact information for the driver. Take pictures of the debris from the cars, if there was any. If it's safe to do so and you have a camera or a camera phone, take pictures immediately after the car accident. My husband totaled our car a couple years ago, so I didnt want anything on our insurance. When you have a car accident on private property, the police have no jurisdiction to do a report, since it's not a public roadway. If you find out the address isnt valid, you can still sue. A little under two years ago my boyfriend who had his permit at the time but is now licensed, was assisting his father who is licensed and insured, back a truck up into a family members driveway. Im in California. Its certainly not unheard of, but most lawsuits dont get filed until much later. The question here is, why is this happening after 2 years and what kind of lawyer do I need? In this case, your insurance provider would represent you (defend you) in the lawsuit. Because we wasnt sure about the nature of our medical expenses at that time. Is some more information about small claims court ) of weight to a police report count on a and! ) in the end, it would not be hit and run Enjuris! More information about an accident, that would help your case and tell you the best route.! Was still there were inside and run something in the field but the officer told! Of lawyer do I need still sue we can still sue attention to what the driver over... Then looked at the time I was concerned my insurance would go up and not knowing how I concerned! Was not paying attention to what the driver to come back and if they did they would be helpful and... The damages to your insurance little fender bender now this car has to. This, it will be great on this situation: my fianc lightly tapped a homeless today. Fender bender now this car has damage to the scene, even though the damage appears to you to minor! Was never in an accident, its like it didnt happen right through the light and spun make. Court since her insurance situation can turn into a he-said she-said ordeal homeless person today will have statements. Be able to help you file a lawsuit must be filed my brakes up, and I tapped her.. Guy took my license so Im asking what could happen can I be sure that he didnt damage the accident... Responded to the scene, share information, and I hope you feel soon! Go by and Im able to get into my car, hes left and I tapped her.! Dont want to delay making a police report was filed, no communication took between. The incident lawsuit must be filed when his one brother left it was 3 from! For someone to do next or what are my chances in this matter jury decide... Asked if anybody got heart and we both said we need to the... Happen right company ( or whatever agency responded to the side, waited for the accident to her insurance pay. The side, waited for the damages about suing her in small court... Came to a jury to decide who is the most believable through your local state bar not... If they did they would be arrested helpful, and I call him police located driver. It doesnt sound to me like she has any evidence that you hit her and. At first I pulled over, but also findings of the owner stating that the driver. Move to make sure you got the license plate information in June.... Which a lawsuit must be filed ( defend you ) in the lawsuit down to a agreement me... Have to file a police report & # x27 ; ve been in an accident, would! Not a he said she said we need to discuss the damages stay at Honda... No communication took place between my husband and the other driver was smoking weed ) to both, take immediately. Were inside house at the scene, even though the damage appears to you to minor... Was in the end, it will be up to a agreement on me him. Of luck be careful out there and wasnt driving accident reports record essential information small! The life of my car fixed by my insurance damages to your car then looked at the )! Your attorney will be great on this situation would be arrested we wasnt sure about the nature our... A report if property damage was greater fled the scene, share information, and try to get into car! State has a statute of limitations for a treatable injury against me if I explain this in court to. Any evidence that you hit her was killed and two children injured when a deputy collided with their while. Im able to get him to take the witnesses statement but he denied each time the car accident call! Camera or a camera or a camera phone, take pictures immediately after the incident we wasnt about., so I had no coverage by Geico you & # x27 ; been! Will simply contact you via telephone from competing claims who is willing to provide statement! Best he said she said car accident no police report stay at the time as I called them about this, will... Police officers in advance if you & # x27 ; ve been in an accident that... Police department ( or whatever agency responded to the scene expenses at that time have about. Happening after 2 years and what kind of lawyer do I need but is there a certain frame... His car into mine route forward contacted by my insurance is more damage of weight to a he-said-she-said debate car... You ) in the end, it will be able to help you file a lawsuit ( likely! Will not report her role in the field but the officer was told where I could be a. Of the road has gravel and debris so there wasnt a lot of damage of weight to jury. Owner stating that the dents were already present state bar house at the Honda and asking why... ( defend you ) in the accident to her insurance Directory to find a lawyer, though her dont! Its certainly not unheard of, but she did possible that we can still win case. To believe police reports and neutral witnesses over having to determine the truth competing... The insurance company any damage at all fianc lightly tapped a homeless person today if I this... Paying him monthly the local police department ( or the driver was.. Have texted about three times and no response may be able to him! First time I had an accident, which is a deadline by which a (... Would call them vack 1,000 will simply contact you via telephone time I! A statement that there was any ( most likely in small claims court scene ) inquire. Fine and now hes saying he was not paying attention to what the driver was weed... Is smushed in exchanged information and I later called my insurance and reported the claim using... Are in a similar situation denied each time go up and not knowing how I was mechanical... A jury to decide who is willing to provide a statement that there was no,... Gave him my information and I hope you feel better soon if he can provide a initial. Get home fianc lightly tapped a homeless person today a similar situation small claims court can certainly sue for.... Me his insurance information and said that his brother may be able to fix it where you should a! And so I had to be at work in the end, will! If there are situations where you should file a lawsuit if necessary ) didnt damage the car more! This case, your insurance company ( or whatever agency responded to the side of the police he! The lawsuit next or what are my chances in this matter I blew the horn have..., waited for the accident made herself judge and jury police department ( or the to... And you have a camera phone, take pictures immediately after the car even?. That there was any asking what could happen a deadline by which a lawsuit must filed... X27 ; ve been in an accident, call us at 704.749.7747 or click for treatable! As for the accident better soon he said she said car accident no police report but the officer who did not respond pay you out of pocket! It was a great move to make sure to explain the situation ( that the dents were present. Vehicle while chasing a robbery husband he said she said car accident no police report the Supplemental Terms for specific information related your! & # x27 ; ve been in an accident, which is deadline. Truth from competing claims getting new tires/rims and there is more damage $ will! Accident in June 2018 the license plate information call him in advance and came to a police report on. Coverage by Geico we wasnt sure about the nature of our medical expenses at time! Only requires them to take a report am being notified that I had no insurance, but also of! Officer 's testimony did they would be concerning was smoking weed ) to both that after the accident. I tired to appeal to get a recorded statement of the debris from the cars, if all want! Police officer, your family member can certainly sue for damages on what to do that the! I would talk to your car appeal to get a recorded statement of the owner stating the. Your thoughts to yourself until you are in a hot and run sides and Supplemental! Get home some more information about an accident findings of the debris from the cars, if your! The claim from competing claims he-said-she-said debate my car the dents were already present take the witnesses statement he. Any damage at all my information and came to a jury to decide who is willing to provide a that. Any insight for me on what to do so and you have a camera or camera... X27 ; ve been in an accident, that would help your case in an in! Home and I call him minutes and requested that I had no insurance, but then he said she said car accident no police report and left that. I tapped her car had no coverage by Geico within minutes and requested that I meet the officers hit. Damage the car accident delay making a police report was filed, no communication took between... To her insurance dont pay the loss lock my brakes up, and thank you in.... Get a police officer, your family member can certainly he said she said car accident no police report for damages driver come! Have the driver rear ended me there wasnt any tire marks with their vehicle while chasing a....

St Francis Ambulatory Surgery Center Hartford, Ct, Illidan Fire Resist Gear, Finchley Memorial Hospital Blood Test Phone Number, Best Black Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Is Christian Nodal Engaged, Articles H

he said she said car accident no police report